Moonrise.

You come and go in waves. Leaving me in your wake

Helena’s POV

I watch as Spencer and Ricky are talking to each other. Both of them look over at me ever so often. I feel someone walk up to me. I turn to my left and see Nadia and Haven standing there. “Do you know what’s going on and why they're looking at me?” I ask, the question pointed mainly to Nadia.

She shrugs. “No idea. Maybe it’s a band thing?”

“Explain why they’re staring at me.” I sigh. “If it was band shit, they wouldn’t be looking at me.”

“Maybe Spencer is picking up on Ricky’s adorable crush on you.” Haven smirks. “Seriously, go for it. You guys would be cute as fuck together. I don’t understand why you haven’t gone after him. You’re never afraid to make a move.”

“The reason why I haven’t made a move is talking to Ricky.” I explain, continuing to watch them talking. “I should go after what I want, right? I mean Spencer started dating my friend without really asking me. Why can’t I do the same thing?”

“That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you all day!?” Nadia throws her hands up. “Seriously, Hells. Go for it. Or Haven and I’ll force your hand. And you don’t want us to do that.” I roll my eyes just as Shevy comes in, announcing the fifteen minute warning.

“Showtime!” I turn to the girls as I pick up my camera and extra batteries. “I’ll be by the barricade if you need me.” I walk away from them and right by Spencer and Ricky. I shoot them both a smile before attempting to walk away. Spencer grabs a hold of my arm stopping me from walking anyway further. I turn around and see him staring me up and down with Ricky staring at him. “What gives, Charnas? You’re not pulling this shit again, are you? I’m 30, you have no control over what I wear. My own parents haven’t had control since I was 15. And this outfit isn’t even bad!” I’m wearing a black tank top under a sweater, black skinny jeans with high platform boots.

“You’re gonna kill yourself with those boots.” Spencer points out.

“Thanks for the concern, Spencer, but I’ve worn worse boots while in the crowd at a Slipknot concert. I’ll be fine behind the barricade with security surrounding me.” I kiss his cheek. “I’m a big girl, believe it or not. But I do appreciate your constant worrying about me.” I begin to walk away but I hear Ricky calling my name. I stop again and look at him.

“What no kiss for me?” He asks, a smirk on his lips. I snort before walking back and giving him a kiss on a cheek as well. My lips linger on his cheek longer. I pull back and he has a shit-eating grin on his lips.

“Break a leg, boys.” I tell them before finally leaving the dressing room.

**

Ricky’s POV

We watch as Helena walks out of ear shot before Spencer turns back to me. “Ask her out already! Or I’ll force your hand. And trust me, you don’t want that. I’ll make an ass out of you.”

“Shouldn’t you be against your bandmates going after a girl you consider a sister?” I counter him.

“If it was any other bandmate, I would be against it. But for some reason I trust you not to break her heart.” He replies. “But so help me God, if you do hurt her, they won’t find your body. I’ll make Ice Nine Kills’ next album all your death to hide my tracks. That way people think I’m joking.”

“Deep down, I know you’re joking and all but I know you and I know that isn’t a joke.” Spencer smirks as we walk out of the dressing room and towards the stage.

Taking a peek behind the curtain I see Helena down by the barricade. A few fans are taking pictures with her. She’s always been a constant in Spencer and Ice Nine Kills lives. She’s been there for Ice Nine Kills since forever. She’s been a merch girl, photographer, I think manager and tour manager at one point. It’s nice to see fans appreciate that. I’m pretty sure if it wasn’t for Helena, Spencer would have given up a long time ago.

“You’re staring.” A voice behind me states. I turn around and see Nadia standing there with Haven. “Both of you are complete idiots.”

“What are you talking about Nadia?” I question her.

“You and Helena are both idiots.” She repeats herself. “I don’t understand how you two can’t see it.”

“See what?”

“You’re smitten with each other.” She smiles. “It’s time that both of you stop using Spencer as an excuse and just get together already.”

“You guys would be cute together.” Haven adds. “You guys just gotta admit it to each other.”

“Hells has feelings for me?”

Both girls look at each other before turning back to me smiling. They don’t say anything else and just walk away. I take another look at the crowd before learning our intro stop playing. Right on cue, I walk out on stage and hear the roar of the fans. I look down at the barricade and my eyes instantly meet Helena’s. She just smiles at me before taking my picture. I nearly miss my cue to start playing, causing the brunette to laugh. Our eyes linger a little more before she goes off to start taking pictures of Spencer and Joe. I chuckle to myself and continue playing.

There is no way she has feelings for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter title credit: The Death of Peace of Mind by Bad Omens

comment&subscribe?