Status: Active ♥

Our Love

Three

The team welcomed her with open arms and Megan felt herself relax as time passed, heading inside as the group's conversation turned to work.

“Are they talking about S.W.A.T?” Deacon’s wife, Annie, asked from where she was standing by the oven.

“They’re discussing some new equipment or something,” Megan replied with a chuckle, “They seem quite excited about it.”

“Of course they are,” Annie stated, “It’s nice to have someone around that understands being on the outside...”

“How long have you and Deacon been married?” Megan asked.

“Ten years.” Annie smiled softly. “And counting.”

“Wow,” Megan nodded, impressed. “What’s the secret?”

“Accepting that, despite the love they have for us, S.W.A.T will always be their first love and loving them anyway,” Annie told her with a smile, “I see the way you look at Hondo, like he hung the stars in the night sky and that’s where I started with David.”

Megan nodded, glancing out into the yard and smiling as Hondo threw his head back laughing. Things had started off so casual between them, but she had slowly started falling, and somewhere along the line that fondness she felt for him had turned to love.

Stood at the sink with Deacon after dinner, Megan washed up in silence and looked over as the man spoke.

“You make him happy, you know,” Deacon said as he dried off the plate in his hands, “It’s been a while since I’ve seen him like this...”

“That’s good to hear because he makes me happy too.”

“I hope I’m not overstepping when I say this, but being a team leader is hard and sometimes that stress can get too much,” Deacon added carefully, stopping what he was doing in order to look at her and continuing, “I guess all I’m saying is be patient with him.”

“I will,” Megan replied with a fond smile.

“Thank you for your help,” Deacon told her as they headed back into the yard.

“You’re welcome,” Megan replied with a warm smile, “Thank you for inviting me.”

They had been talking for nearly an hour, when a chorus of beeps sounded and Hondo pulled out his phone. With an apologetic look, he dropped a kiss on Megan’s head and stood up.

“Cortez and Hicks are meeting us at the scene.”

“Be careful,” Megan said as she watched them head to the door.

“Always,” Hondo replied with a grin that soothed a little of her worry.

Unsure of what she was supposed to do next, Megan bit her lip nervously and looked over to find a knowing look in Annie’s eyes. Not wanting to overstay her welcome, she called for a taxi and thanked Annie as the driver honked outside a short while later.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading x