Don't Let the Dead Bite

I'm in love with the mess we're in

Avalon’s POV

As soon as the encore is over with, I run backstage and right to my changing room to quickly get changed before going to Sound with the gang. Just as I pull my jeans up over my ass, my dressing room door opens up. Looking at the reflection in the mirror I see Eva, Patrick and Spencer walking into the room.

“Don’t you bitches knock?” I chuckle before turning towards them. Patrick looks away once he sees I’m only in my bra and jeans. Spencer is staring. “You might want to take a picture, Charnas. It’ll last longer.” I quickly catch a blush before he looks away as well. A laugh escapes my lips as I toss on a Bumpin Uglies t-shirt. “So are you rushing me to get the fuck out of here?”

“You know how impatient the boys get.” Eva smiles. “It doesn’t matter if you literally just got off stage from a concert. The concert was amazing by the way.”

“Stop fluffing my ego.” I snort before looking at the two men that are still not making eye contact. “Boys, the girls are put away.” I laugh at them. “You can look me in the eyes again.” Spencer is the first to look and he looks me up and down. “Again, pictures will last longer.”

“Your fashion sense is all over the place.’ He notes. “It’s weird.”

‘I grew up in L.A.” I shrug. “You should have seen me in high school. That was a trip.”

“Stoner kid?” Patrick asks.

“Worse.” I reply. “A cheerleader!” Both Patrick and Spencer look at me in utter shock while Eva just laughs. “Didn’t expect that, did you?”

“What the hell happened to you then?” Patrick questions.

“Hollywood Undead happened.” I laugh. “No but seriously, I found weed and the alt scene and never looked back. Besides I didn’t even fit into the preppy scene anyway. I loved horror movies way too much. All my other friends were rom-coms and crying over The Notebook.”

“You’ve cried over The Notebook.” Eva reminds me, earning an eye roll.

“Just because I prefer horror movies doesn’t mean I don’t like a good romance once in a blue moon.” I explain to her. “I may have an almost frozen heart but it still beats and still gets melty when watching the ending of that god forsaken movie.”

Just then, Danny and Dylan walk into the room. “Are you guys ready?” Danny asks. “We’re heading to Sound.”

“You guys can wait for me outside.” I tell them. “I just have to put my boots on and I’ll be right there.” I smile before ushering everyone out of the room. The only one that stays behind is Spencer. “You don’t have to wait for me here.” I tell him. “I’m a big girl and can find you guys outside.”

“If it’s alright with you, I would rather stay here.” He laughs. “Being third wheel is getting old.”

I let out a chuckle as I plop down on a chair. “Trust me, I know. Especially when it’s Eva and Patrick. It feels like I’m always in the way.”

“Finally someone that gets it!” He laughs. “So you know Eva is trying to hook us up, right?”

“She means well.” I tell him. “But I told her I don’t date members of any metalcore band and I’m not interested in love.”

“And yet she’s still pushing.” He muses, taking a seat in front of me. “What are we gonna do about her? She’s gonna push the whole tour. You and I both know it.”

I bite my bottom lip in thought. Then a smile appears on my lips. “What if we act as if we are playing right into her hand?”

“You mean, fake a relationship?” He questions. “That’s risky.”

“True but it’ll get Eva off our back for the tour.” I shrug. “What’s the worst that could happen?”

“Famous last words.”

I can’t help but to smile. “You sound like me. I said the same thing when Eva asked me that question when it came to dating you.”

“So we’re gonna fake a relationship, huh?” He muses. “You know we’re gonna have to kiss and cuddle and shit like that.”

“You’re acting as if us kissing is such a horrible thing.” I smirk. “There are worse people I could be kissing; kissing you wouldn’t be so bad.”

“You’re right, kissing you wouldn’t be so bad.” He smiles. “So we agree; we’re gonna fake this relationship to get Eva off our backs.”

“Yep! And once the tour is over we can go back to being friends whatever.” I state. “There is no way this can end in disaster..”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?