Status: Active ♥

Our Love

Four

Back at her apartment, Megan settled on the sofa and browsed through Netflix to find something to watch. She wasn’t sure when she dozed off, but it was light when she woke up and a look at her phone told her that it was nearly seven o’clock the next morning.

Stiff from sleeping on the sofa, she got up with a groan and stretched before going to make some coffee. Not seeing any texts from Hondo, she leaned against the counter and started typing out a message. Good morning handsome, I hope you’re safe and I’ll talk to you later

Despite her anxiety about going out alone, she knew that there were things she needed to do and got ready. With a list written, Megan grabbed her keys off the side and took a deep breath as she headed out.

Each step brought a new wave of dread and her panicked thoughts grew, but she refused to let it win. It was lunchtime by the time she got home and so, she cooked herself some food. She had just started eating, when someone knocked on the door and she opened it to find a tired-looking Hondo on the other side.

“Hey,” she greeted with a smile, stepping aside to let him in and closing the door behind him, “I just finished making some lunch, do you want some?”

“I could eat,” Hondo replied.

Megan motioned for him to take a seat and went to make him a plate, before joining him. There was a part of her that wanted to ask about his night, but she knew how hard his job could be and always refrained from doing so.

“There’s beer in the fridge if you want one.”

“Thanks,” Hondo said, grabbing a bottle and returning to his seat, “How was your morning?”

“It was good,” Megan told him with a smile, “Even managed to get some errands done.”

“You know, we haven’t spoken about the robbery since it happened,” Hondo added carefully, setting down his fork and looking at her as he continued, “How’re you dealing with it?”

“Fine...”

It was true, they hadn’t spoken about the robbery and that had worked out for Megan. Hondo was the leader of a S.W.A.T team, nothing scared him and she didn’t want him to know that simply stepping outside her front door sent panic through her.

“You don’t have to talk about it, but it might help,” Hondo stated, following her into the kitchen as she gathered up the dishes, “I want to be the person that you turn to when you’re scared, hurt, mad... all of it, I want to be your safe place.”

“I...” Megan began, focusing on the washing up and wiping away a few stray tears that slid down her cheek.

“Hey,” Derek said softly as he turned off the tap, wrapping his arms around her from behind and dropping a kiss on her head, “Talk to me.”

“Someone held a gun to my head and threatened to pull the trigger, there was bound to be some after-effects to that,” Megan explained, turning in his arms and looking up at him, “Luckily, I have you and just being around you makes me feel untouchable. I can handle a little anxiety, what I can’t handle is the thought of worrying you and then you getting hurt because of that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Reading x

Sometimes anxiety can make you feel like a burden, so was Megan right to keep it to herself or should she share her fears with the man she loves?