So to Hell with Good Intentions

You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

“Well Hello my fellow Psychos.” Marina says into a microphone. “Thank you for tuning in. This is Rue Morgue Tales with me as your host, Marina Massacre. Yes, that was my Myspace name back in the day.” She chuckles into the microphone, causing me and Spencer to chuckle as well. “Today I have not one but two special guests. The first guest is a fan favorite during Covid and you’ve been requesting her to come back. Please welcome to the podcast, my best friend and world famous makeup artist, October Valentine. And yes that is her legal name.”

I laugh. “Thanks for having me back.” I say into the microphone. “It’s always nice hanging out with you.”

“And our second guest has been HIGHLY requested; even more requested than Toby. Before I didn’t have an in but now I do. Please welcome to the podcast for the first time ever, Spencer Charnas of Ice Nine Kills.”

“Woa, woah woah.” I laugh. “Why does it feel like you love Spencer more than me? You gave him the better intro.”

“Sadly babe, the fans love him more.” Marina states, laughing. “Don’t worry, if you guys break up I’ll take your side.”

“You better, bitch.” I laugh.

“Thanks for having me.” Spencer says into the microphone. “Now that I can speak.” He shoots me a look, smirking.

“Watch yourself, Charnas.” I playfully glare at him. “Remember, I’m your ride back to the hotel.”

“So I’ve asked you guys to send in questions regarding anything to do with makeup, Ice Nine Kills and even October and Spencer’s relationship.” Marina explains. “So we’re gonna ask as many questions as we can. And from the looks of it, there are a lot of questions regarding your relationship, guys. Any thoughts on that?”

“I mean, I can understand it.” I say.

“A lot of fans have been speculating our relationship for years.” Spencer chuckles. “So let’s just go for it. Maybe we can finally set some things straight.”

“Yea, let’s do this!” I agree. “What’s the first question my darling?”

“Who was interested in who first?” Marina asks. “Knowing my best friend, I think I know the answer to that.”

“And what’s the answer?” Spencer is the one to ask.

“Knowing how cold she is to love, especially in the beginning, she probably missed any and all signs.” Marina laughs. “So I’m gonna say Spencer was interested in her first.”

“I should be offended as fuck but when you’re right, you’re right.” I laugh. “I started feeling something when we first started the video for Thank God, It’s Friday.

“For me it was half way through the shooting for the video for The American Nightmare.” Spencer answers.

“During that shoot, I was talking on the phone with Chris Motionless aka my darling cousin and he warned me not to fall in love with Spencer.” I admit, laughing. “Yea, we can see how well I listened to my cousin.”

“Chris has to be happy for you though, right?”

“He threatened to slit my throat if I ever dared to hurt her.” Spencer answers the question. “But for the most part, I think he’s happy. Just as long as Toby is happy.”

“Next question, this one goes to Toby.” Marina says, moving on. “What is your favorite and least favorite Ice Nine Kills video you’ve worked on?”

“Favorite would be either Rainy Day or Hip to be Scared and least favorite would be Assault and Batteries.”

“Seriously?” Spencer asks, shocked. “I thought you like doing Assault and Batteries? I figured IT is the End would be your least favorite since you know…clowns.”

“I mean it’s up there as my least favorite too.” I giggle. “But Assault and Batteries is the reason why I’m not afraid of dolls and kids. You guys were so fucking terrifying as dolls.”

“Why were Rainy Day and Hip to be Scared your favorites?” Marina asks.

Rainy Day because of zombie makeup, I love doing that. And Spencer looked pretty fucking hot in tactical gear.” I laugh. “And for Hip to be Scared, it has nothing to do with Spencer being half naked and more so that was the video Spencer asked me out. Which I think he asked me out. He never gave me a verbal confirmation. We just started kissing, cuddling and having sex after that.” Spencer just looks at me, rolling his eyes at my comment but still smiling nonetheless. “What!? You never answered me when I asked if you were asking me out.”

“You could have just said no to the sex and kissing.” He laughs.

“Have I ever said no to you?” I counter. “We established a long time ago that I can’t say no to you. I was just going with the flow.”

“Well it worked out for me in the end.” Spencer jokes. “I got the girl in the end.”

“Okay Spencer this question is for you.” We swiftly move on. “What was that one thing that drew you to October?”

Spencer bites his lower lip before a smile breaks through. “What drew me to her was that she wasn’t afraid to be herself. She’s unapologetically herself; she doesn't give a shit what people think about her. Plus she was always super easy to talk to. We would just talk for hours about horror movies, music; anything in between. She was definitely one of my best friends before she was my girlfriend.”

I can feel tears forming in my eyes. “You bastard, you’re making me cry.” I sniffle. “And this makeup isn’t waterproof.” Spencer leans over and places a kiss on my temple. “I love you, babe. Sappiness and all.”

“You two are so sweet, you’re gonna give me a toothache!” Marina gushes. “But come on, we’ve got a lot more questions to get through. Next question is, would you ever get married?”

Spencer looks at me and tenses up. I just smile. “Normally I would be 100% against marriage. I mean I am a child of divorce. But with Spencer, everything is different. I usually don’t think about the future. But I’ve thought about the future…a lot. And yes if and when the time is right, I wouldn’t mind getting married. Especially if it’s to Spencer…”

“Good answer.” Marina smiles. “I wouldn’t mind Spencer Charnas in the family. Maybe you guys can hook me up with a bandmate?”

“I think Patrick is single.” I tell her, smiling. She has always had a weakness for drummers. She just blushes. “Okay Marina, what’s the next question?”

“Hey this is my show…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe? A cute little filler.