Black Velvet

Black velvet and that little boy's smile

“Presley, working on this movie isn’t healthy.” My twin sister Prissy, states as I pack my bags.

I’ll be spending the next month or so in Canada working on the movie Priscilla. This is the second Elvis Presley themed movie I’ve worked on in the last year or so. My obsession with Elvis and Priscilla started thanks to my Elvis obsessed father. He was so obsessed with Elvis that he practically based his life after the King of Rock, right down to marrying a woman 10 years younger than him and grooming her into what he wanted her to be. Hell, he named his daughters Presley and Priscilla.

“Pris, I’m not doing this movie because it’s about Priscilla Presley. I’m doing this because I love working on hair and makeup in that era. “

Prissy rolls her eyes at me. “Bullshit Presley Evelyn. This is your 2nd Elvis themed movie in the last year.”

“And look how well Elvis turned out!” I beam. “I love doing movies like this. That era’s fashion and hair was God Tier.”

“And this has nothing to do with our dad’s toxic obsession with Elvis Presley?”

It’s my turn to roll my eyes. “No. Why would this have anything to do with dad?”

“Because you have serious Daddy Issues?”

“And you don’t?” I quip back. “I’m not the one that hooked up with Austin Butler.”

“Have you not seen Austin Butler?” She smirks. “And do you know who’s playing Elvis in this movie? Jacob Elordi. Aren’t you obsessed with him in Euphoria?”

“Nate Jacobs was toxic. I just thought he was hot.”

“Elvis was toxic too, just like good ole dad.”

“We both have Daddy Issues, don’t we?” I ask my twin, sighing.

“Our father fucked us up royally…” Prissy sighs. “You’re not gonna fall for Jacob Elordi, are you?”

“Honestly? I would be shocked if I didn’t…”

“You didn’t fall for Austin.”

“Yea but you had your tongue shoved down his throat and that accent made me vomit a little. Silla agrees.” I giggle.

“And you think the Australian is gonna have a better accent?”

“I have a better Elvis Presley accent and I’m a girl…”

“You do realize both of us are from Mississippi too, right?” Prissy laughs. “That’s why your accent is closer. And besides, Austin's accent isn’t THAT bad.”

“He sounded like a shitty Las Vegas impersonator.” I laugh. “Silla got banned from the set because of how much she made fun of it.”

“That’s because Silla is a menace to society.” Prissy rolls her eyes, laughing. “Are you gonna allow her to visit you on set this time?”

“Probably not but that’s not gonna stop her.”

“Can you promise me one thing?” Prissy asks, getting serious. “Don’t get your heartbroken when you eventually fall in love with the man playing Elvis…”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe?