Jealous Orchard

26

"Hey you wanna go to the movies tonight?" Adam asked as we walked to our math class.

"I can't, sorry man," I answered holding the door open for him.

"That's cool. I'll ask Taylor but I don't think she'll like scifi horror," he said laughing.

I chuckled and placed my backpack on the ground and took my seat.

"Yeah, she doesn't strike me as someone who would watch that."

I scratched my shoulder underneath my my shirt and tried to listen to what the teacher was trying to explain. Calculus was much harder then anything I've ever learned.

"Do you get this?" I asked leaning over to Adam.

"Uh, yeah you just..." he trailed off and took my paper to finish my problem.

I looked at him dumbfounded as he quickly completed the problem.

"Wait, how'd you do that so fast?"

"Well, she taught us Monday. Remember?"

"Um, no," I said shaking my head.

"How'd you do the quiz yesterday?"

I groaned loudly and placed my head on the table.

"I have no idea," I mumbled against the table.

"Mr. Urie?"

I lifted my head to see our teacher Mrs. Wicker standing over me. She handed me a piece of paper.

"I'll let you make this up Monday, but they highest score you can get is a 79 percent."

I scrunched my nose up, already seeing the red marker all over my paper.

"Do I even want to look?"

"You should, even though it's pretty bad. Look at what you did wrong, and work on it. If you need help just set up and appointment."

I nodded my head and quickly stuffed my paper into my folder as she walked away.

"Hey at least she's letting you make it up, right?"

"Yeah, I just don't know when I'll have time to study. Ryan's finally back in town and he's trying to put in as many band practices as he can."

"That blows man, I'm sure he'll let you take a break to study."

________________________

"Hello, Darling," Morgan mumbled against my ear as she kissed the side of my face.

"Hey," I mumbled sitting down at our lunch table.

"Aw, why the long face, Bren?" she asked sliding her chips to me and taking my apple.

"It's nothing."

"He failed his Calc test," Adam said chewing a bite of his Turkey sandwich.

"Brendon! You promised me you'd study for that," Morgan said resting her forehead on my shoulder.

"I get to make it up," I offered.

"And you'll study for it?"

"Yes, mother."

"Oh, gross. Please, I love your mother but don't ever call me that," she said laughing.

"Ew, Brendon has a crush on his mom!" Brent shouted causing the two surrounding tables to stare.

"Oh, Morgan, did you watch it?" Taylor asked from across the table.

"Oh my gosh, yes! It was so funny! Woah!" she smacked her hand on the table and started laughing.

"What are you talking about?"

They both continued to laugh as they shook their heads.

"Nothing," they said in unison.

I watched her pull her hair back from her shoulders and how she continued to laugh quietly, keeping her secret to herself.

________________________
Morgan and I walked hand in hand to the parking lot after school. She swung our arms together as if she was a five year old. She had a smile on her face as she chew grape gum.

"Hey, Morgan! Woah!"

Even though he only called Morgan we both turned our heads to see William standing to the left.

"Ah! It was so funny! Taylor and I kept laughing about it today," she said smiling.

She had stopped swinging our arms. I walked next to her silently wondering why he had seen the video and I hadn't. I looked over at her, her head turned still as she waved goodbye to William.

We had both gotten in the car, and Blink 182 came on as I turned the key.

I pulled out of the parking and made a left to head toward her house.

"Why so quiet, Bren?" she asked at a stop light. She ran her fingers through my hair, pushing it to the side of my face.

"Since when do you have inside jokes with William?"

"Are you kidding me?"

She turned to look at me. Her eyebrows raised as she pulled back.

"No, clearly you two have a closer relationship then I thought."

I could feel the anger building up as I imagined sitting next to each other as he whispers in her ear and she giggles, because she always too nice to not.

I watched her lean back against the seat in and sigh. Her fingers ran through her hair and pulled it outward.

"He's in my English class, Brendon. We watched this stupid movie were the girl kept saying "Woah", and Taylor just happens to be in the class before us. We all clearly found it funny, but I'm sorry for keeping this inside joke between us."

She didn't look at me, but out the window. Her arms were crossed against her chest and I could hear her take in deep breaths, trying to calm herself.

The rest of the car ride was silent, except for Blink 182 playing softly from my cd player. I pulled into her driveway and she started to reach for her bag in the back. She placed it on her lap, and finally turned to look at me.

"Brendon, I have no idea why all of a sudden you're so worried about William, but you shouldn't be. I'm with you, and I'm with you for a reason. Please, stop making assumptions that I like someone else more than you."

Her matter of fact tone sent my heart racing. I felt like I was be reprimanded by my mother on saying she didn't love me. My hands were still holding onto the steering wheel, but I tried so hard to unwrap my fingers and fling my arms around her, apologizing for over reacting.

I knew the moment I asked her it was stupid, but I couldn't back down. So my hands stayed on the steering wheel and I focused my eyes on her white garage.

She sighed and I heard the door open.

"I don't know what to say, Brendon. I'm sorry that you somehow believed that I'm hiding a secret relationship with William from you, because I'm not. Well if you ever decide to forgive me, call me."

She quickly leaned forward and kissed me cheek, and then she was gone. The closed and she walked around the front of the car. I watched her walk up the front steps, never turning around to look at me.

My hands were frozen on the steering while, and I could feel her lip gloss sticking to my skin.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is an important chapter.

Who wants to comment, and tell me good stories to read??