The American Nightmare

Cause I know what happens when we all get together

A groan escapes my lips as I bury my face into my pillow as I hear some Dirty Heads song blaring from my living room. Soon I hear my bedroom door quickly and quietly open up and shut again. I then feel someone sitting on the edge of my bed. I feel a hand on the small of my back and I feel someone leaning down and placing a kiss on my neck. A chuckle escapes my lips before I roll over and see who is sitting on the edge of my bed.

“You’re getting ballsy, Galante.” I smile. “I’m assuming big brother is out in the living room. And here you are, kissing my neck and trying to wake me up.”

“Spencer is making mimosas, so he’s distracted.” Patrick smiles before leaning down and giving me a proper kiss. “He’s a shitty bartender.”

“Not everyone is as amazing as we are.” I smile before sitting up in bed. Patrick’s eyes instantly go to my shirt, a smirk appears once he realizes I’m wearing an Affiance t-shirt. “Eyes up here, Patrick.” I motion to my face.

“I can stare if I want.” He smirks. “What are you going to do about it?”

Before I can say anything, the sound of shattering glass comes from the living room. I pinch the bridge of my nose before throwing back the covers and getting out of bed. “I swear to God, that better not have been the crystal glassware Nico bought me when I moved into this place.”

“Who do you think you’re gonna have to kill?” Patrick laughs

“If I kill Joe, do you think we can get Justin to come back to Ice Nine Kills?” I question Patrick.

“You’re probably gonna have to pry Justin from Chris’ cold dead hands.” Patrick laughs.

A sinister smirk appears on my lips. “That could be arranged.” Patrick laughs as we make our way out into the living room. I get out there and see Spencer and Joe cleaning up the exact crystal set I had hoped didn’t get damaged. “Those were a housewarming gift, by the way.” I say, announcing my presence. All eyes are glued on me. “What the fuck were you even trying to do?”

“Spencer and Joe were trying to do some tricks.” Ricky replies, quickly earning two sets of glares from Spencer and Joe. Ricky just throws his hands up in defense. “Sorry, Henley scares me more than the two of you combined.”

“Smart boy.” I blow Ricky a kiss. “Spencer, you make music, I tend bar. Don’t fuck up our dynamatic, got it? You’re the rockstar, I’m the bartender; you’re both disappointments just in different forms.”

“We really did go to college for no reason, huh?” Spencer muses before chuckling.

“My journalism major is collecting some major dust.” I laugh. “Thank God bartending throughout college helped me not collect any debt.”

“At least we can be disappointments together.” Spencer laughs.

“We’re semi successful and not living at home with mom and dad.,” I snort. “I am, however, disappointed that you and this idiot,” I motion to Joe, “destroyed my nice crystal set while performing tricks while making mimosas. If you’re gonna do tricks it better be involving a whiskey or tequila bottle not champagne and champagne glasses.”

“Yea, yea, yea, whatever you say.” Spencer waves in my direction. “But not that you’re up, want to play bartender and make us mimosas?” He asks. “Mine were shitty.”

“He put way too much orange juice in it.” Dan adds. “Save us, Henley?”

I roll my eyes. “You boys are just so fucking lucky I love you.”

**

“Hey Charnas, I have a question.” Nico says as we begin to open up the pub. “How long have you and Patrick been sneaking behind Spencer’s back?” I stop dead in my tracks as soon as the question left his lips. “Don’t worry, it’s not overly obvious. But I’ve known you since we were kids, you can’t really hide things from me. I’m honestly surprised you didn’t tell me.”

“About a year.” I reply, sighing. “Look, both of us are extremely worried about how Spencer will react so we’ve been keeping it a secret. It’s easier this way.”

“Why are you so worried about how Spencer will react?” Nico questions. “Yes, he’s protective of you. But he’s not gonna stand in your way when it comes to happiness. Does Patrick make you happy?”

I can’t help the smile appearing on my lips. “He does; a lot.”

“Spencer, isn’t gonna fuck that up for you; I promise you that.”

“I’d also be dating one of his closest friends and band mate.” I remind Nico.

“Is his current girlfriend the sister of a former band mate?” Nico counters, smirking. “He’d be a fucking hypocrite. For the sake of your happiness, just tell your brother. You and Patrick are the perfect fit.”

“I hate when you’re this wise.” I laugh. “I’ll talk to Patrick about this. Because you’re right. He started dating Demi right before Justin left.”

“You deserve to be happy with your boyfriend publicly; not just behind closed doors.”

“Sneaking around is so fun though.” I laugh. “It’s really fucking hot.”

“You’re a disaster.” Nico laughs. “A beautiful, beautiful disaster…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?