Jealous Orchard

13

"I told you I'm not coming home till Monday," I said into the phone as I sat alone on the deck.

"I know you did. I'm just saying maybe you should come home early like today," Susan's voice said into the phone.

She had called me and no one was up yet but I didn't want to risk it.

"I can't, Adam's my ride and I don't want to make him leave," I said staring at out onto the lake.

"I could," she paused as if she knew it was crazy to offer.

"Susan I'll be home tomorrow. You can last a day without seeing me."

"But, baby, I'm all better now, and I want to have fun with you."

"Tomorrow, Susan. Did you only call me to nag on me?"

She paused for a moment.

"Are you having fun?"

"I am," I said knowing she wanted to stay on the phone, but had nothing to say.

"Well I can tell you're either in a bad mood, or completely distracted so I'll just go," she said probably hoping I would ask her to stay.

"I'm neither of those, but I'll talk to you later."

"Bye, Baby," she said right after I hung up.

I stood up from my chair and stared at the calm water. There wasn't any boats on it and the water looked like glass.

"Hey, Stud." I turned around to see Taylor standing in the sliding glass door with two coffee mugs. She was wearing Adam's shirt from yesterday and a pair of shorts.

"Hey," I mumbled but eying her shirt.

"Oh don't get any ideas, we just made out you creep," she said smacking my head as she sat down in a chair.

I followed her and sat down in the chair next to her.

"How come you never told me?" she asked before taking a sip of her drink.

"Tell you what?" I asked lifting up my legs and putting them on the banister.

"That you're completely in love with Morgan."

I stayed silent for awhile. I could feel the color from my face drain completely.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I said trying to sound confident in my words.

"I mean it's so clear. You're always next to her. Trying to make her laugh, it's kind of cute how lame your flirting skills are."

"If those were my flirting skills, I don't think they were lame."

"Lame," she said in a mocking tone.

"Anyways, it doesn't matter. Morgan and I are just friends. It's nothing like that," I said shaking my head.

I wasn't sure if I was trying to convince her or myself.

"Alright, I'll let it go, because clearly you're just friends," she said mocking me again.

"We are! I don't know how to get it through to you. I only like Morgan as a friend," I said getting frustrated.

"Easy, Cujo."

She stood up laughing and shaking her head, while she walked back into the house.

________________________

"I don't want to move," Morgan said from the love seat in the living room.

"We can leave with out you," Taylor said with a bag in her hand.

"I don't want to be alone!" she said starting to get up.

"Good, because it's no fun without you," I said as she slung her arm around my shoulders.

I wrapped my arm around her waist as she slowly walked to the boat.

"I don't like getting hang overs this intense," she mumbled against my chest.

"Sweetheart, no one does," Adam said walking past us laughing.

________________________

"Is she sleeping?" I asked looking over at Morgan.

She was laying on her back with her sunglasses on and it was hard to tell if she was sleeping or not.

"Most likely. We should flip her in ten so her tan is even," Taylor said laughing in the water.

We were back at the Vegas Lagoon but it wasn't as packed as yesterday. Melanie and Brad weren't there and Taylor, Adam and I just messed around in the water.

"Maybe we should wake her," Taylor said after a few minutes.

"Why?" Adam asked trying to climb onto the tube that was already in the water.

"I don't know, she might be mad that we let her sleep on your guys' last day here," she said shrugging as she held the raft still for Adam.

It was almost sickening how together they already were. It would seem like they've been dating all of their high school years.

Taylor got on along Adam, but with much more ease. They both stared at me.

"I guess I'll be waking her up then," I said more to myself than them.

I pushed my way through the water as fast as I could to get to the stairs. I made sure not to slip and hurt myself as I climbed onto the boat. I toweled off waist down considering the water we were in wasn't that deep. I made my way to the back of the boat and sure enough Morgan was laying there sleeping.

I watched her take in steady breathes that had some calming affect on me. I also realized it must have been strange that I was watching her sleep. I mean that has to make the definition of creepy.

I walked over her and shook her shoulder lightly.

"Morgan, wake up," I said leaning close to her ear.

She mumbled something but swatted me away. She rolled on her side and I could see the imprint from the towel on her back. I ran my finger tips up her back, and I watched her arch her back away from them.

"Stop," she whined rolling over.

She lifted up her sunglasses and squinted at me.

"You were sleeping, and Taylor told me to wake you up," I explained.

"You didn't have to tickle me," she said gutting out her bottom lip.

"Sorry, but you wouldn't get up."

"I didn't tickle you when you didn't get up," she grumbled putting her sunglasses back on and sitting up right.

she let out a yawn and I laughed.

"No you didn't tickle me, you just forced my eyes open."

"Okay, well it wasn't my fault you decided to stay up really late."

"It wasn't might fault you decided to drink so much," I said as she got down from where she was laying and stood next to me.

She leaned her head against my chest causing to plant my feet on the ground so we both wouldn't fall backwards.

"I'm sorry I fell asleep," she said against my chest.

Her breath sent chills down my body, causing goosebumps to appear up and down my arms. she laughed and looked up at me.

"You must be cold because your nipples are rock hard," she said looking at my chest and laughing.

I looked down and of course she was right.

"Do you insist on picking on me?" I asked feeling my face turn red.

"You're so cute," she said pinch my chest.

"Ow, you know I'm sensitive too," I said as she laughed more.

"I'm sorry, but I had to! You look so cute when you're embarrassed," she said with a huge smile on her face.

Stretching her arms above her head, she let out another yawn and then ran her fingers through her hair. It's excruciatingly hard not to stare at her. Here's a girl stretching in a bikini in front of me, and of course I'll be looking at her chest and not her face. Even though her face could win over any heart, her body just adds to the overwhelming emotions you get when you see her. It's times like these I feel like have to have her that moment just to survive.

"You okay, Bren?" her fingers were running through my hair and concern was painted across her face.

"Yeah, just spacing out. Sorry," I said and smiled considering her fingers were still in my hair, and even with the heat from the sun, I could feel this electric current building between us.

"Let's get this party on a roll," Adam shouted ignoring the position I was in and walking through us.

Morgan's hand left my hair, and the current was broken. She gave me a half smile and the quickly turned around to help her put in the rafts. I could hear them whispering and I felt Adam pat me on the back.

"Someone is going to get hurt bad," he said giving me a sad smile.

I knew exactly what he was saying. If I tired something with Morgan where would that leave Susan, and what if I tried with Morgan and all these currents were only flowing one way? I could never look at her the same. She would never look at me the same. And then I would really know how unhappy I would be with Susan.

________________________

"I'm not sure if it was a good idea for us to start drinking again," Morgan said floating on a raft in the pool.

The cover over the pool was pooled back and you could actually see the stars in the sky.

"We could stop," I said paddling my own raft over toward hers.

"No, I'm too gone," she said laughing and looking at me.

"I can tell," I said taking a swig from my bottle.

"I'm so glad you came, Bren," she said running her hand down my arm.

I could see her eyes were already glazed over from the drinks she had tonight.

"I'm glad I came," I said as I felt her hand squeeze my own.

Morgan lifted her bottle to her lips but pulled it back and frowned.

"It's empty," she said getting off her raft.

She started to walk through the pool. She looked back at me a smiled.

"Are you going to come in with me, or swim by yourself?"

I quickly got off the raft and followed her into the house.

"Are you going to have one," Morgan asked spinning around.

"How about we share one?" I asked as she took off the top off of a bottle.

"Sharing? With you?" she looked at me with a skeptical look but smiled.

She took a drink and then passed it to me.

"What time are you leaving tomorrow?" Morgan asked leaning against me as we both sat of the couch still passing the bottle between us.

"I have no idea," I said wrapping my arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me.

"You know, since you're going home, now I'll have to go home," she said putting an empty bottle next to the two on the table.

"What are you saying?"

"I don't know how I'll be able to get through this summer if you're in Summerlin all summer and I'm down here."

"We should maybe go to sleep," I said squeezing her shoulder as she started to sit up.

"Yeah we should go to sleep," she walked toward the hallway and stopped.

She turned around and stood and waited for me.

"Goodnight, Bren," she said holding her arms out toward me.

I stepped into her arms and she wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me closer. I could feel her breath on my neck and I knew neither of us were going to pull away. My hands gripped the her sides as she let out a sigh.

She lifted up her head and smiled at me. She pressed her forehead against mine as she let out a chuckle.

"What's so funny," I asked moving my one hands up and through her hair.

She smiled slightly and leaned forward. Her lips were pressed against mine, and I for a moment my eyes were widened. This sloppy kiss had caught me completely off guard that when I went to kiss her back she pulled away.

"Oh fuck," she said with her hand over her mouth.

Her eyes were probably wider than mine, and she looked like she just killed my dog.

"I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have done that," she said in a rush as she kept shaking her head.

"Mor-"

"No, I'm sorry, I so sorry," she said as she pushed past me and hurried down the hallway.

I stood there stunned and as I still felt the warmth from her lips on mine. I looked down the hall to see her door shut.

________________________

"Call me when you get back?" Taylor asked before kissing Adam.

"Of course," he said pulling his duffel bag more onto his shoulder.

This morning my bag was all pack and when Adam came in I told him we had to leave a soon as possible.

I stood behind Adam as I watched Morgan sip a cup of coffee.

"I'll see you later, Morgan," Adam said hugging her as she hooked her arm around his neck.

"Later, brah," she said moving away and making sure she didn't spill my drink.

"We'll let's pack up the car," Adam said moving out of the house.

Taylor hooked her arm with his and Morgan closed the door behind them. She turned to look at me.

I had no idea what was going to happen. The look in her eyes were so indescribable.

"Brendon, I completely understand that you hate me now, but please know that I'm so sorry, and I didn't mean to do that. I mean I'm sure it was the alcohol. My judgment was so off and it wasn't fair that I put you in that position," she said I stared at her.

I stood there stunned. All I could think about the reoccurring dream I had of her last night and how it involved her and me alone with no clothes.

"Well, again I'm sorry," she said lowering her head and walking past me.

I turned to watch her walk down the hall she was almost at her door before I remembered how to speak.

"Morgan, wait," I said.

She quickly turned around and came running down the hall.

"Oh Brendon, we can just pretend like this never happened, just don't hate me, or hate me for a little while," she pleaded.

My stomach turned as she said that and all I wanted to do was grab her and have my way with her.

"Don't worry about it. I can hardly remember it," I said pulling away from her.

She gave me a weak smile, and I'm sure I had the same one.

It turned out the only one getting hurt was me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you like it!

Comments are lovely!