Status: A fanfic version of my Original Fiction story of the same title.

Gun Moll

Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets tough

Two years. I gave him two years and he kept such a huge secret from me. A secret that not only puts him in danger but me as well by proxy. For two years he kept the fact he was a soldier in the most notorious mob families on the west coast. How could he do this? Especially knowing how I feel about violence.

I sit in our shared living room, lights off and a duffel bag of clothing are sitting at my feet. He’s currently at a meeting; or that’s what he told me anyway. I have no idea what’s real or a lie any more. But I’m grateful he’s been gone though; it makes it easier to pack as much clothing as I can.

“Fallon, you home?” Spencer’s voice calls out into the darkness. Soon the lights for the living room are turned on. His eyes land on him and the smile that was once on his face has disappeared and was replaced with a look of confusion. That look intensives once he sees the bags sitting at my feet. “Are you going somewhere?”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I ask him, completely ignoring his own question. “We’ve dated for two years and you never once told me. I had to find out because Ricky accidentally texted me instead of you. How long, Spencer?”

“How long, what?” He counters. “I’m confused here.

“How long have you been a soldier in the Ricci Crime Family?” Spencer’s face goes white. He’s been caught. “I know that’s your cousin’s last name but I didn’t think anything of it. But when Ricky sent me a message talking about some drug drop off and shit like that, I put two and two together. I just want to know how long you’ve been involved and if you ever planned on telling me.”

“I’ve been involved since I turned 18.” He replies before sighing. “And I planned on telling you. I just needed to figure out the right time to tell you. This isn’t something you blurt out.”

“You had two fucking years to tell me.” I yell, shooting up off the couch. “Two fucking years! I wasted two fucking years on you. You know exactly how I feel about crime and violence and you lied to me saying you weren’t involved. But here you are, in-fucking-volved.”

“Fallon, I love you.” Spencer tells me, trying to walk closer to me. I just back away, earning a sigh. “I was afraid of losing you. I know exactly how you feel about violence and I was scared you’d leave me.”

“Well you lost me either way, Charnas.” I tell him, picking up my bags. “Never contact me again, Spencer. I mean it. “


Three Years Later

A groan escapes my lips as the sun shines through my windows. I roll onto my stomach to block out the light by burying my face into my pillow. Seconds later, my alarm goes off; telling me it’s 9am and it’s time to get ready for work. Another day in paradise.

After my shower, I quickly dry my hair before putting it up in a messy bun. I go into my bedroom and put on a pair of booty shorts and a matching bra before squeezing my ass into a pair of tight light blue skinny jeans and tossing a Led Zeppelin and flannel on. Once I’m fully dressed, I grab a Monster and rush out the door. I hate opening the bar but no one else can do it today.

The moment I get outside of my apartment building a see a familiar GTO parked right next to my Mustang. I let out an annoyed sigh as I walk towards the cars. Two people get out of the GTO and the both have a smile on their faces.

“I thought I told him not to contact me.” I tell them, crossing my arms across my chest. “Why are you here, Galante and Armellino?”

“We were told to retrieve you.” Patrick Galante answers the question. “Spencer didn’t tell us why.”

“Why is he sending you guys to get me?”

“Because you’d just ignore him.” Ricky Armellino answers, smirking. “So Fallon? Are we going to leave here empty handed?”

“You should know the answer to that, Ricky.” I smirk before walking over to my car. “It was nice seeing you boys. I miss you guys.” I get into my car and drive off. I have no interest in hearing what Spencer Charnas has to say. It’s been three years, if it was so important, he’d just come and tell me…

A couple hours later, the bell on the door rings. I look up and freeze in my place. He’s still as handsome as ever. He always looked good in a suit. Sighing, I pull out a rocks glass and fill it with ice before pouring top shelf whiskey in it before placing it in front of me; waiting for him to walk over and take his seat.

“I thought I told you to never contact me again, Charnas?” I ask, crossing my arms across my chest as he sits down in front; taking the glass in his hands. “It’s been three years. Why are you suddenly breaking your promise to me?”

“I’m no longer a soldier but an Underboss now.” He tells me. “And apparently I’ve made some enemies.”

“That sounds like a “you” problem, Spencer.” I roll my eyes. “What does any of this have to do with me?”

“You’re in grave danger, Fallon.” Spencer sighs. “And it’s all because of me. So I want to make this right.”

“Go to hell, Spencer.” I tell him. “I don’t need your help nor would I want it. You betrayed me by keeping this huge secret from me. And now you expect me to trust you enough for you to protect me? Not happening, pretty boy. Finish your drink and leave. And please stay gone this time?”

A smirk dances on his lips. “You still think I’m pretty?”

I roll my eyes. “Leave, Charnas. Don’t make me ask again.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?