‹ Prequel: You're Cold and I Burn
Status: so excited for this rewrite

Caught

He told me I was crazy

This was all becoming to get too much for her. Weeks had flown by and he seemed to develop this habit of not coming home until all hours of the night. They had been engaged for just over a year but recently he started spending nights out of the house. He would never tell her where but he expected her to be just fine with it. He was the one that paid the bills, not her. She wouldn't dare to ever try to leave him. She'd have nothing which is why this plan worked as long as it did.

By the time she got home, she was sitting on the couch sipping a glass of wine. The evidence she had found was on the table in front of her. Pictures of the two of them driving around together, pictures of them having dinner together. The images made her sick, but she had to tell him that she knew.

It was 2:03 in the morning when he finally walked into the house. He shut the door quietly not realizing she was awake for him in the living room.

"Where were you?" She asked quietly. He turned around to face her not realizing she'd be awake waiting for him.

"Why are you awake?" He asked not realizing what he was walking into.

"This has been going on for a year and it needs to stop now. I'm tired of walking on eggshells just to avoid confrontation. But I can no longer do so." she said.

"What are you even talking about?" He asked. He had a feeling he knew what she was about to bring up but he had hoped he was wrong.

"Cheating on me with my sister. Don't try to bullshit me with the I've been working late nights. Your boss has been reaching out to me because you haven't been at work the past week. How stupid do you think I am?" She asked. Little did he know, he was gonna have his world flipped upside down and he had no one to blame but himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... hi. This is my first piece of writing in a long time. Edits will be made to this chapter as the days go on but I wanted to test the water. If anyone reads this, let me know what your thoughts are. :3