Jealous Orchard

25

She sat on the couch with her legs crossed like always and her eyes were closed.

"You still awake, Morgan?" Ryan asked laughing before taking a sip of his water.

"Barely," she mumbled.

"Yeah, can someone remind me why we are having band practice at a ten in the morning? Right after Homecoming?" Brent questioned plugging in his bass to an amp.

"Well, because, dearest Brent, I have to get back and write a paper," Ryan explained.

"Wait! You're not staying? I barely got to see you!"

Morgan's eyes had opened wider and she was staring wildly at him.

"You had all last night."

"It wasn't enough! I thought we were having a movie day!" she ranted throwing her arms in the air.

"Since when did we plan this?" Spencer asked laughing at her face.

"Since now! Now, we're planning this now!"

I laughed leaning over and kissing the top of her head.

________________________

"I can't believe she fell asleep," Spencer said laughing.

He threw a piece of popcorn at her, and it landed in her hair.

I carefully pulled it out, and tossing it on the coffee table.

"Yeah she planned this, and she's sleeping through it," Brent complained.

"But now that she's a sleep Brendon can tell us all about last night," Ryan said smiling and turning to look at me.

I quickly looked down at Morgan's head resting on my thigh, and then to her feet laying across Ryan's lap.

"She didn't want to sleep with me," I said while they each groaned." But she did strip for me, which was really hot."

I smiled at the memory of her finally pulling down her cotton shorts.

"Strip?! Did she dance for you? Does she have a pole in her room or something?"

Brent started laughing loud and bending over in his seat, as Spencer leaned forward waiting for his questions to be answered.

"No, Spencer. She's not a stripper. She just took off her clothes."

"Wait, isn't it a little strange saying this in front of her. What if she's not sleeping?"

"She's sleeping."

I lifted up her limp arm let it drop to fall against the couch.

"We'll congrats man. One step closer to the goods. I mean you saw your goal last night! Now you just have to dive in to it!"

Spencer spit out his water that was contained in his mouth as Brent finished his sentence.

"Well stated, Brent," Ryan said with a small smile and shaking his head.

"Okay, okay. Let's talk about something else. How about you Ryan? Any college girls catch your eye?"

________________________

I watched her put her hair into the sloppy ponytail that I've grown to love so much, as she slipped on a pair of sandals.

"You don't mind?"

"Of course not," she said turning and smiling at me.

I gave her a questioning glance as she turned back around to grab her purse.

"I mean I can ask Ryan-"

"Brendon!" she turned around quickly her eyes were wide with her eyebrows raised. She quickly took the few steps toward me and planted her hands on my shoulder and leaned forward.

"Brendon, look at me. I don't care that I have to leave. You and Ryan need to focus."

"I know, but I asked you to come over and you have to leave. I feel like a jerk."

"You are adorable, Bren."

She kissed my forehead, but quickly pulled away backing up while the doorbell sounded. She walked the rest of the way to pull my front door open revealing Ryan holding his guitar in one hand and a notebook and pen in the other.

"Brendon! I told you no distractions. I thought you knew what I meant!" he whined pushing past Morgan and walking into my living room. Morgan smiled.

"He already kicked my butt out, Rybear. Don't worry," she said winking in our direction.

She walked through the door frame, and I watched her walk down the cement pathway to her car through the windows.

"Seriously, Brendon. How come she only abbreviates your name, but she has to add an animal to mine? I mean the other day she called me Rybunny. Rybunny? Sometimes I wonder what goes through her mind."

He shook his head as he continued to rant about the nicknames Morgan had started giving him. I had pulled my guitar up onto my lap and reached across the table to grab the red notebook Ryan had brought.

"She wasn't mad was she?"

"Nope," I said tilting my head and looking at the notes he scribbled across the page.

"Really? Didn't you just invite her over like an hour ago?"

"Yes..." I trailed off looking up at him.

"Well, usually girls get pissed about that kind of stuff. That's all." He shrugged his shoulders as he sat back into the couch and picked up his guitar too.

He started talking about how the song had come to him last night, and that he had to get my help with it. I looked back out the window, fully knowing that she was probably already half way home by now, but still imaging her walk down the pave, and realizing Morgan isn't like other girls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wootz, Thank you everyone who commented.
And to think threats really do work....hmmm...=)

I hope everyone had a lovely Halloween!
And I hope that anyone who was able to vote today did!

More comments make my story grow bigger!
Like the plant in The Little Shop of Horrors!!!!

sorry, odd reference. =/