The American Nightmare

Your boyfriend seems like a good catch

FWD 1 week

“Alright boss lady, whatcha cooking for this meeting?” Chad, my friend since I was 13 and my future brewmaster, asks. “If this was normal Final Girls business I wouldn’t be here. So this must mean you have ideas for the brewery.”

“You’re correct this is a brewery business meeting.” I inform him. “And to answer your first question; Sweet and Sour Tofu with Ramen.”

“I see hanging out with Vegans has changed you.” Chad laughs, causing me to roll my eyes

“She’s always eaten tofu.” Nico laughs. “Her boyfriend being a Vegan hasn’t changed her that much.”

“How many members of INK are Vegans?”

“Just Patrick and Joe, I think,” I reply with a shrug. “Spencer would die if he wouldn’t be able to eat his precious sandwich from Nick’s” I laugh before continuing cooking. “So the business side of today’s dinner, location of the brewery.”

“Have you found a building here in town?” Chad asks. “Because I talked with zoning, they aren’t gonna allow us to turn the pub into a micro brewery and it still functions as a bar as well. A lot of coding issues that’ll need to be fixed before that could happen.”

“Would either of you be willing to relocate to another state?” I ask, biting my lower lip. Nico’s eyes are on me, kinda knowing where I might be thinking of.

“Depends on where.” Chad replies. “I’m not moving to L.A, if that’s where you are thinking about locating. I don’t do L.A.”

“Oh fuck no.” I snort. “I’m not following big brother out to Cali.”

“Dammit.” Nico laughs. “I was hoping that’s where you were going with this. But since it’s not L.A, I have a feeling you’ve decided on a different location.”

“I’ve done some major thinking and yes I’ve decided on a location.” I sigh. “What are your thoughts on Buffalo, New York?” Chad’s eyes widen and Nico gives me a smirk. “I’ve thought about it and decided it would be a logical location for the brewery. In the last year, I’ve been spending several weekends there. And now that Patrick and I are officially out to family and friends, I’ll be spending more time there.”

“Fuck yea!” Chad exclaims. “I’d move there, hands down. I have a bunch of family that lives there. I’ve been wanting to move there but never had a reason. Miley, doesn't want to move unless we have a good reason.”

“Being the brewmaster of a brewery that’s being opened by a girl you dated in Junior high is a good enough reason?” Nico smirks, causing me both of us to roll our eyes. “I’m honestly surprised Miley still lets you hang out with us.”

“She knows Henley and I don’t have feelings for each other.” Chad shrugs. “Plus she’s seen Henley’s boyfriend, she knows there is no way she’s leaving Patrick for me.” I snort, causing Chad to glare at me.

“Have you mentioned the location of the brewery to Patrick yet?” Nico questions. “Doesn’t he have a bar up there? Wouldn’t that be a competition?”

“That brings up my next topic of discussion..” I sigh. “I’m thinking about asking Patrick to be another owner, a silent owner.”

“Like Spencer is the silent owner of Final Girls?” Chad asks, earning a nod. “That would be cool, have you asked him?”

“Not yet. He doesn’t even know about me potentially opening a second location in Buffalo.” I sigh. “I don’t want him to think that I’m rushing our relationship. I mean we’ve only been dating 10 months at this point. Is that serious enough to open a second location of my love child in his hometown? And then ask him if he wants to be a silent owner?”

“You must really love him,” Nico smiles. “You’re never like this over any guy.”

“The last guy she was serious about nearly killed her and then was almost nearly killed by Spencer.”

“Got a few scars and a badass Medusa tattoo from that.” I laugh. “This isn’t even a sure thing yet. I haven’t even looked at the properties up there.”

“When are you going to be in Buffalo next?” Chad asks.

“Patrick gets off tour and is gonna be on break for a month before heading out on a European tour. I plan on practically living with him for that month.” I reply. “I planned on looking for properties at that time. Maybe even get his input. He knows the service industry up there like the back of his hand. He’s been a bartender at a couple places up there even before The BarKeep opened up.”

“What do you think his reaction would be?” Nico asks.

“Hopefully positive.” I let out a nervous chuckle. “Having the second location in Buffalo is logical, right? More logical than moving it out to L.A.”

“I’d rather it be in L.A.” Nico laughs. “I agree with your brother, Salem is too fucking cold.”

“If Buffalo works out, maybe we can try L.A.” I offer, laughing. “But let’s figure out the brewery location first before we set anything in stone.”

“Agreed.” Chad states. “Go up there, scout locations and then we can talk about opening up that second location.”

I just let out a sigh. I really hope Patrick is okay with me possibly having a second location in Buffalo…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?