Jealous Orchard

21

I stared at her while she closed her eyes. We were laying in the grass next to the park. It was hot today but the winds were high, so it wasn't bad until you got a sun burn.

Her knees were up and her arms rested across her stomach. I laid next to her counting her breaths. Her bleach blonde hair was a great contrast with the bright green grass that it laid on.

I wanted to roll over and hold her in my arms. I wanted her to rest her head on my chest and feel save. I wanted her all to myself.

I let out a sigh because I knew it wouldn't happen. She has barely spoken to me since we left her house.

"Why'd you do it?" she asked after ten minutes.

Her eyes were still closed when my stomach did a flip flop.

I stared at her for a few seconds. I wanted to throw up right then.

"I," I paused trying to think of what to say. "I have no idea," I mumbled.

"Please," she laughed and her eyes fluttered opened. "Don't lie to me, Brendon."

She turned her head to stare at me. Her eyes were lazily opened as she reached over. I closed my eyes because I thought she was going to hit me, but instead I felt her fingers brush across my forehead. She moved the hair out of my eyes and gave me a sad smile.

"Promise not to hate me?" I mumbled scooting closer to her.

Her fingers again brushed through my hair but this time she also scooted closer to me.

"Brendon I want to hate you so bad, but I can't."

"Susan didn't want me talking to you anymore. She thought you were trying to steal me from her," I mumbled closing my eyes.

Her fingers running through my hair and her voice was lulling me to sleep.

"I figured," she said as her fingers started to pull back.

"No,no," I said reaching for her arm. I opened my eyes and looked at her. "Don't stop," I muttered.

Her fingers tangled back in my hair and I let out a sigh.

"I heard about you and Susan. I'm sorry," she said.

"Don't be. I'm not. We weren't suppose to be together," I said.

We both fell silent. Her fingers started to run down my neck. Her hand rested on my chest and her eyes closed again.

A rush of sirens went past us and we both sat up to watch five police cars drive by.

"What do you think happened?" I asked as she leaned back on her hands.

"Drug bust with some hookers," she mumbled leaning her head back.

"You're probably right," I said staring at her.

She leaned forward and wrapped her arms around her legs.

"So," I sighed looking at her. "Is that Will kid taking you to Homecoming?"

"William?" she asked looking over at me.

"Sure," I mumbled not really liking the fact that she called him something different than everyone else.

"Who told you that?" she asked.

"People talk," I said shrugging my shoulders.

I didn't want her to know that I talked about her with my friends.

"No, he's not taking me."

I stared at her for a second and wondered if Ryan had lied to me, but then I remembered that he didn't say it was Will.

I sat there for a while trying to figure out in my mind who had the balls to ask Morgan to Homecoming. I could feel her stare at me, and quickly looked in the other direction.

I heard her sigh and the grass rustle next to me. I finally looked over and saw that she stood up. She looked down at me and squinted.

"I should probably get home," she said.

"Okay."

I stood up and pulled my shorts down a little and started to walk to my car. Morgan followed slowly behind me. She had one of her arms wrapped around herself as she was cold.

She got into the passenger seat and leaned against the window like a bored child on a long road trip.

When we finally got to her house I parked on the side road and sighed.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked dying to know why she had gone from being the Morgan I met to the one who hated me.

"Excuse me?" she asked looking at me.

"You seem to just be hot and cold today. I just want to know if I did something wrong today."

"Brendon, you ignored me because your ex-girlfriend has no confidence, and now you want me to be your friend again. Brendon, I just want you to stop messing with me."

Her voice was harsh and it was the first time she glared at me. Those green eyes that used to sparkle when ever I saw her were now sending glares at me.

"Morgan, I said I was sorry. I didn't mean to."

"But you did, Brendon! You did mean to because you kept it up for a month! And now that you broke up with your girlfriend you decide it's okay to allow me back into your life? You're messing with the wrong girl. I'm tired of your shit. I tried figuring out what you want from me, but I'm growing tired, Brendon. I can't keep playing this game with you."

I sat there stunned. She swore at me. That was the first thing that went through my mine.

"I don't know what to say," I mumbled shaking my head.

"Just tell me what you want from me!" she pleaded.

I stared at her and I could see in her eyes that she was confused. I wondered what I should say to her. Did I really want to pretend and say I only wanted to be friends with her. Could I pretend that I didn't dream things I shouldn't, and that I always imagined myself undressing her? Or did I want to tell her I couldn't bare another day without calling her mine. How I compared the need for her to a parasite? Could I risk that release of that secret, knowing the feeling might not be returned.

She sighed and started to turn figuring I had nothing left to say.

"Wait," I said catching her arm before she could open the door.

"I just want to call you mine," I said trying hard to look at her, but my eyes dropped with fear of rejection.

"Dear god, Brendon," I heard her sigh out into a breath.

I felt my heart stop and I could feel that dull ache start to tremble through my body.

"I never thought you'd say it," she said in a hushed voice that I have never heard her use.

Right when I looked up Morgan was already leaning over and pressing her lips against mine. Her body elongated over the the stick shift and her hands firmly holding onto my face.

You would think I would be in utter shock, and not able to respond for a few moments like you always see in movies. To stunned to appreciate the moment, but that wasn't me. By the time I felt her soft lips on mine my hands were already helping her body move closer to me. I think that since I've been waiting for this for so long, and that I've dreamed of this moment way too many times, I knew just what to do.

Once she realized that I wasn't going to pull away her hands moved to the back of my head and tangled themselves in my hair.

I groaned as I felt her tug on my hair but still push me closer to her. My hands were already making their way up her white t-shirt and they didn't stop moving up until I heard giggling coming from outside the car. We both pulled away and looked out the front window to see three young boys standing in front of us staring. They quickly ran away once they were caught but it snapped us back into reality. My hands slide back down Morgan's body and they found their place on the steering wheel. I watched the blood run to Morgan's cheeks as she looked down at herself. Clearly in an eager position, almost kneeling on her own chair, just to get to closer to me.

Her hands were already pulling away from my hair as she sat back down in her seat properly and her head leaned back against the head rest.

She let out a sigh and I sat there watching her until I saw a wide smile spread across her face, showing all her white teeth.

"I've been waiting for this for so long. I almost thought it was impossible," she said letting out a laugh with a breath.

I looked at her in amazement and with desire. Right now I wanted nothing more than to go back to what we were doing, and move to the back of the car. It wasn't until then that I realized my heart was racing and I could barely keep my breath in a steady rhythm.

"Sorry for the eagerness," she mumbled running her hand over her forehead.

"Sorry? No, please," I pleaded. "Please don't be sorry for that," I said laughing.

She smiled and looked over at me and leaned in. I'm sure I leaned in twice as fast to catch her mouth with mine.

Again, you would think that this time we would have calmed down more, but it was like an electric pulse went through us that jump started our hormones. Her hands were now around my neck pulling me closer and mine wrapped around her waist pulling her tighter. My mind gave Morgan's skin no justice. Her tan skin was like satin under my fingertips. Her lips were more than satisfying against mine. They weren't like anything I've ever felt. With my fish lips, or what Ryan likes to call them, Morgan's small mouth seemed to fit perfectly with mine.

This moment though, was the one time I wished Morgan and I were immortal. It hurt so much to have to pull away from her to breathe. She let out a pant as well, letting me know she was trying to last as long as possible. I cursed myself for not being able to go longer without oxygen.

She sighed again and she still had that smile on her face that made my stomach tighten.

"Brendon?" she turned her head to look at me and I did the same.

"Yeah?" I breathed out.

"Promise me you'll never ignore me again?"

My heart twitched when I saw she was completely serious and how she was so hurt by my stupidity.

"Morgan, I promise I'll never ignore you or make you cry," I said reaching my head out to stroke her hair.

"Morgan!"

We both looked out Morgan's window to see her mom standing on their porch. She had her hand above her eyes trying to see if Morgan was in my car.

"I guess I should go," she mumbled smiling at me.

"Can I call you tonight?" I asked as she opened the door half way.

She leaned over and quickly but firmly pressed her lips against mine.

"You better call me tonight," she said stepping out of the car. She quickly walked down the path but with almost every other step she looked over her shoulder and smiled at me.

I watched her jog up her steps and her mother question her, while looking at my car. Once they both walked inside I quickly pulled out onto the street and I sat at the stop sign and I smiled to myself.

I finally had gotten what I wanted.
I finally had Morgan Lee.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know you all were waiting for it. AND I know you'll all just flood me with comments because they finally fucking admitted their love for each other.

I'm also sorry for the long wait but I just wanted it to be the best that I could make it and it's been edited a couple of times. so enjoy!