Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

I know it's strange, we're both the crazy kind

Spencer’s POV; November 14th

I wake up and see Kodiak still sleeping next to me. I roll over and check my phone. I have countless calls and text messages from my parents, sister, grandmother and friends. I open up Instagram and the first notification was Kodiak tagging me in a birthday post. All the pictures she used in this post are of her kissing my cheek. This was our yearly tradition. She always uses pictures from birthdays past. This year, however, the last picture she took was a picture of her gently kissing my lips, her left hand on my chin, showing off the dainty wedding band. Her caption, like every year, has nothing to do with my birthday. Her caption this year is Face of an Angel, Mind of a Killer. Love ya @spencerink #hbd. I heart the post, smiling, before I lock my phone and roll over. Kodi is still sleeping, her back is towards me. I move over closer, wrapping her arms around her waist, pulling up against my body. She murmurs in her sleep, causing me to chuckle. She’s so fucking cute when she’s asleep. I continue to stare at her before nuzzling my face into her neck, placing gentle kisses on her neck.

“Those kisses better go lower or waking me up early isn’t gonna end well for you.” Kodi mutters, causing me to chuckle.

“Good morning, baby.” I kiss her cheek. She rolls over in my arms, wrapping her arms. I place another kiss on her lips.

“Happy birthday.” She says dreamingly before kissing my lips again. “How does it feel being closer to 40?” I just groan, causing Kodi to laugh. “Cole is gonna be a lot worse than me.”

“I’m not looking forward to the both of you ganging up on me today.” I whine, which Kodi instantly stops with a kiss on my lips. “I hate how much power you have over me.”

“But I LOVE how much power I have over you.” She smirks. “So did you like the picture I used for this year’s kiss?”

“I did.” I wrap my arms around her and pull her closer. “Aren’t you afraid your mom is gonna find out about us and freak out?”

“She never checks my social media accounts.” She laughs. “Besides, what's she gonna do if she finds out? Kidnap me? Keep me in Georgia and not let me go back to L.A?”

“Your mom is capable of anything.” I chuckle.

“Yea but you and Cole won’t let that happen, right?”

“I’ll move heaven and earth to get you back.” I assure her with a kiss. She kisses back and gently pushes me onto the bed, not breaking the kiss. I deepen the kiss as she straddles me. “What are you doing?”

“Wishing you a happy birthday…” She smirks before kissing me passionately again.

**
Kodi’s POV

“Happy birthday, jackass!” Cole exclaims before handing him the girliest cake I ever seen with Death is closer than ever written on it. I look up at her, narrowing my eyes at her. “What? I’m not suddenly gonna be nice to him now that you guys are officially together. I’m still not happy he’s in our friend group.”

“It’s been like 13 years, get over it.” Spencer smirks. He looks at the cake suspiciously. “Hey babe?”

“Yes?”

“Can you taste the cake first?” He asks, causing me to laugh. “She wouldn’t hurt you. She’d definitely hurt me and the boys.”

“Nah, Ricky’s safe too.” I chuckle, smirking at him. “Stop being a baby and just eat your damn cake. She wouldn’t kill you with me around. It’ll fuck up her alibi. And besides, we don’t have a life insurance policy on you yet.”

“Look I know you’re joking but sometimes you scare me.”

I blow him a kiss before walking away. He can taste test his own damn cake.

**

“You’re being awfully nice to him.” I chuckle to Cole as we watch their set. “Are you dying or something?”

“It’s his birthday,” she gives me a twisted grin while looking at Spencer. I turn my head and see him not being his normal self. “I guess he did eat the cake after all.”

“What did you do, Cole?” I turn and look at my best friend. She’s just sitting there with a shit-eating grin on her face. “Seriously Cole, what did you do to him?”

“Edibles.”

I just groan.

“In my defense, he wasn’t supposed to touch the cake until AFTER the concert.” She defends herself, laughing. “I figured he wasn’t gonna touch it until you tried it first.”

“How did you even find…” I stop myself. “Nevermind, Dylan told you.” I continue to watch as Spencer performs on stage. He’s trying his hardest to keep performing as if nothing is happening. “You’re a horrible person, you know that?”

“I know..it keeps me up at night.” She smirks as she goes back to drooling over Ricky.

“I have no idea what you see in Ricky.”

“Well I have no idea what you see in Charnas.” She counters, chuckling. I just roll my eyes and go back to watching the boys rock out on stage.

**

Spence gets off the stage and immediately makes a beeline to me and Cole. “What the hell was in the cake?”

“I think you know.” She smirks.

“I had a show to perform.”

“And I didn’t think you’d try it without Kodi trying it first!” She counters. “You grew a pair, I’m almost impressed. I didn’t think you’d trust me.”

“I didn’t think you’d do something like that to your best friend’s husband.”

“Yea but this is you we’re talking about.” She smirks more. “Did you seriously think I would suddenly be nice to you now that you and Kodi are officially together.”

I feel arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I turn my head and see Patrick before going back to watching Spencer and Cole arguing.

“I think their bickering got worse.” Patrick laughs, placing his chin on my shoulder. “Was she always like this with all of your boyfriends?”

“Oddly enough, no.” I chuckle. “Her and Spencer have always been like this. She doesn’t want to admit it, but she likes him. He’s the only one, other than Jorel, that isn’t afraid of her.”

“But she does argue with Jay like she does Spencer. Why?”

“Because Jay could seriously kill someone in front of us and we’ll still fight for his innocence.” I chuckle. “Jay could do no wrong in our eyes.”

“And Spencer?”

“That boy is made of sin and bad decisions”

“And me?”

“Definitely bad decisions and a little bit of sin.”

He laughs. “Why bad decisions?”

“Patrick we hooked up extremely high and drunk on the back of the INK tour bus in 2016.” I remind him, laughing. “That’s a very bad decision.”

“But that was an amazing night.” He smirks.

“That it was, Galante.” I agree. “That night seems like such a long time ago.”

“I mean it was 7 years ago.” He chuckles. “We both were different people back then.”

“And now look at us? I’m fucking married…to Spencer Charnas..”

“It’s not gonna last.” He jokes. “You and Spencer will divorce and you’ll marry me and live happily ever after in Buffalo.”

“Keep telling yourself that, Galante. Keep telling yourself that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?