Jealous Orchard

11

"I can't believe you would jump off your garage!" I said laughing as Morgan tried to lift up her leg to show me her long scar on her upper thigh.

"Hey, my cousin told me the umbrella would break my fall," she said laughing too as she moved her leg back under the covers.

Her ceiling fan was on high causing both of us to go under all the covers on top of her bed. She let out a yawn as I felt her legs rub up against mine.

"Shit, it's already four," I said pulling the covers up and over my head.

"Maybe we should go to sleep," she said also pulling the covers over her head.

"What time do you think, Taylor and Adam will get here?" I asked as Morgan lightly shook her head, and closed her eyes.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with you, Bren."

I looked at her puzzled at her response.

"Sometimes I have no idea what you're talking about."

"That's alright. I'm glad you actually came."

"Did you think I wasn't going to come? I told you I would."

"Of course I didn't think you would come. With Susan hating me and your family being Mormon, I figured everyone in your life thinks I'm some rebel child," she said scooting closer to me.

"My mom loves you."

"The first ten minutes she was looking at my Monroe," she said as she opened up her eyes.

I could feel her hot breath on my chest as I to inched closer to her.

"I'm sorry," I said pushing her hair behind her ear.

"No," she rolled back and was laying on her back. "I'm sorry, Bren. We should go to sleep."

I laid there staring at her as she tried to fall asleep, after a few minutes she rolled on her side facing away from me. I watched her back rise and fall in a slow steady motion telling me she fell asleep. I too rolled on my back and then onto my opposite side. I tried to fall asleep, but what Morgan said a few minutes ago was playing through head, causing me to lay restless as the sun came up.

__________________________

"Bren.Bren.Bren." I felt weight on my stomach but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes.

"Bren, please wake up!" I felt someone force my eyelids open, and I saw Morgan leaning over my face.

"Please let me sleep. I didn't sleep to much last night," I said turning my head to the side trying to close my eyes.

"I slept as much as you did," she said running her fingers through my hair.

"I didn't go to sleep when you did," I said trying to not moan as her nails ran against my scalp.

"Why would you stay up? We should go out on the boat," she leaned down and rested her head on my chest.

"We should wait till Adam and Taylor get here."

"Your heart is beating so fast," she said pressing her ear to my chest.

"Maybe it's because you're sitting on top of me and my heart is having trouble circulating my blood."

"Cry baby," she said lifting up her leg and rolling off me.

"You're already dressed?" I asked seeing she already had on shorts and a wife beater. I could see her bathing suit peaking through.

"Yeah, boy. I've been up for awhile," she got up and stood on the bed.

"You seem like you're on crack." She started to jump on the bed.

"I want to go out," she said falling to her knees and grabbing my hands.

She tried to lift me up but I made my body go limp and watched her struggle to lift me. She let my hands go, and she wrapped her arms around my upper torso to lift me up into the sitting position.

"You're horrible," she said wrapping her legs around my back.

"Maybe, I'm waiting for you to get off me to get up on my own," I said wrapping my arms around her neck.

"Right," she laughed as I rested my head on her shoulders.

"Is this all we're doing today? Spooning?"

"If you'd like, I'm quite comfortable right here."

She unwrapped her arms and by now I was sitting up on my own. She ran her fingers through my hair, and started twirling pieces of it.

"No one ever twirls my hair," I said mocking her last night.

"I'm positive I'm obsessed with your hair," she said slightly tugging on it.

"Okay, well let's keep it in my head," I said trying to scoot back and lean back against the head board.

"Sorry, I just like it so much," she said letting go and getting off the bed.

"Get dress, boy," she commanded as she left her room. I could hear her feet going down the hall.

___________________________

"Morning sunshine," Adam said as I walked out into the kitchen area.

"When'd you two get here?"

"Umm, maybe thirty minutes ago," Taylor said.

She already had on her bathing suit and along with Adam. And I'm assuming they already ate.

"Can I eat before-" a cereal bowl was shoved my way and a plate of sausage was on the table next to an orange juice.

"Thanks," I said as I looked over at Morgan who was now wearing Wayfarers and I could smell the sun tan lotion coming off of her.

"Yeah whatever. Eat so we can go out," Taylor said cutting off Morgan before she could talk.

____________________

"We should bring boys more often," Morgan said laughing as she turned around and watched Adam and I carry everything to the boat.

The boat was already uncovered and it looked like all she had to do was untie it.

"Aw, you got it ready this morning without me!" Taylor said skipping down the dock.

"Well look who it is."

I turned to my right to see a few guys standing on the neighbors dock, but one was standing further out.

"Hello, Douglas."

"You back for the whole summer?" he shouted as Morgan continued to walk toward the boats.

"No, sir," she said said on the boat and reaching out her arms to me.

I handed her the towels and she put them all in back.

"Sir? Come on, Morgan. What are you doing tonight?" It was clear he was the Michael Cox of the lake.

"I'm staying with my friends," she said not even looking at him.

"Another time?"

"Maybe."

It was also clear that Morgan wanted nothing to do with Douglas, and I had no issue with that. Adam had gotten the two coolers on and Taylor was standing behind the steering wheel. I Looked for Morgan and found her on the dock untying the ropes. Once it was all untied Morgan gave the boat a push back and Taylor put it in reverse. Morgan walked slowly on the deck along side the moving boat.

"Are you getting in?" Adam asked moving to the back toward Taylor.

And right when the front of the boat was in line with the dock she jumped onto the front of the boat.

"I just didn't want it to crash," she said stepping down from the seats in the front and standing next to me.

"I guess I'm driving," Taylor said as Morgan sat down next to me.

"Me driving a car scares Brendon, so I assume my boat driving will kill him."

"Ah what a pussy," Taylor said laughing.

"Aw," Morgan cooed as she pinched my cheek.

"Are you going to Vegas Lagoon?" Douglas shouted from the dock.

Taylor was driving slower to get out more before she took off. Morgan turned around and got on her knees to make her taller.

"Not if you are!" Morgan shout and after that Taylor gunned it and we were off.

"Which Lagoon do you want to go to?" Taylor asked as she plugged in her ipod and music started pumping through the boat.

"Let's go to Vegas," Morgan said yawning.

The whole boat ride it was pointless to talk. The music was loud and so was the motor. No one would hear each other. So I sat next to Morgan and watched her hair fly around even after she put it in a ponytail.

Soon Taylor started to slow down and you could see boats floating in the distance.

"Man, when are we going tubing and shit like that?" Adam asked as Taylor pushed him away to get the anchor. The boat didn't have anyone driving it but neither of the girls seemed to care. But Adam quickly grabbed the wheel so it wouldn't move.

"Adam," Morgan said laughing. "It's in neutral. We're not going anywhere."

The boats were getting bigger and bigger, and then Taylor threw the anchor in the water.

Morgan also got up and got an anchor from under a seat cushion and threw it off the front. Both lines were hot pink and soon the boat was turned off and we were suddenly stuck.

"I would never think you two would be boat experts," I said as Morgan stood in front of me.

"Eh, we just know what we need to know," she said lifting her shirt over her head, and turning to walk toward the back of the boat.

I've seen girls in bathing suits before, but it's much different watching the girl of your dreams stripping down to a two piece. Her tan skin contrasted with her tie dye bathing suit, and her long blonde hair was pulled into a high ponytail so you could see the sides of her wayfarers.

"Why aren't we tubing?"

"Because the water is ice, and no one wants to see the result of that," Morgan said as she bent over to open up a little door that went under the boat into the cargo area.

She pulled out the cooler and then started to pull out these floating devices. She had managed on pulling out four of them, all different coolers, and she threw two into the water.

"Are you boys going to lay with us, or go do boy stuff?" Morgan asked holding up a raft.

"Umm, I vote on boy stuff," Adam said as I nodded my head.

Morgan smiled, and pushed down the ladder in front. Taylor was the first down, and then Adam.

"Did you put on sun screen?"

"No, mom," I said as I watched her reach out for sun screen.

"You'll get burnt, and that will give me the right to five star you whenever I want to."

"Harsh," I said grabbing the bottle and I pulled off my shirt.

I heard Morgan whistle and when I had my shirt off she winked at me.

"Put it on," she said as I started to rub it on my arms.

"I am!" I said dramatically spreading it on my chest.

I heard more whistling but this time it wasn't Morgan. A boat full of girls were slowly passing by and and I'm sure I had a red shaded face.

"Hey, get your own man!" Morgan shouted as she put the lotion on her hand and rubbed it on my shoulders.

"Morgan! You want to tie our boats together?"

"Yeah! Just tie it up to the back, Melanie," Morgan shouted to a girl on that boat.

"You seem to know everyone, everywhere."

"We grew up on this lake together," Morgan said running a hand covered in lotion down my back.

Her arm was wrapped around and it was hard to miss how close she was. She looked up at me and smiled. I wasn't sure if it was from the sun but I thought I could see some sort of shyness in her eyes. But then again, it was probably the sun in her eyes.

"Hey you two! Stop touching each other and get in the water!" Adam shouted from a raft.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's been awhile, and sorry if there's a mistake I'm on my phone. I'll try to fix them sometime this week.

Happy 4th!