Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

I'm counting on beauty to kill off the beast

ONE WEEK LATER

As I’m making dinner, I hear my laptop going off. Stepping away from the counter, I head over to the kitchen table to answer the call. Once it’s answered, I see Patrick’s smiling face. I instantly smile as I sit down at the table. “Hey Sexy, how’s Europe?”

He groans. “Your husband is so annoying when he’s tired and suffering from jet lag.”

“What’s he doing?” I chuckle before picking up the laptop to bring it closer to my work station. “And how am I supposed to help you guys out while I’m in L.A?”

“I think he misses you.” Patrick states with a smile. “He’s all mopey and shit. I’ve never seen him like this before; it’s kinda weird.”

“It doesn’t mean he misses his soon to be ex-wife.” I roll my eyes. “Speaking of which, my lawyer drew up some annulment papers! Soon Vegas will just be a drunken memory.”

“Why are you pushing the annulment so hard?” He questions me, causing me to sigh. “Is being married to Spencer that horrible? He’s your best friend, that would be a marriage made in heaven. Or you know Hell since this is Spencer we’re talking about.”

I chuckle. “Should I be talking about how I feel about Spencer to you?” I ask him. “We haven’t had the most conventional friendship.”

“We make out, had sex once and have a marriage pact.” He laughs. “But yea, we can talk about this.” I sigh. “Kodiak, be honest. Do you have feelings for Spencer?”

“Unfortunately, yea I have feelings for him.” I reply, sighing again. “I have had them for a while. And that’s the reason why I have to get this marriage annulled. I can’t be in a marriage that’s one sided.”

“How do you know it’s one sided?” He asks. “Maybe Spencer has feelings for you too. Maybe he’s afraid to tell you he actually has feelings.”

“I highly doubt he has feelings for me.” I scoff. “Not with what he said to me when we found out we were married.”

“What did he say?”

“I’m the last person he’d marry.” I reply. “That hurt. Yes he apologized for saying that but it still hurts. If he had feelings for me, he wouldn’t have said that. No matter what. No apology can make that go away.”

Patrick frowns, looking conflicted. “I’m sorry babes. He really shouldn’t have said that. Maybe he said it because he was in shock?”

“Are you seriously defending him right now?” I ask, feeling betrayed. “He hurt me and you’re sitting here defending our marriage wanting me to stay married to him. What gives, Galante?”

“I’m trying to save a potentially good relationship.” He sighs. “Spencer might actually love you more than you realize, Kodi.”

I force a smile on my lips. “That’s sweet, Pat. But there is no need for that. I’m perfectly fine being in Spencer’s friend circle. I know he doesn’t love me anymore than just a friend and I’ve accepted that many years ago.”

“So you’re still pushing for the annulment?”

“Yea, I’m still pushing for it.” I reply. “In fact, I’m gonna give him the papers as a birthday present along with a couple sexy horror movie themed pictures.”

“What!?”

“If he wants this marriage over with, he’s gonna get it.” I chuckle. “I just need to know where y’all are gonna be for his birthday.”

Patrick sighs, knowing it’ll be useless to fight with me. “I’ll talk to our tour manager and text you the answer. Are you sure you want to do this?”

“If I want to keep my heart intact, I’m gonna have to do this.” I sigh. “I can’t lose both my heart and my best friend. I’ve got to protect my heart so I can keep my best friend…”

“As soon as I find out the location, I’ll text you.” Patrick forces a smile on his lips. “I can’t wait to see you. You sleeping in my bunk with me? Or are you bunking with your future ex-husband?”

“I’ll decide on the way there.” I smile. “Bye, my love.”

“Love ya, Kodi.”

**

Patrick Galante’s POV

I walk out of the bunk area and straight to where Spencer and Ricky are sitting. Both of them look up at me. I walk closer to Spencer and slap him upside his head. “Are you a fucking idiot!?”

He glares at me as he rubs his head. “What the fuck was that for?”

“You told Kodi she’s the last person you’d marry!?” I yell. “You do realize she’s only pushing the annulment because she thinks you want this!”

“What are you talking about?”

“Dude, she fucking loves you.” I tell him. “She only wants this damn annulment because she thinks you want it. She wouldn’t be pushing it if you didn’t tell her she’s the last person you’d marry.”

“You said what!?” Ricky exclaims, shooting Spencer a glare. “Are you fucking nuts? You’d be lucky to be married to her!”

“I know and I told her that when I apologized for saying that.” Spencer sighs. “She thinks I want this annulment?”

“It’s the only reason why she’s pushing it.” I answer him. “So what are you gonna do, dude?”

Spencer runs his fingers through his hair as he sighs. “I have no fucking clue.”

“She plans to surprise you for your birthday.” I tell him. “She plans on surprising you with the papers along with some sexy horror themed pictures. She’s flying out for your birthday.”

“She’s coming out for my birthday?” Spencer repeats.

“Bitch, never flew out for my birthday.” Ricky mutters.

“Really?” I laugh. “She flew out for mine.”

“So what’s your game plan, dude?” Ricky asks Spencer. “You just found out the reason why your best friend wants to annul the marriage; how are you gonna fix it?”

“I have no idea.” Spencer sighs. “I’m in shock. She actually loves me?”

“Apparently she has for some time. “I tell him. “She says she can’t be in a one sided marriage. That’s why she wants to annul it. She doesn’t realize you’re in love with her.”

“If you want this marriage to work, you’re gonna pull something amazing out of your ass.” Ricky tells him and I agree.

He looks between the two of us. “Will you guys help me?”

“Why us and not Cole?” Ricky laughs. “She’d be a bigger help.”

“I know Kodi told her what I said, she’ll never help me out.” Spencer sighs. “Plus I need this to be kept a secret and Cole tells Kodi almost everything. So will you guys help me out?”

I smile. “Yea, anything for Kodi’s happiness…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?