Moonrise.

Going down the drain tonight

March 16th, 2022

We’re currently on the bus heading to the venue. I’m sitting on the floor with my laptop in my lap and Spencer hanging over me, looking at whatever picture I was editing to put on my tattoo studio’s website. I turn my head, glaring at Spencer a second before licking his cheek. This causes the lead singer to jump away from me, wiping off the saliva on his face. Smiling in victory, I go back to editing.

“Hells, I’ve got a stupid question.” Joe says, causing me to lift my head and look at the bass player. “Why the hell are you friends with Spencer?”

I laugh, causing Spencer to smack me in the shoulder. “Our dads have been friends since high school. I honestly had no choice in this matter. We’ve always been in each other’s lives for so long. He’s like a bad rash that won’t go away.”

“You’re a fucking bitch.” Spencer chuckles. ”But pretty accurate.”

“Like I know Nadia loves Helena,” Ricky starts to say, causing my best friend’s fiancee to start playing with my hair. I can’t help but to chuckle before swatting her away. “Has any of your boyfriends liked Spencer?”

“Oh sweet Ricky, that’s cute.” I laugh. “But no, all my boyfriend HATED Spencer. Like none of them ever accepted our friendship and all the weird shit we do. I’ve actually broken up with a few of them because they made me pick between them or him.”

“You never told me that.” Spencer says. “You’ve seriously broken up with people because of me?”

“Bros before hoes.” I shrug. “If a guy can’t accept the fact I have a best friend that’s a guy, they weren’t meant to be. They always assume that we’ve hooked up or some shit; which is disgusting to even think about.”

“Thanks alot.” Spencer scoffs. “Love you too, bitch.”

“Please you can’t tell me that the thought of us hooking up didn’t make your skin crawl.” I counter him. Spencer looks at me, deep in thought and within 10 seconds, he shudders. Everyone, including myself and Nadia, laugh at him. “See? Not a pretty thought.”

“Why did those guys think we hooked up?” He questions, disgusted. “It’d be like fucking my sister.”

“Right!?” I agree, laughing. “Can’t a guy and a girl be friends and not be fucking?”

“In an ideal world, sure.” Ricky states. “I mean you’re friends with us and it’s like you want to have sex with us.”

Sex with you? Yes. Sex with Spencer, Joe, Patrick and Chris or Dan? Fuck no.

“But we don’t live in an ideal world, Rick.” Joe states. “And sadly until we do, people like Helena are gonna be sadly accused of sleeping with their best friends.”

“The idea of sleeping with Spencer gives me nightmares.” I laugh, causing Spencer to glare at me.

“I’ll still sleep with you, don’t worry babe.” Nadia laughs before kissing Spencer.

“This girl is a damn saint.” I laugh. “Doing God's work so the rest of us don’t have to.”

“You’re a fucking bitch, Crowely.” Spencer tosses a pillow at me, hitting me directly in the face. I throw it back before jumping up and immediately running towards the bunk with Spencer on my tail.

“And we’re gonna have to deal with this the whole damn tour!” Patrick shouts.

**

Later that night, I couldn’t sleep so I got out of the bunk and headed back to the main area. Once there, I see Ricky sitting there on his laptop with headphones on and a beer in front of him. I sit down next to him, causing him to stop what he’s doing and take off his headphones.

“Couldn’t sleep either, huh?” Ricky asks, closing his laptop.

“I’ll never get used to sleeping in a bunk on a moving bus.” I laugh, before yawning. “Being claustrophobic sucks.”

“Then why have you agreed to go on tour with us countless times?” He asks. “It can’t just be because of Spencer.”

“At first it was because of him and our friendship.” I start. “Then it ended up because I got to travel, be with my best friends, and make more friends. Yes I will complain about the bunks and having to deal with smelly boys, but in the end it’s worth it.”

“I have no idea how you’ve managed to not kill Spencer because of the shit he’s put you through when it comes to the band.”

“I’m just glad we aren’t touring in vans like the early days.” I chuckle. “So any reason you’re not sleeping?” He just shrugs. “Come on, what’s got you up?”

‘Just can’t sleep.” He shrugs again. “I figured I’d go through some emails and edit a few things until I got tired.”

“How long have you been out here?”

He looks at his phone and his eyes widen. “Three hours. Fuck.” I chuckle as he closes his laptop and takes his headphones off completely. “Well that backfired.”

“So now what?” I ask him as I pull my feet up onto the bench. “How are we going to pass the time now?”

“We could just talk.” He suggests. “I’ve known you for years and I don’t think we’ve ever had a moment when it was just the two of us.”

“Oh so you want to get the dirt on me, huh?” I smirk. “Ask whatever you want. I’m an open book.”

“So we’ve established you’ve never had sex with Spencer,” Ricky starts, causing me to make a funny face before laughing. “Have you ever slept with any former members of Ice Nine Kills?”

“Any reason you’re asking this? I ask him. He just shrugs. “No, I’ve never hooked up with members of Ice Nine Kills. I always felt like bandmates are off limits. It would be like hooking up with your brother’s friends.”

“Makes sense.” He nods. “But even a kid sister has a crush on her brother’s friends. You’re telling me you’ve never had a crush on any of his former bandmates?”

“Why do I have a feeling you’re asking about my relationship with Justin Morrow?” I laugh. “Justin and I are just friends and have always been that way. My love for him is similar to my love with Spencer. But yes, I’ve had a slight crush on a member of Ice Nine Kills.”

“And you’re gonna leave it at that?” He asks, laughing. “Don’t leave me hanging, Hells.”

I lean over and kiss his cheek. “You’ll have to guess, I’m not gonna give up that information easily. Now why are you suddenly interested in all of this?”

“Just making conversation.” He shrugs before yawning.

“Tired now?”

“I guess so.” He lazily smiles before kissing my cheek. “See you tomorrow, Hells.” He gets up and leaves me there by myself. I grab a pillow and lay out on the bench. I wonder what has gotten into him…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?