Last Seen in a Slasher's Dream

And when the new day dawns upon our master plan

Spencer’s POV

“So why are we here?” Justin asks as we walk through the convention hall of Terror Con. “Couldn’t we get props from Ebay or some shit?”

“And miss this?” I motion around me, chuckling. “Besides, if we got props on Ebay we run the risk of paying way too much on them. Besides, I thought you’d be happy about coming here. This place has everything; even a tattoo studio doing horror movie flash art.”

“Now that does sound fun.” He chuckles. “Don’t they get tattoo conventions here or are they just showcasing a local shop.”

“Apparently they’re based in Salem.” I shrug, “want to head over there after we find a few of our props?”

“Sure. I could always use another tattoo.” Justin shrugs and we continue on looking for props for our upcoming videos.

**

We head over to the part of the convention where they are having the tattoo studio doing flash art. Justin and I share a look once we hear the music the studio is playing. “Are they seriously playing Connect the Cuts?” Justin chuckles. ”Yea we definitely have to stay and get something done.”

“You can get something done and I’ll be there for emotional support.” I laugh. “This line seems extremely long.”

“Might as well stay and see what the fuss is about.” Justin shrugs. “You’ve got to be as curious as I am.”

Someone in line in front of us turns around and looks at both of us. “You’re telling me, you have no idea who runs Enterally Yours?” She asks, kinda shocked. “There is a reason, other than all the artists specializing in horror movies, why there at a horror convention.”

“And what’s the reason?” I ask.

“The owner, Indy Ulrich, is the kid sister of Skeet Ulrich.” She replies. “Aka Billy Loomis from Scream.”

“Are you shitting me?” I chuckle. “Seriously, everyone is going gaga over Skeet’s kid sister?”

Another person turns around as well. “Girl is hot and talented with a tattoo gun as well.”

Justin looks at me with a smirk. I groan, I know exactly what’s gonna come out of his mouth next. “Okay you need to stay and I’ll play the best damn wingman ever.”

“No.” I simply tell him. “I’m not about to sit there while you attempt to get me back on the horse.”

“You and Nadia broke up months ago.” Justin reminds me. “You need to get back out there. And why not flirt with the sister of an actor from your favorite movie franchise.” I just roll my eyes and we continue to wait in line in silence…

By the time we got to the front of the line, the music went from Ice Nine Kills, to Motionless in White back to Ice Nine Kills. Right now our song The Fastest Way to a Girl’s Heart is Through Her Ribcage is playing. This close, we get to see all the artists up close and personal. There are only 4 artists and only one girl. That must be the owner. I think to myself as I watch her disinfect her area. She has dark hair, simple makeup. She’s wearing an Ice Nine Kills t-shirt with the sleeves cut off, showing off a half horror movie themed tattoo sleeve. She’s gorgeous.”

“You’re staring.” Justin says in a sing-song tone. “She’s a cutie, right?” I just roll my eyes as a tiny brunette takes Justin’s ID and asking him to pick his flash design.

“Indy, incoming!” The tiny brunette screams, alerting the brunette tattoo artist. “Go ahead boys, boss lady is gonna take great care of you.” We head down to the station furthest away from us.

“Give me one minute and I’ll be right with you.” Indy states, not looking up from her station as she cleans it. A minute passes and she looks up and an instant gasp escapes her lips. “Hey, thanks for stopping by. Let’s get started.” She motions to Justin to take a seat but her eyes are on mine. “What brings you guys here at Terror Con?” She asks as she starts prepping Justin’s skin.

“Looking for props for our upcoming music videos.” Justin replies.

“What kind of music videos are you doing if you’re at a horror convention?” She chuckles.

“Our next album is based on horror movies.” I explain. “So we wanted to get authentic props for the videos.”

“That actually sounds bad ass.” She admits. “I loved your last album. The Nature of the Beast is one of my favorite songs. I loved reading Animal Farm in high school.”

“You actually had to read that in school?” I question her. “I thought it was a banned book.”

“I think it was overturned.” She laughs. “I read it in my sociology class. It was an interesting experience.”

The rest of the short session was spent talking about random shit. Anything from novels to horror movies. Indy is extremely easy to talk to.

“So have you ever thought about acting?” I ask her as she cleans off Justin’s tattoo. She stops what she’s doing and actually thinks about it. “I’m just asking because of who your brother is.”

“Or is this your way of asking me to be in a music video?” She smirks.

“Okay, you caught me.” I laugh. I watch as she wraps up Justin’s tattoo before taking off her gloves. She grabs one of her business cards, flipping it over to write something on the back.

“If this is a serious offer, here’s my number.” She hands me over the card. “Even if it’s not a serious number, keep it. Talking to the two of you has been the highlight of my day.”

I bite my lower lip to keep myself from smiling. “See you around Indy.”

“See you around Spencer.” She says before turning to another artist. “I’m taking my break. I think my brother’s panel is almost done. I want to get a bite to eat with him.” The other artist nods. She smiles as she walks away; swaying her hips as she exits the area.

“Are you sure you don’t want to get back on the horse?” Justin asks, breaking the trance Indy put me in. I look over at him and he’s smirking. “I think your heart is telling you something.” He mocks. “Maybe it’s finally over Nadia.”

“Indy is just easy to talk to.” I shrug. “Plus she’d be perfect to be in our music videos.”

“Sure, keep telling yourself that, Charnas.” Justin chuckles before walking away. I just shake my head before following him. He’s wrong. I’m not over Nadia and that’s not going to change just because of some girl I’ve talked to for 30 minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?