Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

Shut up and put your money where your mouth is

“Lucy, I’m home!” I announce myself, using my best Ricky Ricardo impression, as I enter the Los Angeles apartment owned by my best friend and frontman of Ice Nine Kills, Spencer Charnas. Spencer walks out of his bedroom, only a towel wrapped around his waist. The towel is hanging dangerously low.

“What do you want, Daniels?” He asks, clearly annoyed by my presence in his apartment.

“What got your panties in a twist Spencey-poo?” I chuckle as I walk over to his fridge and grab a beer from inside. “I come bearing great news.” I open the beer and take a large swig. “Me, you and your lovely bandmates and crew have plans this weekend.”

“Kodiak, we're in the middle of rehearsals for our upcoming tour.” He rolls his eyes. “Those are our plans.”

“It’s not every day you get Ricky and Patrick on the west coast and I’m going to take advantage of that.” I roll my eyes. “You’re clearly too busy to know what day is coming up and I’m not gonna lie; I’m a little heartbroken, Charnas.”

Spencer just stares at me. Then his face softens with realization; he forgot my birthday is this weekend. “Oh my god, I’m so fucking sorry Kodiak.”

I wave him off. “It’s fine, you’ll make it up to me. And I know exactly how you can make it up to me.” A smirk dances across my full lips, earning a groan from the lead singer. “Vegas baby!” I bounce over to my best friend. “Come on Spencer, it’ll be fun. What better way to celebrate my 32nd birthday than by getting shitfaced in the greatest city in the world!”

Spencer pinches the bridge of his nose; something he does often when it comes to my ideas. He may hate them but in the end, he always says yes. “I hate you so much, Daniels.”

I kiss his cheeks. “Come on, what’s the worst that could happen?” I smirk, nudging him with my elbow.

“Famous. Last. Words…” He rolls his eyes before laughing…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?