Last Seen in a Slasher's Dream

In the belly of the beast, I'm a wolf amongst sheep

Indy’s POV

I lean up against the wall across from the conference hall door’s. I watch as the fans and stars of Scream walk out. The last two guys to walk out of the hall are the two I’m looking for; Skeet and Matthew. Both of them look at me, smiling. Skeet is the first to pull me into a hug quickly followed by Matthew.

“I thought you were doing tattoos all day and didn’t have time for your two favorite murders?” Matthew asks before kissing the top of my head and pulling away.

“Well I made time.” I inform them. “Shitty and expensive convention food?” I ask, holding up my credit card. “My treat.” Skeet puts an arm around me and we head towards the food vendors.

**

“So how has today been?” Skeet asks before taking a huge bite into his sandwich. “Any interesting stories?” His mouth is full of food and he’s spitting it out as he talks.

“Gross.” I chuckle. “But yea, I had an interesting experience.”

“OOOO do tell.” Matthew chuckles.

“Both of you know who one of my favorite bands is, right?” I ask them. Both shake their heads no. Rolling my eyes, I point to the Ice Nine Kills tank I’m wearing. “Anyway, their lead singer and bassist stopped by to get a tattoo.”

“What are they doing at a horror conference?” Skeet questions. “They don’t make horror music.”

“Apparently that’s about to change.” I laugh. “They’re picking up props for their upcoming music videos.”

“And why is this an interesting experience?” Matthew asks. “Besides meeting guys you probably have a crush on.”

“Who said I had a crush on any of them?” I raise my eyebrow. “Besides we all know my one true love.” I wiggle my eyebrows at him, causing both of them to laugh. “But seriously, the lead singer asked me an unusual question.”

“Do I have to kill him over this question?” Skeet asks, going straight into big brother mode.

“He asked me if I ever thought about acting.” I informl him. “Then he offered me a role in a music video.”

“And what did you say?”
“I gave him my number and told him to call me if it was a serious offer.” I shrug. “But honestly that 30 minutes of talking to him and the bassist was the highlight of my day. I got talked to like a normal person and not the kid sister of Skeet Ulrich. It was actually nice.”

“So if it’s a serious offer, what would you do?” Skeet asks. “You remember why you left L.A in the first place. Don’t you think doing a music video and being around guys in a band is gonna bring all those urges back?”

“I’ve been clean and sober for 4 ½ years, Skeet.” I assure my brother.

“You smoke weed.” Matthew points out.

I roll my eyes, “fine I’m Cali sober. But still if it’s a true offer, I might as well take it. How often will I get asked to be in a music video for one of my favorite bands?”

“Just please be careful, Indy.” My brother urges me. “I don’t want to see you fall down the rabbit hole again.”

“Don’t worry, big bro.” I smile. “I’m not that party girl anymore. I’ll be fine”

**

It’s nearing midnight when we finally are finished with breaking down all of our equipment and packing it away. All of the guys are gone, leaving me alone. I grab the last of my equipment and head out of the conference hall. I get to the parking lot and see Spencer and Justin standing there, waiting for me.

“Should I be worried that you two are going to kill me?” I smirk. “I grew up on horror movies, remember? Big brother played Billy Loomis.”

“Are you worried about us killing you?” Justin asks.

“It wouldn’t be the first time a Scream fan would try and scare me.” I admit, adjusting my bag on my shoulder. “What can I do for you boys?”

“Say yes.” Spencer smiles. “Say yes to my offer.”

“And why should I say yes?”

“Because if you were gonna say no, you wouldn’t be entertaining the idea.” Spencer looks at me, smirk forming on his lips. “Stop acting like you aren’t interested, Ulrich. Just say yes.”

“Why didn’t you just text me?” I ask him.

“Why are you prolonging the inevitable?” He counters. “I wanted to see your face when you say yes, is the answer you’re looking for.”

“So if, and I do mean if, I say yes; what will I be saying yes to?” I ask him. “Cringy music video acting? Me being the potential love interest? All of the above?”

“Say yes and you’ll find out.”

I sigh before a smile forms on my lips. “Yes. I’ll do it.” I finally answer him. “Just don’t make me regret it, please.” I give them both a smile before walking off to my car.

“I’ll call you with information later!” I hear Spencer yell at me. I briefly turn around and wave goodbye. I just hope I know what I’m getting myself into.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?