Jealous Orchard

23

"What color is her dress?" he asked me standing in front of an arrange of ties.

"It's purple," I said trying to picture the color in my head.

"What shade of purple?"

He clearly had to go through this al the time during Homecoming.

"Oh, umm I think she said it was Royal purple?"

"Ah, okay, so I suggest you wear all black with either these two ties."

He held up and all purple tie, and one with thin black strips going across at an angle.

"I think I'll go with the plain one. I don't want to mess up her dress or whatever," I mumbled feeling like a complete idiot with my lack of knowledge about colors.

"Good choice, now do you need a shirt?" he asked holding on to the piece of cloth and ushering me toward the shirts.

"Oh god, I almost forgot!" I groaned dragging my slip on black vans against the ugly green carpet.

The man from Macy's laughed and nodded his head.

"I remember the troubles, and if you get it wrong, she'll kill you."

We both laughed at this. I pulled at my white vneck shirt to try to air it out, but even with the air conditioning it still seemed hot in here.

___________________________
"I got my tie and shirt," I said.

Her laugh echoed through the reciever after I told her that.

"Really waiting till the last minute?"

"Hey, more like last day."

"And you're sleeping over?"

"Well my parents think I'm sleeping at Adam's but yes I'll be sleeping over. And to answer your next question Spencer and Brent are staying with their dates."

"Does Ryan know he's invited?"

"Umm, I don't know about that," I mumbled walking into my closest looking for a shirt to wear. " But I'm going to see him now, and I'll let him know."

"Oh that will be fun. Are you guys going to do band practice?"

"I think so. Later though," I put my phone down quickly and slipped it over my head.

"Do you want to hang with us?" I asked leaving my closest.

"I would. But I won't. You two have a guys day. I have to do my photo homework."

I smiled as I tried to imagine her sitting in her room doing her homework on a Friday night.

"Okay I have to let you go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye, Bren. Tell Ryan I said hello."

"Will do," I said and then closed my phone.

________________________

"A high school Homecoming after party?"

"Hey, Morgan just wanted to make sure you knew you were invited. She seems to think you're going to feel excluded since you're in college," I explain to Ryan as we sat outside of a starbucks.

"I'd feel like a pedophile there," he said laughing while taking a sip of his coffee.

"You're only a year older than us."

"Who's all going?" he asked starting to consider it.

"Everyone."

"Wow, that's a lot of people," he mocked.

"Well, I don't really know who's all coming. Other than our group of friends."

"Like the band and their dates?"

"Well and Adam, and all of Morgan's friends."

"Hmm, I guess I could make an appearance," he said with a snotty tone and his nose stuck up to me.

"So how's Morgan?"

I knew he wasn't asking about her health. I shifted my weight in my green painted wire chair and looked out onto the street.

"She's good."

"Good?"

"Yeah? What else am I suppose to say?"

"Are you sleeping at her house tomorrow?"

"Yeah, but it's not the first time we've ever slept in the same house. I mean in the lake house we did."

"You're rambling. You must be scared shitless."

He laughed loudly as he understood all my explentation. But I still tried to cover.

"I am not. I just explaining."

"Maybe it's a good thing you dated Susan. Now you won't look like a complete nerd."

"Hey, I know what to do!" I raised my voice a little too high and people around us started to stare. Ryan found this completely hilarious and was resting his face against the table to support his weight.

The sad part was he was right. I had no idea what to expect from Morgan tomorrow.

"What if she wants to have sex?!" I asked in a low voice as my stomach dropped.

"Dude!" Ryan exclaimed with a smile. "Be happy then! But I don't believe she's going to want to sleep with you, with only dating you for three weeks."

"I guess you're right."

"Don't spend your whole night worrying about this, Brendon. You're supposed to have a good time."

________________________

"Aren't you going to say anything?" She stood in front of me with her eyebrows knitted together.

We, along with sixteen other people stood in her large back yard.

"You look beautiful," I mumbled pushing my hair to the side.

"You're-"

"Brendon! Stop touching your hair," my mom yelled at me from across the yard.

"Geez, Bren. Do you just want to ruin my night?" Morgan asked with a smirk on her face.

She took a step closer to me and ran her fingers through my hair. Pushing it to the right.

"That's the last thing I'd want to do."

She placed both her arms on my shoulder as she leaned in closer. She pressed her lips against my cheek.

"You look adorable. Did I tell you that?"

"You didn't tell me that, but I'll take it now. So thank you," I said rubbing my cheek to remove her lip gloss.

"Hey lovebirds, we're taking photos now!"

Morgan turned around. Her long blonde hair was laying straight down her back. But it was different then how she usually wears it. It seems to shine more, and glow in the setting Nevada sun.

"Put your arms on my shoulder," Morgan started to sing as I placed my arm on her shoulders. Her left hand quickly found my left side and she leaned her body into mine.

"You smell nice," she muttered through her smile as we stood with parents flashing cameras in front of us.

"opposed to what?"

"Smelling like a Strawberry Banana smoothie," she said smiling wider.

"You love it."

"Of course I do," she said turning her head to the left and looking at me.

She smiled once more and then pressed her lips against my cheek as another five cameras flashed.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay first off, I'm sorry I've been gone for so long. I would explain if I had the time but I don't.
And secondly but I think it's more important I'm SORRY FOR ANY errors in this part. My spell checker is being mean and not opening andI don't want to do it myself.

Okay enjoy. And I'll try not to take another long break again.

Comments are nice. It lets me know if I still have people willing to read.