‹ Prequel: Waking up in Vegas

Hangovers with You

Time spent with you, girl, is never time wasted

After spending about a week or so in Europe with my best friend turned husband, I had to fly back to Los Angeles. Currently, I’m sitting in the JFK airport hour 3 into my 5 hour layover. My feet are propped on another chair as I read Haunting Adeline. As I finish a chapter, my phone goes off; it’s Spencer wanting to Facetime.

“Hello Handsome.” I say answering the call.

“Hey beautiful, how was your flight?”

“Thanks to Xanax, it was fine.” She chuckles. “I’m currently in hour 3 of my 5 hour layover at JFK.”

“Why didn’t you just get a direct flight that way you wouldn’t have to keep getting on and off planes.”

“Because I wouldn’t want to be trapped on a plane for over ten hours give or take. Besides, I’m passing my time well. I’m reading a dark romance novel.”

“Give inspiration for our reunion when you come back from Georgia?” He smirks.

“Spence, I love you with all my heart…but I wouldn’t even let Matthew Lillard do the things Zade does to Addie to me.”

“It can’t be that bad.”

“Spence he fucks her with the barrel of his gun!” I exclaim. “Like prop or not, you’re not shoving a gun up my vag. Like fuck no.”

“What the fuck kind of books are you reading?”

“Dark Romance, like I said.”

“Emphasis on dark.”

“But we can do things from Butcher and Blackbird.”

“Oh god, like what?”

“Let’s just say it involves a dragon onesie and a unique dildo.” She smirks.

“Oh god.”

“Hey, it was a cute inside joke between the two of them. He took interest in the type of smut she read!”

“Hey, I’m taking interest. It’s not my fault my girl gets off on reading books about abusive pricks.”

“Not once have I gotten off on Zade. Rowan, yes. Zade, no….”

He rolls his eyes.

“Or you can do something that doesn’t involve the dark romance novels I read.” I smirk at him, chuckling a bit.

“Do I want to know?” He looks worried.

“You can always fuck me wearing a Ghostface mask.”

He just stares at me. “You gotta be joking, Kodi.”

“That would be very on brand for both of us.”

“You just want to imagine getting railed by Stu Macher.”

“Why do people assume that’s my favorite Ghostface!?”

“Because you have a huge crush on Matthew Lillard.”

“Yes as Shaggy!”

“Again…you gotta be joking, Kodi.”

“As my best friend, it saddens me that you didn’t know that.” I laugh at him. “How did you not know I have a huge crush on Shaggy?”

“I just assumed it was Stu Macher.”

“You know what they say about assuming.” She chuckles.

Spencer just chuckles and smiles at me, looking at me dreamingly. “How am I supposed to survive like 3 months without you?”

“You’ve done it before when it comes to touring.” I remind him.

“Well that was before…” He scoffs.

“Before what? Us getting drunkenly married in Vegas?”

He laughs again. “Before I realized how much you truly mean to me.”

“Gay.” I laugh at him, earning a glare.

“God, you’re such a bitch, Kodi.” He groans. “I was trying to have a sentimental moment.”

“Did you think marrying me meant I was suddenly gonna be nice about cheesy moments like this?” I smirk at him. “Because that’s never gonna happen, darling.”

“Why did I marry you again?” He groans before smirking at me.

“Because we got shitfaced in Vegas.” I smirk.

“Whose fault was that?”

“Marriage or getting shitfaced?” I ask him. “Getting shitfaced was my fault. The marriage was our friends for allowing us to get married shitfaced. And it’s your fault for wanting to stay married. I gave you an out, you ripped it up.”

“I’m immensely regretting that right now.”

I stick my tongue out at him. “Asshole.”

Spencer just smiles at me. “I love you, baby.”

I can feel my heart melt a little. “I love you too, American Psycho…”
♠ ♠ ♠
Nice intro to the sequel.