Family Secrets

Six Weeks

It’d been six weeks since Emilia had left for her training, and completed it with flying colors. Already having a job with the SWAT team in town, she took and finished up her paper work, and everything she had to do. No one knew she’d came home early. Smiling she walked out texting her dad seeing they were at the café they went when they were doing a job. Walking into the diner, she looked around spotting the group of men from the ranch. Seeing Ryan’s eyes land on her, she kept walking till she stopped at the table smirking. Seeing her dad looking up thinking she was a waitress as she grinned a little seeing his confused and shocked look.

"I thought you were still gone for your training." Lee smiled standing and hugging her. "When did you get home? Are you in for a visit or to stay?"

Returning the hug to her dad she smiled pulling back, “Home.” She smiled. “I finished early, and all.” She smiled stepping back as she looked at her dad. “Top of my class may I add.” She grinned. “The graduation thing is this weekend.” She shrugged.

"I'm so proud of you." Lee smiled hugging her close.

Returning it, Emilia smiled at her dad, “Thanks daddy.” She whispered smiling at him. “I had to stop and see you before heading home. I got an old man to surprise, cause I told him I wouldn’t be home for another four weeks.” Emilia laughed smiling at her dad. “Oh, I also told Danny the same thing too.” She giggled looking at her dad.

"That is why Danny took the out-of-town case." Lee shook his head. "He will be back tomorrow."

“Well that one backfired.” Emilia frowned looking at her dad. “Seriously I am going home though. I am worn out.” Emilia smiled waving at them.

Once she arrived at the ranch. She climbed out of the vehicle that had brought her home. Grabbing her bags, she paid the man. Walking up the walkway she heard people shouting in excitement. Looking up she saw her uncle Kayce and grandpa running towards her as she laughed. Feeling them attacking her she dropped her bags hugging them tightly, “Surprise.” Emilia smiled pulling back.

"We are so happy you are home." Kayce smiled.

“Me too.” Emilia smiled at the two men. “I hate to cut this short, I am wore out. I am going to head up to my room and crash.” She smiled kissing their cheeks.

It wasn’t long till she was inside and up in her room. Tossing the dirty laundry, she walked over to her bed. Removing her jacket and laying it at the foot. She fell onto her bed on her stomach. Laying there she let her eyes close and crashed, hard.

Sometime in the day, Emilia felt someone poking her. Groaning a little, she kept her eyes close, “Who is poking me?” Emilia whispered.

"Open your eyes and see." Danny laughed.

Rolling onto her back, Emilia rubbed her hand over her face. Opening her eyes she smiled seeing Danny there. “Hey, there’s that sexy Livestock Agent I have been dreaming about.” She grinned pulling him down onto her as she kissed his lips deeply.

"I missed you so much." Danny smiled pulling her into his arms.

“I missed you too.” She snuggled up to him kissing his lips again. “I’m home for good.” She laughed lightly. “Sorry I fibbed. I wanted to surprise you, but dad said you were on an out of town assignment.” She smiled cupping his cheek.

"I was. It wasn't that far away and I closed the case last night. I came back home early this morning."

“Guess you surprised me, instead of me surprising you.” She giggled holding onto him and sighing in content.

"I wasn't expecting you to be home. Your dad texted me that I was needed over here and then I was sent to this room." Danny laughed.

Emilia laughed shaking her head, “Of course he’d do that.” She smiled staring at him. She was thankful to be home, and thankful to be back in his arms again. Six weeks was a very long time to be away from her boyfriend and family.