Moonrise.

Hold your breath and think of me, Love on fire with gasoline.

“Finally Helena and Justin time!” I exclaim as Justin and I go on our weekly brunch date. “No one else but us; the way it should be.”

“Chris strongarmed me, sorry.” Justin laughs, apologizing. “So how much is Spencer annoying you? You know you can always head over to the Motionless in White bus if he pisses you off enough.”

“I do love picking on Chris and Ricky.” I laugh. ”But honestly he’s not as annoying as usual, which is weird. He might be dying.”

Justin laughs. “So how did your date go with Ricky? Do I have to do the typical “hurt my girl, I’ll kill you” speech. Or has Spencer done that?”

“I’m sure Spencer threatened to make Ricky the inspiration for Ice Nine Kills next album if he dares hurt me.” I reply. “The first date was amazing. We walked around shops and ended the date with some tarot reading and Chinese food; it was perfect. He remembered things I only told him in passing years ago. He remembered how much I love antique shopping and reading tarot. No other boyfriend has done these things with me.”

“Have you slept with him yet?”

“No and he’s not pushing for it.” I tell him. “We’ve kissed and made out a little this last week but nothing major. Sure it could be because we’ve been living on a bus but still. I’ve had boys push hard for me to sleep with them on the first date. Ricky isn’t like that; it’s refreshing.”

“It sounds like you’re finally getting what you’ve wanted for the last five years.” Justin smiles. “You’re finally getting the good guy that isn’t pushy, isn’t afraid of your Warped Tour stories and has managed to get to know your best friend and not run away screaming.”

“I know I shouldn’t but I can’t help but to wonder when the other shoe is gonna drop.” I sigh. “Like I’m finally getting everything I’ve wanted and I can’t help but to feel paranoid that something bad is gonna happen.”

“Stop it!” Justin warns. “You need to stop self-sabotaging yourself even before you start. Things aren’t gonna go bad. Ricky really is a good guy. And again, you have Spencer as a best friend. That’s enough incentive not to break your heart.”

“Some people have “scary dog privilege”; not me. I have “scary best friend privilege”.” I laugh. “I haven’t been this happy in awhile. It’s normal to be scared that things will end poorly.”

“Don’t be scared, please. Consult the cards, they’ll tell you everything you need to know.” He smiles. “But I’m sure you’ve already done that, right?”

“Yea,” I smile. “And according to the cards, we’re a match made in heaven.”

“And the cards don’t lie, right?”

“Right, the cards don’t lie…”

**

“Alright, you guys asked for it so you shall receive.” Ricky says into his phone’s camera before sitting down next to me. “Here is Helena, our lovely beautiful photographer. You can clearly see she’s working on stuff. She has her iPad out. So what are you doing?”

“Are you filming me for your live?” I smirk, looking up from a tattoo design. “I’m working on a tattoo design for a client back home.” I reply.

“Fans have a few questions for you, is that okay?” Ricky asks. I nod my head. “Okay the first question is, if the devil was torturing you, what song would he use?”

“TipToe Through the Tulips by Tiny Tim.” I instantly reply, shocking Ricky with how fast I answered. “The song gives me the creeps, even before it was featured on Insidious.”

“Seriously?” Ricky laughs. “Don’t tell me Spencer knows this.”

“Oh he does and has used this against me though.” I laugh.

“Guilty pleasure song?”

“In the End by Backstreet Boys, N* Sync, 98 Degrees and O-town.” I reply. “It was the theme song for a very cheesy zombie western written by Nick Carter.”

“Zombie Western?” Ricky questions. “Please tell me you know where to find this movie so we can watch it? I’ve never seen the movie before. I didn’t know something like this existed.”

I chuckle. “It’s called Dead 7 and I think it’s on Prime. It premiered on the SyFy channel on April 1st a couple years ago. Like the movie is so fucking stupid but it has two of my favorite things in it; Zombies and boy bands.”

“We are watching tonight, by the way.” Ricky states. “I’m calling date night’s gonna be a movie night.”

“Works for me.” I smile. “Any more questions?”

He looks at the screen and starts laughing. “Someone is asking for our personal phone numbers.”

“You guys aren’t getting that.” I tell the fans. “Because that opens the line of communication and trust me, you don’t want to talk to these guys; especially through text messages. I’ve gotten the craziest text messages from the men of Ice Nine Kills; especially Spencer and oddly enough Joe. Spencer is just weird in general but I’m sure Joe was high off his ass when he sent me weird text messages.”

“I’ve sent you weird text messages?” Ricky raises his eyebrow at me. “When?”

“You were sloshed when that happened.” I laugh. “And it was weird text messages, just weird pictures of you and Patrick.”

“I’m suddenly worried,” Ricky laughs. “Because I remember shit.”

“Don’t worry, the pictures are safe with me.” I shoot him a smirk before looking at his camera. “But I can be bought, guys.” I wink at the camera before going back to my design.

“Yea, I’m gonna leave Hells alone now before she sees everything you guys are offering her.” Ricky laughs. “I’m actually gonna end this live so Helena and I can get date night started.” He ends the live and immediately puts down his phone.

“What were they offering me?” I ask, laughing.

“You don’t want to know.” He chuckles. “It was a lot of souls and Squishmallows, whatever those are.”

“I have no use for souls but I’ll sell a drunk picture of you and Patrick kissing for a Squishmallow.” I laugh, looking at the look of pure horror on Ricky’s face. I lean over and place a kiss on his lips. “Don’t worry, I’m kidding. The picture is safe with me, don’t worry.”

“How about we grab some snacks and head to my bunk so we can watch that zombie western movie?” Ricky asks, as he begins to play with my fingers. “I’m intrigued by it.”

“Don’t get your hopes up too much.” I power down my iPad. “It’s a shitty movie. But honestly, I didn’t have the highest of hopes; it is a zombie western afterall.”

He kisses my temple before getting up. I watch him walk to his bunk, smiling. He really is something special… he’s about to watch a shitty movie for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: In the End by Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, 98 Degrees and O-Town.

Seriously Dead 7 sucked and I'll only watch it because of boybands. In The End is such a good song though.