So to Hell with Good Intentions

Fell in Love with Hate 'cause Evil Fit Like a Glove

...2017

I’m sitting in my studio going over my friend’s concept art for her next photoshoot she’s wanting to do for her next project in art school. Excess by Tricky is playing in the background as I’m thinking of ways to bring these characters to life. “She could have picked any horror movie in the world but she had to pick fucking Leprechaun.” I mutter to myself as my studio mate, Rebecca, walks in.

“Hey, your cousin Chris is outside with a very attractive friend.” She informs me.

“Does Chris have anything in his hands?” I question her, looking up from the concept art.

“Does it matter?” She questions, shooting me a look. “Aren’t you glad to see him?”

“It depends on what he has in his hands.” I chuckle. “Because if it’s stargazer lilies, he’s here out of love. But if it’s Red Bull and Gummy Bears, he’s here to ask me a favor. So which is it? Flowers or my life’s fuel?”

“I’ll send him back.” She ignores the question, smirking, before walking away to grab my cousin.

To the world my cousin is a big deal. Well maybe not the world but atleast the Metal community. To them he’s known as this bad ass motherfucker named Chris Motionless. To me? He’ll always be Chris Cerulli, my annoying but loveable cousin. He’s the one that believed in me when no one else did. And I honestly owe him my career and whatever fame that goes with it.

“You’re a very distrusting person, you know this right?” Chris questions as he walks towards me. A smirk is dancing on his lips and his hands remain behind his back. I look past him and see a semi familiar face. Behind him stands Spencer Charnas, the lead singer of Ice Nine Kills; a band my ex boyfriend loved and I barely tolerated.

“What’s behind your back, Chris?” I question him, leaning back on my desk chair. He rolls his eyes and places a tall boy of Red Bull and a giant ass bag of my favorite type of gummy bears. “What kind of favor do you need?” I chuckle before cracking open the can.

“I don’t need the favor. “He starts, “This is Spencer Charnas, he's the lead singer of…”

“Ice Nine Kills.” I interrupt him. “Trever, my ex, was obsessed.”

“And you?” Spencer questions, smirking.

“Not really my thing.” I shrug. “Too scene for my liking.”

Spencer laughs as Chris continues, “They’re coming out with an album that’s inspired by horror movies and…”

“And you need my special brand of talent, correct?”

“Who wouldn’t want a special effects makeup artist that has worked on movies such as Saw: The Final Chapter and Jigsaw.” Spencer states, causing me to raise my eyebrow in question. “I’m sort of a fanboy of yours. It’s so hard to believe you worked on The Final Chapter at 18.”

“Flattery will get you everywhere with me.” I laugh.

“And I’m assuming Red Bull and gummy bears, too?”

I smile. “Is the CD out yet? Or can you give me a copy. Along with the list of songs that you’re going to be making into videos? That way I can start thinking up ideas and start drawing concept art?”

“Are you agreeing to this, even before finding out what we can pay you?” He questions. “Just like that?”

“Don’t sound so shocked.” I laugh. “Just because I’ve done box office hits doesn’t mean I wouldn’t do this. Honestly I couldn’t care less about a paycheck. I do it for the art and the ability to beef up my portfolio. So whenever you guys are ready, we can make music video magic.”

“Told you October would do it.” Chris says, proudly. But Spencer isn’t paying attention to his fellow lead singer. His eyes are glued to me.

“Thank you, October.” Spencer says. “I have a feeling this is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship.”

“I believe you’re onto something…”
♠ ♠ ♠
First thing I've written in 2 years. Probably no one is gonna read this but oh well.

Chapter title credit: The American Nightmare by Ice Nine Kills.

comment and subscribe? Also I'm looking for characters, so message me if you are interested.