So to Hell with Good Intentions

Baby you're the highlight of my lowlife

“So how did you two meet?” My dad asks as we wait on the copious amounts of food I ordered from my favorite Korean Barbeque place.

“Your nephew pimped me out.” I joke as I sit next to Spencer on the couch. “Spencer needed a makeup artist and Chris being the ever supportive cousin, took him straight to me.”

“He was smart and made a sacrifice, right?” My dad smirks, knowing exactly what I need to say yes to a favor.

Spencer shoots me a look. “Does everyone know about the Red Bull and gummy bear sacrifice?”

“Yes…yes they do.” I slowly say as if it was obvious. “And honestly the sacrifices vary between person to person. But the widely accept sacrifice is Red Bull and gummy bears.”

“It used to be a venti strawberry and creme frap with java chips and mocha drizzle from Starbucks.” My dad pointed out. “No idea why she loved that drink so much.”

“Duh, it tastes like a chocolate covered strawberry.” I point out. “What’s not to fucking love?”

“So Mister Cerulli—” Spencer starts.

“Call me Dan; none of that Mister Cerulli shit.” My dad laughs. “I’m not my father nor am I a lawyer anymore.”

“Fine…Dan.” Spencer smiles. “What are your thoughts on October’s career? Do you think she made the right choice?”

My dad looks at me with such pride in his eyes. This man has supported me in everything I did. Right down to gambling it all and moving out to L.A after working on Saw: The Final Chapter. Unlike his ex-wife, he just wants to see me happy; even if that means having to fail first.

“I always knew October was going to do amazing things. She was destined to work in the field of makeup. She’s been interested in this field since we first watched Thirteen Ghosts. She was gonna do this whether or not we approved. Thankfully for her, I atleast support her. Her mother on the other hand was never gonna support her even if she wanted to be a doctor. Her mother thinks a woman’s place is catering to her husband; she wasn’t always like that though.”

“What changed?”

“She cheated on dad.” I inform Spencer. “She cheated on him with her now husband. He’s one of those overly religious guys that think women are only good for being slaves to their husbands and popping out a litter of kids. And since mom can’t do the latter, she must dive deep in the slave role.”

“What was she like before that moment?”

“She was the typical wild child in the 80s.” My dad laughs. “She was this hot goth chick that wanted the golden retriever nerdy boyfriend. I wish I knew what changed in her.”

“I’ve got a few guesses.” I snort, causing the two of them to look at me. “I thought it was known; she was brainwashed. Religion is a damn cult.”

The next couple hours are spent talking about random things. Spencer’s love of horror. Our combined love for tattoos. Edgar Allen Poe. My embarrassing stories from my childhood. Me and Chris getting arrested together. We talked about everything. It was nice to have the two important men in my life in one room.

It’s nearly midnight when my dad turns in, leaving me and Spencer alone in the living room; snuggled up on the couch. “I should probably be getting home.” He says, not bothering to move away from me. “We’ve got an early morning tomorrow.”

“Hopefully we should be able to finish.” I snuggle my face into his chest. “But do you have to leave? Can’t you just stay the night?”

“I don’t want your dad to get the wrong impression of me.” He laughs before kissing my head. “Besides, I don’t have any clean clothing here. So I might as well go home now instead of us rushing there tomorrow before the shoot.”

“Boo, you whore.” I pout. “But your logic is sound and I hate that.”

“Have you ever thought about potentially moving in with me?” He asks. I pull away and look at him; shocked that those words came out of his mouth. “Look I know we’ve only been officially for a couple months. But we’ve known each other for 3 years. We know everything about each other. And honestly we spend so damn much at each other’s places. And honestly, I don’t know about you, but I dread sleeping without you.”

“You’ve thought about us moving in with each other?” I ask him, a smile threatening to break on my lips. “Like really thought about it?”

“I’ve been in love with you for 3 years, so yea. I’ve thought about it.” He smiles as a hand comes up and pushes my hair. “You don’t have to say anything, just think about it; please?”

“I don’t have to think about it.” I confidently tell him. “I don’t know about you, but my lease is coming up in a couple months. How about we start looking for a place together?”
♠ ♠ ♠
if you want to be a character, let me know. You don't have to be the S/O of someone in INK. Your character just needs to be tied to October.

comment&subscribe?