Jealous Orchard

2

Sometimes at work all I did was sit on a stool and press buttons. It wasn't so bad considering I get payed. Sublime was playing in the background as the bells on to door jingled. I looked up to see Susan Miller walk in. It wasn't a surprise, she always came in after her band practice.

She figured we be good for each other, since she plays flute, and I play, well whatever I can get my hands on. She ordered the same thing every day.

"So you worried about finals?" I could hardly hear her over the blender.

"Not really, but I probably should be," I said turning off the blender, and pouring the pale yellow liquid called Bananamers.

"No, you're like really smart," she said leaning in with a five dollar bill.

This is the time I take her money, and she asks me if I'm free on whatever day. Usually I turn her down, and tell her that I already had plans or I simply pretend I didn't hear her.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" she asked putting her change in the tip jar. Always two dollars and four dimes.

"Hm, well I don't have anything in particular to do," I said, taking Adam's advice and move on.

There was no way on Earth Morgan would notice me, without me making the first move. And I was in no state to do that with her. And here was a girl making the move for me, and she wasn't an ugly girl, but I'll just say she was no Morgan Lee.

But beggars can't be chooser.

And seeing this was my second to last summer, I'm a beggar.

"Do you," she paused as if she knew I might turn her down like every other time. I guess I'll make it easy for her, because I knew for sure I wouldn't get reject.

"Would you like to go to the movies with me?"

She tried to hide her shy smile, but I could see it. I had just made her day.

"Yeah, I'd like that."

I couldn't help but feel horrible. I could feel Susan's excitement pouring out of her, and I sat there trying to look happy.

She had grabbed my hand and started writing her number with a black pen. She pressed a little to hard on some numbers and caused me to flinch back. "Well, call me, and we can set something else," she said waving and stepping out of the "shack".

------------------------------

"You ready for this?" Taylor asked as we waited for the teacher to enter the room.

"I guess, I studied last night," I said running my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah so I heard something about you," she said casually.

I turned toward her and gave her a questioning look.

"You and Susan Miller?"

My whole face went pale, I hadn't even called her yet, and people already knew. Taylor and Susan weren't even friends.

"It's nothing really. Just you know," I paused feeling slightly shocked that she knew. "I don't know."

"I didn't know you liked her," she said smiling at me.

"I don't. I mean...I don't know. It's nothing yet."

"You seem to not be excited," she said amused.

Leave it to Taylor to know how to find the buttons to push.

"It's just I didn't think she would make a big deal out of it."

"Well-"

"Taylor, I love you!" We both turned to see Morgan standing in the door way waving her arms around.

"Excuse me, Miss Lee." The teacher said behind her.

Morgan flashed a peace sign and let the teacher close the door on her. Taylor was trying to cover up her laughing, but she broke out even more when Morgan held up a sign in the window that said 'have my babies'.

"That's Morgan for you. She knew that I was scared for this final," she said smiling.

"That's Morgan?" I played dumb, because I didn't want Taylor to call my bluff.

"Yeah. She's like a sister to me."

"I-"

"Mr. Urie, and Miss White would you two like to fail this final?"

We both shook our head.

"Then I suggest you pipe down."

---------------------------

"Summer is finally here," Taylor yelled walking out with Adam and I.

"Are you ready?!" Out of nowhere Morgan jumped in front of Taylor.

"Oh hey, Adam, Brendon. Taylor I swear you better be packed, because we're leaving for the lake house in twenty minutes." I stood there stunned.

She knew my name. She clearly knew my name, and who I was. That was probably the biggest turn on ever.

"Yes I'm packed, chica. I can't wait for this. Is Michael coming?" And then my heart stopped.

"Um, actually, you and I both have Mono, so we're not going." Both Taylor and Morgan laughed.

"Okay, let's go!"

"Later boys," Morgan said turning around and giving a wave with her fingers.

When they were already in Taylor's car Adam turned toward me.

"She fucking knows your name! Ah, there is a chance after all!"

------------------------------

"God, you must be dying to masturbate to her yearbook picture," Adam said laughing as I finished making a smoothies for the both of us.

"Shut up, man," I said pouring our drinks and leaving Adam to take care of the rest while I close up.

"You know maybe you should set something up with Taylor, and Morgan, and you can nail Morgan, while I nail Taylor," Adam shouted as I locked the back door.

"Dude," I laughed shaking my head. "You are so fucked up. I mean extremely fucked up."

"Seriously, how hot would that would be? You and Morgan. And then Taylor and I."

"I didn't even know you liked Taylor," I said grabbing my smoothie and heading to the front door, with Adam following behind me.

"Well, I can start."

"You're so fucked up."

"Dude, I don't know why you keep saying that. I'm just an average boy who is able to explain his feelings out load. You're the same but you keep it to yourself, which is sick."

"No that's not sick, that's just being polite."

"Aahh, so it is true! You totally want to fuck her," Adam laughed as we walked to my car.

"Man, why do you have to keep saying that? You know everything doesn't have to be about fucking a girl."

"I know, but it does in this case. You don't know her so you can't possibly like her for her personality. So basically all you wanna do is fuck her because she's hot. You'd rape her if you could."

"No, I'd feel bad half way through."

"Now that's sick," he laughed as we walked into my families house.

------------------------------

"So what are you going to do?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked as we sat on the couch together watching tv.

"About Morgan. Are you going to talk to her, or ask her out?"

"Who's this Morgan girl?" My mom came into the room. We both turned to look at her.

"No one, mom." I tried to brush it off, but she sat down next to me on the couch.

"You know one, I wish you didn't lie to me, and two I wish you two would wear shirts around the house." I looked down at our attire of Just basketball shorts.

"Mom, I'm not lying, and it's hot," I explained changing the channel.

"Let me think of all the Morgan's I, know," she said going into the kitchen.

I grabbed the pillow next to me and started smothering him.

"You stupid dick."

"Okay, oh um, just stop that for a moment Brendon. Here's my list: Morgan Tyler, Morgan Porerson. And that's it."

"That's it? Two Morgans? Mom, one is married, and the other is a grandmother." This got Adam laughing hard and trying not to spit out his drink.

"But, why won't you tell me who this Morgan girl is? Adam you'll tell me. Is she nice?

"Mom! She isn't anyone," I said wishing she would leave.

"Adam?" she asked giving him the look.

"She isn't anyone, Mrs. Urie," Adam said shaking his head.

"Alright, if you say so." After that my mother left for the kitchen.

We both knew she was just waiting for us to bring her up again.

"Maybe we should got mini golfing together."

"You and me? Oh, how lovely," I joked grabbing Adam's hand.

"Dude, call up Taylor and get the load down on Morgan tonight," Adam said handing me a phone.

"I can't, I have a date with Susan," I groaned.

"Dude, Susan? That's insane. Why are you with her? She's crazy!" he said shaking my shoulders.

"She's," I paused. "Nice."

"Dude, you need to fake sick tonight and call Taylor."

"I don't have her number," I said turning my attention to the screen.

"She so wrote her number in your yearbook!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Two in a row! I said I would update, I just didn't say what. =)