So to Hell with Good Intentions

It's fate that I'm still here And I won't be forsaken

October’s POV

“Hey babe, I’m gonna go take Voorhees to Lydia and Ricky’s!” I yell to Spencer as he’s in the shower. I grab Voorhees bag and dog bed before turning to the German Shepherd Dog sitting by the door. He looks at me, wagging his tail; happy to be going somewhere. “Alright boy; let’s go to Aunt Lydia and Uncle Ricky’s.” I laugh before looking up his leash and heading towards the car. I get closer to my car and I can feel the blood in my veins grow cold. There are two people leaning up against my car. I sigh before looking down at my dog. “And I was about to think this week was gonna be perfect.” I take a deep breath before walking over to the car. “How the fuck did you find me?” I ask the two people up against my car. The two artificial red heads look at me, a sickening sweet smile appears on their faces.

“What no “hello mother, hello big sister”? My sister, Abigail, asks as a smirk forms on her lips. “I see you're still dying your hair blue and wearing all that black and pentagrams.”

“And I see you still have a stick up your ass.” I return, a smirk of my own appears on my lips. “What are you and mother doing in L.A? I thought you didn’t want to be in the land the devil runs.”

“We came to talk.” My mother says. “I heard you’re going to Philadelphia to visit your father.”

“You came all this way from Ipswich to talk about me going to Philly to visit Dad.” I scoff. “Why are you really here Sheila? It’s not to talk about Dad. Or even to talk about me visiting him. You’re here to talk about me and whether or not I’m ready to accept God into my life. The answer is never.”

“We’re here to talk about your boyfriend and the music his band puts out.” My sister states. “He has a very unhealthy obsession with horror movies.”

“So do I and so does Dad.” I counter. “We’ve been watching horror movies since we were kids. I don’t understand why all the sudden you’re this bible thumping twit. What happened to you that turned you into this Stepford Wife that must obey a book written by men?

“Both of you were never like this. It was only when the Reverend came into our lives that you changed. Two of the strongest women I know turned into shells of themselves over someone that fucking raped and beat the shit out of the women in his life.” They both look away from me. “I refuse to live in your delusional world. Now get the fuck off my car. I’ve got places to be.” They do as I say. I glare at them before unlocking the car and loading Voorhees in the car. Once he’s safe in the vehicle, I turn to the two women. “Never bring Spencer up as a reason you want to save me. Because he’s the best damn thing that has ever happened to me. He’s my saving grace; not you two.” I get into my car, slamming the door closed. I take a deep breath before turning on the car and peeling out of my parking spot.

**

I knock on Lydia and Ricky’s door. After a couple minutes, Lydia opens up. Her smiling face turns into a look of concern when she sees me. “Toby, what’s wrong? You okay?”

“Mommy Dearest is back.” I reply; voice a little shaky. “She somehow found me at my apartment complex. She was waiting by me in the parking garage”

“Are you okay?” She asks, frantically pulling me into the apartment, and shutting the door behind us. “She didn’t hurt you or Voorhees, did she?”

“She’s not a monster.” I reply. “We’re fine. She was going on about how Spencer is too horror obsessed and it’s unhealthy.”

“What’s un-fucking-healthy is her stalking you.” Lydia yells, this earning the attention of her fiance.

“What’s going on?” He asks, looking between the two of us. His face softens when he sees how shaken I am. “Toby, what’s wrong? Do I need to call Spencer?”

“Don’t call Spencer!” I urge him. “He doesn't need to know my mom stopped by to see me. This’ll ruin our week away. I’m fine, I promise. Please don’t call him.”

“Fine but he needs to know whatever happened to you.” He states. “He loves you.”

“I know.” I smile. “He’s amazing. And I’ll tell him once we come back from Philly. Speaking of which,” I say turning to Lydia, “I need the bag of lingerie I brought over here.”

“Why couldn’t you have stored that in your own apartment?” Ricky asks.

“Because it's a surprise for Spencer.” I counter. “Remember the boudoir shoot I did with my friend?” Both of them nod their heads. “Well I’m doing one for Spencer. It’ll be my present for our one year anniversary.”

“That’s actually pretty sweet.” Lydia gushes. “He’s gonna love it.”

“Now we just need to make it to Philly without any more issues.” I sigh. Lydia frowns before hugging me.

“Call us when you land, okay?” She asks. “It’s gonna be fine. You just need to get the hell out of L.A for a bit.”

“I hope you’re right.” I sigh. “Here is Voorhees things, take good care of him, please?” I shoot them a weak smile before quickly leaving; waving a goodbye as I walk out of their apartment.

**

“Hey Spence, you’re ready!” I call out to my boyfriend. Seconds later, he emerges from our bedroom carrying both of our bags and tossing them by the door. “Hey baby,” I smile as I toss the bag of lingerie on the couch before walking over to him and wrapping my arms around his neck. “You ready to hit the road; we’ve got a flight to catch.”

“What’s in the bag?” He motions to the bag I just tossed on the couch. He snakes his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to his body.

“It’s a surprise for you.” I kiss his nose. “And if you’re a very good boy, I’ll give you a sneak peek of your surprise in Philly.”

“And if I’m a very naughty boy?” He smirks.

I lean up enough to whisper in his ear, “then I’ll show you it on the airplane.” I back out of his arms. “Come on, let’s get the fuck out of L.A.”

He narrows his eyes at me, sensing something is wrong. “You okay, babe? You seem a little off, just now.”

“Mommy Dearest and the sister from hell paid me a visit.” I tell him. “We can talk about them when we get back. I don’t want anything to ruin our vacation.”

“The moment we get back—”

“I’ll tell you everything.” I promise him. “And I do mean everything…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?