Jealous Orchard

12

"So why do they call this Vegas Lagoon?" I asked Brad who apparently was Melanie's boyfriend.

He threw the Nerf football at me and laughed.

"Probably because half the kids here were conceived in this water."

"Disgusting!" Adam said catching the ball I threw him, and laughing.

"Hey, it's still happening," Brad said looking over at the group of girls all laying on rafts.

"That's still just a little strange. How long has your family been here?"

"About as long as the Lee's probably."

"And that would be?" Adam asked laughing slightly as he tried to whip the ball at me.

"Probably for three generations."

"Wow, that's fucking long," I said looking back toward the girls, considering I dodged the ball and it went flying toward them.

"Sorry!" I shout seeing Morgan had gotten wet.

"Bren! I'm all wet!" Morgan said getting off the raft. Her hair was wet and she didn't look so happy.

I walked over in the shallow water and stepping over the anchor.

"My hair is going to smell," she said frowning and holding onto the ball.

"I'm sure it will smell fine," I said stepping close to her and reaching for the ball.

"We're going to head out soon," she said still holding the ball away from me.

"Where?" I asked trying to snatch it away from her.

"Didn't you two want to go tubing?"

"Oh, yeah I don't care."

She tried to hold the ball over head but it was pointless considering I'm taller than her. I reached up to grab it and she realized that she couldn't keep it from me and she leaned back. And when she leaned back I leaned forward causing us to both fall into the water.

"Brendon!" Morgan screamed as she stood up in the water.

I too got up and wiped the water from my face. And looked at her. I smiled as she looked at me. It was as if she was trying so hard to look pissed, but she just looked sad.

"You're not mad," I said holding up the ball to show her.

"You're mean."

"You're too funny," I said pushing my hair back.

"Ugh! Let's just go," she said pushing my chest.

I turned around and threw the ball to Brad.

"Come on, Adam! We're going tubing."

"Fuck yeah!" Adam shouted as he attempted to run through the water.

All the girls laughed at him as tried to start out fast, but ended up slowing to a walk.

"I can't believe you're dating the goof," one of the girls on a raft said to Taylor.

"Hey, he's a sweetheart."

"Yeah, I'm a sweetheart," Adam said leaning over and kissing Taylor on the head.

"How about you, Brendon? Anyone in your life?" Melanie asked as she pushed her raft aside and let Brad stand next to her.

"Um, yeah I have a girlfriend," I said feeling sort of awkward considering I haven't thought of her today.

"Oh, really?" a girl said giving me a curious look.

She also quickly glanced at Morgan who was already on the boat getting things ready.

"Um, yeah. We just started dating a few weeks ago.

"Well, that's nice," Melanie said giving me a smile and going toward her boat.

"Well, I'm sure we'll see you sometime again this weekend."

"Yeah," I said also heading onto the boat.

"Hey, sorry about your hair," I said to Morgan as she was brushing it out.

"Don't worry. I was just being a girl," she said turning away from me and continuing to brush her hair.

"You so hate me right now," I said noticing she was on edge.

"I don't hate you! Bren, you're my BFF. How could I hate you?" she said turning toward me.

Her hair was in a wave and I never knew her hair was naturally wavy.

"I know, I know," I said laughing as Taylor and Adam got onto the boat with the rafts.

"I just can't wait till I get to flip you off the tube," she said putting away the rafts.

_______________________

"I can't believe it started to rain! Again!" Morgan said from the other side of the pool.

"Yeah, luckily we have this heated pool to swim in, that so conveniently has a cover to protect us from the rain," I said swimming over to Morgan.

"How long have Taylor and Adam been gone?"

"Who knows. Taylor always gets freaked when she goes on a beer run, but I can never do it," she said also swimming closer to me.

"Is it because you really look like you're seventeen?" I asked as she was right next to me and I felt her wrap her legs around me.

"No, because I'm the worst liar on this planet."

"I could believe that," I said walking us around the pool.

Morgan leaned back and her upper body floated in the pool in front of me.

"How's your leg?" she asked staring up at the cover while the rain drops played music on it.

"It's fine, but I'm still holding a grudge against you."

"Leave it to you to get cut from a tubing raft."

"Leave it to you to make me get cut from a tubing raft."

"Oh please!" she exclaimed sitting up.

She sat up and wrapped her arms around my neck. Her long hair was sleeked back with the water and her tan skin contrasted with her hair.

"I think I'm done with the pool," she said unwrapping her legs from my waist and starting to swim to the steps.

"What we going to do tonight?"

"Well," she started as she stepped out of the pool. " we could get completely drunk and try to complete a puzzle. Or we can get completely drunk and watch a movie, or we can get completely drunk and swim and hope not to drown."

"So we're getting completely drunk tonight?" I asked as I got out along with her, and watched her dry off.

"Pretty much," she said wrapping a towel around her body and walking up toward the house.

________________________

"We so almost go busted man," Taylor said walking through the open door with cases covering her upper body and half her face.

"That's a lie," Adam said as he walked in with the same looking the same as Taylor.

"Well, we could have been busted," Taylor said as Morgan took the cases away from her.

"Well, thank you, Miss."

Morgan opened the a case of Mike's Hard Lemonade, and taking a bottle out.

She held one out to Taylor and she took one and then she took out one and looked at me. I shook my head and went to the Miller Light that Adam had open.

______________________

"I'm not going to lie," I started sipping my drink and placing a puzzle piece on a the table. "This is fucking fun," I said laughing.

We all had our fair share of drinks and now we were trying to put together a five hundred piece puzzle.

Adam was sitting on the chair next to the couch and Taylor sat on the floor between his legs.

Morgan sat next to me sipping on a bottle as she stared at the table in front of us.

"I told you," Morgan said taking a piece and putting it in its spot.

"Are we queer?" Taylor asked looking up at Adam.

"I would say so, but we don't have to tell people."

"That is true," Morgan said pointing at Adam.

"We aren't queer," I said. "We are simply drinking and having a nice time putting together a puzzle."

"We are queer," Morgan said laughing and sitting back.

"Yeah man, fucking queers," Adam said laughing as he kissed the top of Taylor's head.

"Okay well I'm going to go change," Taylor said getting up and looking at Adam.

He looked at her confused until it clicked in his head that she wanted him to go with her.

Morgan laughed and shook her head.

"They're so perfect for each other," Morgan said laughing.

"Yeah, pretty much."

I looked over at her and watched her finish her drink.

All of a sudden Taylor started giggling in the next room.

"Damn," I muttered as I laughed silently.

"Adam will be a lucky man tonight," Morgan said standing up and putting her bottle in a bag.

"It's already one," she said.

"Yeah."

"I think I'm going to bed. I drank to much."

"You know, I never thought you'd be a girl that drinks," I said also standing up and walking over to her.

"You never knew me," she said pushing me aside and walking down the hall.

"Was that your goodnight?" I asked feeling my hormones starting to get the best of me.

"No," she said spinning around and waltzing over to me.

She ran her fingers up my chest as I wrapped arms around her waist, pulling her closer. Her hands finally rested on my shoulders.

"What am I going to do with you?" she asked leaning back and staring at my face.

"What do you mean?"

"Goodnight," she said as her hands fell from my shoulders and she started to move away from me.

"Goodnight?" I asked as she was halfway down the hall.

"Don't be an annoying drunk, Bren. Get to bed."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'll go back and fix the errors in my last one, so don't worry.

And I guess these two are to make up for my lack of up dates.
Hope you enjoy!

COMMENTS ARE LOVELY!