Family Secrets

Unsure

Slowly creeping into the home through the backway. Emilia took and quietly tippy toed, hoping everyone was in the bed. She was supposed to have been home almost three hours ago, and she’d forgotten her phone in her room when she’d headed out with her friends. Slowly moving through the dinning area, she ended up running into the table. “Shit.” She mumbled to herself trying not to scream out.

Quickly rushing through she ended up getting out of the dinning area, only to see her dad and grandpa standing in the living area doorway. Both holding a glass of Whiskey and staring at her, as she gave them a sheepish smile. “Hi.” Emilia whispered.

"You are getting home kind of late." John smirked,

"Did you forget your phone?" Lee asked holding it up.

“Um, yes.” Emilia looked at him. “I know I am a little late, um it’s only three in the morning. I don’t have school today.” Emilia smiled sweetly. “I also can stay up instead of sleeping and do my chores.” She bartered knowing she would end up in trouble for being out so late.

"You know the rules young lady. You are grounded for the next two weeks and that includes no phone. You can go sleep until 7 and then get up and do your chores." Lee told her.

“Fine.” Emilia told him sighing. “Am I free to go?” Emilia asked him.

"Straight to your room." Lee warned her.

Rolling her eyes she turned on her heels. Heading upstairs she went down the long hall. Walking into her room she shut the door locking it. Walking over to her jointed bathroom, she did her business and stripped out of her clothes kicking them into a corner till later in the morning. Walking into her room she sighed slipping a baggy tee on as she walked to the window looking out. Frowning a little she pulled her hair into a messy bun before going to her bed. Once she’d turned all the lights off, she ended up flopping onto the bed crashing instantly.

Hearing a loud booming noise, Emilia groaned a little rubbing her eyes. Looking at her alarm clock she saw it was Seven on the dot. Knowing it was her dad on the other side of her locked door. “I’m up.” Emilia called out to her dad laying on her stomach putting the pillow over her head.

"Then you know it's time to start your chores." Lee laughed. "I have breakfast for you on the table. Come eat so we can get to work."

“Ok.” Emilia mumbled as she took and yawned closing her eyes drifting off back asleep.

Lee opened the door and walked in letting a little cold water drop on her face from the glass he held. "Wake up or I'm dumping it all on you."

Squealing a little underneath her breath, she took and wiped the water off her face. Staring up at her dad she sighed, “Daddy.” She looked at him seeing him give her a warning look.

Pushing her comforter off of her, she gets up staring at her dad. Going to get her clothes she heads into her bathroom. Getting a quick shower, she dresses herself and slips her clothes on. Heading downstairs after tying her hair into a messy bun. She walks into the dinning room seeing the food. Sitting down she rub her eyes and stretches a little. Watching her dad sit down in front of her and her grandpa at the other end. She notices her aunt and uncle not there. “Um, where’s Aunt Beth?” She looked at her dad staring at him. “Oh have you seen my glasses? I can’t find them and I can’t really see too good.” She smiled.

"Here are your glasses." Lee told her. "Your Aunt Beth and Rip had to make a trip to California but I'm not sure why. We are keeping an eye on Carter while they are gone."

“That’s weird.” Emilia told them taking her glasses slipping them on. “Much better. Those contacts are bugging me.” She pointed to her red eye.

She began eating as she finished up. Rushing out, she headed to the stables. Seeing Carter she ruffled his head laughing. He was a year younger than her. They were always picking at each other since she never seen Tate anymore. “Dude, are you crushing on that new girl?” Emilia picked at him smiling as they went about cleaning out the stalls.

"She is cute but not my type." Carter shrugged. "I heard Beth and Rip talking last night. They were arguing about something. It sounded serious. Rip seemed to think your Aunt Beth kept a huge secret from him."

Emilia looked at him, “Honestly, it wouldn’t surprise me that she did. Aunt Beth is the world worst to keep secrets from people.” Emilia frowned. “I don’t know what is going on, but daddy and grandpa are weary too.” Emilia tossed the stuff into the wheel bearer and put the fresh hay into the stalls before feeding as she stared at him.

"They know what is going on but no one will say anything. She was talking to Jamie too. Screaming at him for not helping her keep something a secret. I heard the word baby in the mix so I'm confused." Carter shrugged.

Emilia looked at him, “Baby?” She questioned seeing him nod his head. She frowned a little unsure of what was going on now. Biting on her lip she kept quiet working on her chores. Wondering what was going on.