When We Are Beautiful

Westandalone.

You are beautiful and I am not. You are weightless and I am not. You are fearless and I am not. You are priceless and I am not. You are not worth nothing - nothing is worth you. I am worth anything and anything includes nothing. I am worthless but not priceless. I am heavy like guilt on your shoulders. I am scared like a monster's prey when the monster is myself. I am ugly and awkward like a gosling. Your perfection outshines my imperfections even though my imperfections outnumber your single perfection by far. Numbers mean little in terms of moral - you are right and I am wrong. Your perfection is my pain. That is wrong. I am wrong.
But the pain does not die inside me. I give it life, feed it like a fire. Blow fuel on the flames like the gods blow a breeze on the trees. Ugliness makes space for beauty. Imperfections make space for perfection.
When we are beautiful, and I want us to be beautiful together, we will rule the world. The sun will belong to us and the stars will belong to us and the moon will belong to us. We will spend our days with kings and queens of the sky, of the sea, of this rock. We will speak wise words and grow new worlds from hope and faith. We will cry a thousand tears of sea for the happiness and the beauty that we will have. We will have the people and you will have their hearts, I will have their eyes. They will keep their faith and they will believe. We will believe too, we will believe in anything we want to and it will be right and true.
But we cannot be beautiful together. Your time has come and your time is going. My time is not yet here but oh, it is coming.

When I am beautiful you will not be forgotten. I will not leave you behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Promises are for kissing.