So to Hell with Good Intentions

Killed in the climax of debauchery, we learned the hard way

...2018; It: Chapter 2 set

Thank God, It’s Friday. by Ice Nine Kills is playing in the background as I’m packing up my makeup kits at the end of a very long filming day. Just as I’m closing up my last kit, there is a knock on the door followed by it opening up. I look in the mirror and see Bill Skarsgard standing in the doorway.

“What is this crap you’re listening to?” He questions with a smirk. “I’ve been meaning to ask you all these months.”

“The band is Ice Nine Kills. They just released an album called The Silver Scream and all the songs are based off of horror movies. This song is based off of Friday the 13th.

“I guess that explains why you’re listening to them then.” He laughs. “Any songs about IT?”

“In fact they do.” I reply quickly, turning on IT Is the End. “This is their song about IT. But them being horror based isn’t the only reason I’m listening to them. I did makeup and special effects makeup for them for their music videos for this album. Plus my cousin is friends with them.”

“All good reasons.” He muses before walking in. “So now that we’re wrapping, what are your plans next?”

“Probably take a break.” I shrug. “Maybe see what my cousin is doing. Either visit him at home, in the studio or even on tour. Possibilities are endless right now since I’m in between projects.”

“My offer still stands,” he states. “You’re more than welcome to come to Sweden and I can show you around.”

“Been there, done that.” I laugh. “I’m gonna stay away from Sweden as much as possible. I nearly got in a fight there once on vacation. Me and Swedes don’t get along. Other than you, of course.”

There is a loud knock on the door and in comes one of our big burly security guards walking in. Steve has been my saving grace plenty of times when it comes to me forgetting my passes in the beginning of shooting. “Hey Valentine, there is someone at the gates asking for you.” He informs me, causing both me and Bill to share a look before giving the muscular man in front of us.

“It’s two in the fucking morning, who the hell is out at the gate asking for me?” I ask him. “Did he give you a name?”

“Patrick Bateman.”

“The character from American Psycho?” Bill questions before looking at me. “Is this safe? Because he clearly gave you a wrong name.”

I just laugh before grabbing my purse. “It’s fine guys, it’s my friend Spencer. Patrick Bateman is my contact name for him in my phone. Don’t ask. He's a horror movie obsessed fanboy which caused me to call him American Psycho most of the time.”

“Are you going to be safe with that man?” Steve questions me.

“There are scarier things in this world than Spencer Charnas, trust me.” I assure him. “I’ll follow you out Steve, it’s time for me to head back to my hotel anyway.”

“Are you going to the wrap party tomorrow night?” Bill questions as he walks out with me.

“Nope.” I reply. “Not much of a party person. Besides, the last wrap party nearly got both of us in trouble with our significant others.” I remind him as I lock up my trailer. “I’m going to stop by, get my shit and fly back out to L.A as soon as possible.”

Bill pulls me into a hug and places a kiss on my head. “Be safe. Text me as soon as you get to your hotel. I want to make sure you get back alive.”

“Again, Spencer Charnas is many things but he’s not actually a serial killer.” I assure him once again as I pull away.

**

Steve and I head back to the gates just in time to see Spencer taking a picture with the other security guard. Apparently he’s a fan.

“Patrick Bateman? Seriously Charnas?” I laugh, causing the lead singer to look at me; a grin forming on his lips.

“I’ve got to keep you guessing, Valentine.” He walks over to me and pulls me into a back breaking hug. “I missed you.”

“It’s two in the morning Spence,” I remind him. “What are you doing in Canada at two in the morning? And more importantly, how did you find me?”

“Chris. He told me your location. And I wanted to fly out and surprise you, that’s all.” He shrugs. “I’m kinda attached to you and I really miss you.” My heart melts at him saying this.

“Let me guess, you don’t have a hotel or anything to stay in.” I assume, earning a nod from the singer. “Follow me and you can crash at my place. It’s a five minute drive from here.”

“And when we get there we can watch movies?” He suggests, playfully. “I already have a probably cold pizza in my rental car.”

“Sure, you can pick.” I smile as we link arms and walk away.

**

“Alright Spencer, what are we watching?” I ask him as I walk out of the bathroom. After my shower I changed into a Scream t-shirt along with short shorts. Spencer looks up at me as I pull my blue hair up in a messy bun. A smirk forms on his lips. “Are you going to answer me, American Psycho?”

“Look at your shirt.” He replies. “That should give you your answer.”

“Good pick.” I reply as I grab a slice of pizza and sit on the couch next to him. He pulls my legs on top of his, allowing me to lounge on the couch. Causing me to shoot him a look.

“What?” He asks, looking innocent. “You’ve been working all day, you deserve to relax.” I just smile as he presses play. “How is work anyway?”

“We wrapped today, so pretty fucking great.” I reply before removing my legs from his lap. I scoot over to cuddle up against him instead; this causes the man to smile softly down at me. “What? I like cuddling while watching movies.” He shakes his head, a chuckle escaping as he puts his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

“You’re not going to the wrap party?” He questions.

“Do I look like the partying type, Spence?” I chuckle. “Besides, the last wrap party is why my last relationship ended.”

“Did you cheat on your boyfriend with Bill Skarsgard?” He jokes, laughing only stops when he realizes I’m not laughing. He pulls away from me, looking at me; kind of shocked. “You hooked up with Pennywise? The girl afraid of clowns?”

“You’re acting like I fucked Bill wearing his Pennywise gear.” I laugh. “It wasn’t my finest moment and I regret it. But honestly me and Trever were on the way out anyway. Me having sex with the demon clown only helped end it sooner.”

“Have you ever cheated on anyone else?” He questions. “I’m curious.”

“Nope.” I reply back quickly. “And that was the only time I ever hooked up with an actor or musician that I worked with. I don’t make it a habit to sleep with the hand that signs my paycheck.” For the rest of the night, a silence washed over us. It wasn’t a bad silence, but a silence that tells me something quickly changed between us. Not sure if that change is good or bad. It’s just different.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: Thank God It's Friday by Ice Nine Kills.

comment&subscribe? I think this is the last flashback chapter. The story's present time starts around 2021. Again if you want to be a character, let me know.