Sequel: Hangovers with You

Waking up in Vegas

Um, you wanna *** with the Mary Jane?

Our last night in Vegas wasn’t as eventful as the night before. Unless you consider me, Patrick and Joe nearly breaking our ankles after drunkenly falling off a curb eventful. I was wearing 6 inch heels, I have no idea what their excuse is.

It’s check out day and we’re all sitting in the living room, watching Scream and eating breakfast. I don’t think any of us truly want to leave this mini vacation. All of us have to go back to adult responsibilities. Ice Nine Kills is going on tour while Hollywood Undead hits the studio. Nicolette has to go back to her boring 9-5 job and I’ve got a tattoo studio to take care of before jetting off to help a friend in my hometown of Athens, Ga.

“So this weekend was eventful.” Nicolette states, turning off the movie; earning a groan from both me and Spencer. “Is this the weekend you envisioned, Kodi?”

I shrug, cuddling up against the body I’m currently leaning up against aka Patrick. “I mean other than marrying my best friend, this honestly was a typical weekend in Vegas for me. But it was exactly what I needed before temporarily moving back to Georgia for 3 months.”

“Are you excited to spend time with the fam?” Jorel asks, causing me to groan. This causes everyone in the room to laugh at me. “Why do you hate your family so much?”

“It’s my mom that’s the issue, Jay,” I snort. “I love my dad and big brothers. It’s my mom that makes going home to visit such a horrible event.”

“You and your mom are a lot alike, Kodi.” Spencer points out, smirking.

“The only thing we have in common is our love for drummers.” I roll my eyes, causing the drummer I’m leaning up against and wrap his arms completely around me. “But other than that, she’s a nightmare that hates most of my friends. You’d think for a fucking hippie she’d be more about peace and love.”

“Your mom hates me?” Jorel and Nicolette ask at the same time.

“Cole? No. Jay? Fuck yes. Spencer? The woman loathes him. His contact name in her phone is Manson. And the only reason why my dad even convinced her to have Spencer’s number is in case something bad happens to me.”

“What about your dad?” Ricky asks.

“Oh, my dad and big brothers love all of you.” I reply. “Especially you Ricky. No idea why, don’t care to know. I’m just glad they aren’t like my mother.”

“Your mom had you pretty late in life, right?” George questions. “I know there is a very significant age gap, maybe that’s why you guys don’t get along.”

“I was a menopause oops baby.” I chuckle. “But the age difference definitely is not the only reason we don’t get along. Dad says I remind her of her hippie days and how I’d blindly follow a charismatic man without question like she almost did.” I motion to Spencer. “Basically my mom compared Spencer to Charles Manson. And I don’t know how I feel about that.”

“So are you going to tell her that you basically married Charles Manson?” Joe questions. “I mean are you really going to tell her? Especially since you’re gonna get it annulled eventually.”

“Part of me really wants to tell her to piss her off but the other part of me just wants to kinda keep it hidden.” I shrug. “We’ll see how I feel when I’m down there and she pisses me off.”

“Should I expect a phone call from your mother bitching that I corrupted her baby girl?” Spencer questions, a smirk on his lips.

“You betcha.” I smile.

**

Right before checking out Ricky, Joe and myself find ourselves chilling on the balcony passing a joint around while everyone else scrambles to pack.

“So are you really getting this marriage annulled?” Ricky questions. “Don’t you have Spencer have a marriage pack or some shit?” He chuckles before taking a hit and passing the joint to Joe.

“Not the member of Ice Nine Kills that I have a marriage pack with.” I chuckle before Joe passes me the joint and I take a long hit. “But yea, it’s getting annulled once Spencer and I are in the same city as each other.” I cough out. “It just sucks that it can’t be done before I head home.”

“Worried your mother is gonna kill you?” Joe laughs.

“Nah, it’s more so that my dad would be disappointed that he couldn’t walk me down the aisle.” I reply, kinda frowning.

“If it would make him feel better, I technically walked you down the aisle.” Ricky offers, laughing. “I mean you did drag me and honestly if the law allowed it, I would be married to both you and Spencer.”

“And your fans would rejoice, finally have what they’ve wanted for a while.” I laugh, causing the guitarist to roll his eyes.

“Being married to your best friend can’t be too bad, right?” Joe asks. “You and Spencer do get along great and act like a married couple already.”

“We already fought hours into our marriage and we never fought before.” I explain. “I don’t like fighting with Spencer and it’s already happened. Not a great start to a marriage.”

“You always fight with Spencer.” Ricky counters. “You literally fought with him the other day over which Ghostface was the best.”

“Those stupid fights don’t count!” I turn it around. “That’s what friends do. They point out that just because Billy Loomis is technically the first Ghostface doesn’t make him the best. If it wasn’t for Roman Bridger the whole thing wouldn’t exist. And don’t get me started on Mickey Altieri and how fucking twisted he truly was.”

“You can leave Mickey Altieri out of this, we heard that you had a huge crush on Timothy Olyphant at one point.” Joe chuckles. “But still you fight.”

Rolling my eyes, not wanting to argue with them. Just then, I get a text from Dylan.

The Mexican’t: Where the fuck are you?”

Me: Smoking a jay with Ricky and Joe on the balcony.

The Mexican’t: Without me!? What the fuck.

Just then a pissed off Dylan storms onto the balcony. “I see you replaced me and Jay as your smoking buddies. I’m hurt mami."

“You know I still love you,” I pull Dylan down into my lap and hand him the joint. “You’re still my favorite half Mexican.”

“How long have you known Hollywood Undead?” Joe questions. “We all found out that Cole has known them since 2009. When did you meet them?”

“Probably around 2010ish.” I reply. “I met Spencer in 2010 and quickly moved out of the building not too long after Cole moved in with me. So probably late 2010, early 2011 is when I moved next door to Jay. But I’ve been a fan of Hollywood Undead since 2005, when they first started posting shit on Myspace.”

“How the fuck did you not know you moved in next to J-Dog?” Ricky questions, laughing.

“Well dipshit, for the longest time they never did photoshoots or interviews or concerts without their masks on and if they did do interviews without them on, their faces were blurred out. And honestly I never paid attention to their looks. Even though they are fucking sexy.” I reach up and squeeze Dylan’s cheeks together.

“How the hell are we friends?” Joe questions, chuckling. “We call each other horrible ass names.”

“I mean, I’m probably only friends with you and the rest of Ice Nine Kills because we share a common connection aka American Psycho.” I offer, shrugging. “And honestly same with Dylan and the rest of Hollywood Undead but with Jay.”

“You don’t think we’d be friends if it wasn’t for Spencer?” Ricky is the one who questions it, frowning slightly.

“Joe and Dan maybe because they live in California. Yes I met Patrick when he was in Affiance but that’s because the band did two different tours with Ice Nine Kills so he still has the Spencer connection. You? You live in bumfuck Pennsylvania and very rarely come to L.A. So you tell me, Boo Boo.”

“Boo Boo?” Ricky smirks. “Is that my new nickname?”

“If you get to call me Yogi Bear, I get to call you Boo Boo.”

“Deal.” He laughs. “But shouldn’t you be calling Patrick that? He is your sidekick.”

“Nah, he’s not her side kick,” Dylan laughs. “That man is her bitch.”

I just roll my eyes laughing. This weekend may have been crazy but I wouldn’t have had it any other way.
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?