Jealous Orchard

28

"Why are you so fucking stupid?"

I lifted my head from under my down blanket and blinked. The Nevada sun was blinding as it poured directly onto my bed.

"Who's that?" I crooked. My throat was dry and my mouth tasted horrible considering I was too lazy last night to brush my teeth.

"You told her to leave? And after she helped you, so she thought things were going to get worked out."

I lifted my head more and turned toward the door frame to see Ryan standing with his arms crossed.

"You look like shit," I commented.

"Because I've been up all night comforting your girlfriend."

I sighed and pushed my hair out of my face and fixed my collar from choking me.

"I couldn't do it."

"How could you not? You say you're sorry, and you didn't mean it!"

"But," I sat and finally stared him in the face. "What if I did mean it. What the hell is a girl like Morgan doing with a guy like me?"

Ryan's shaggy hair framed his face and his black shirt hung lamely on his shoulders. His eyes were visibly bloodshot and he seemed to glaring at me.

"You're a douche bag. Why would she bother calling me if she didn't want to be with you? And why would she come to our band practices? Do you think she's just doing this shit for nothing?"

"Maybe not in the beginning, but things change."

"Nothing has changed! What do I need to say to make you understand that you're not a band geek to Morgan. Trust me. Please, I had to endure her description of trying not to rip you apart on homecoming."

I sat there blinking at him a few times. My mind was jumbled with all the things he was saying to me.

I shook my head slightly, knowing how stupid I was.
"I get it. You're pushing her away because want to do it before she does it to you."

I stayed silent groaning on the inside.

"Which is completely pointless since Morgan is clearly in love with you."

"How do I get her back?"

"Brendon, you haven't lost her. This girl has liked you for the past two years, and now she's going insane thinking youdon't want her."

"Two years?"

"Are you kidding me? You're worried about how long she liked you? You're lucky she came crying to me and now William."

I quickly swung my legs over the edge of the bed. I stood up and stood up. I slightly pulled at my boxers so they weren't bunched up.

"You are a god awful boyfriend."

"You think I don't know that?"

Ryan laughed while pulling my door open.

"Well I'll let you two get back together, but remember band practice at seven."

"Yeah, yeah," I said shuffling through my drawers.

________________________

"Brendon," she groaned pushing her hair out of her face.

I placed the sweating cup onto her nightstand and knelt down next to her bed.

"Can I say I was scared you didn't like me as much as I liked you. So I was an overreacting dick."

"You can't just come in and apologize each time with a Slurpin' Grape," she said sitting up.

I couldn't help but realize she was only in a sports bra and boy shorts.

She grabbed the cup off of the nightstand, and took a sip.

"I know, I'm pathetic and I decided to up the anty. So I've brought you this," I pulled out my old blink 182 shirt and placed it on her pillow.

"It's your favorite," she said placing down the cup. She grabbed the shirt and smiled slightly to herself.

But then she frowned and looked up at me.

"How could you not know I liked you just as much, probably even more than you like me?"

"It's hard to realize that when I've been the loser kid for the past three years."

"Brendon, do you not realize all the shit I went through this summer? To actually talk to you when all you've ever done was glare and then look away?"

"What?"

"Every time I would make eye contact with you, you'd stare and then look away. That kind messes with girls mind."

"But...Wait...Can I..."

"And then all summer being called a slut because you were dating Susan and I wasn't going to let her take you. I mean I had to try at least try to be with you," she rambled still clutching onto the shirt.

I fell back onto the heels of my feet as I stared at her. I smirked slightly as she raised the shirt so it was under her chin.

"You never stop surprising me, Morgan. All these years I thought I was invisible to you."

I shook my head and let out a sigh. I searched her eyes for some sign for forgiveness, or some form of anger, but the she only had a small smile on her face.

"You better make this up to me, Bren," she said pointing her finger at me.

I felt my heart beat accelerate once she leaned forward and kissed me on the forehead.

"Forehead? That's all I get?"

"Don't push it, brother."

She laughed but fell back into her bed with her arms above her head.

"You woke me up. That's kind of a jerk thing to do."

"Well, not really. Everything is better right now, which means," I paused taking a drink from the cup and setting it back down. "We can take a nap together since your parents are out."

I knelt onto her bed, hesitating to move forward encase she protested, but she laid there while I carried over her legs. I pulled back her white down blanket and shimmied myself under it. Once I pulled the cold blanket to my chin, Morgan rolled over so she was laying half on me and half on the bed. Her arm wrapped itself around my middle and her rested on my chest.

"We're so messed up," she mumbled against me.

"I kind of already figured that out."

"But, I like it."

"That's nice to know, sweetheart," I chuckled as her breathing slowed down, and she easily fell in a dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay first of as you can see I've changed the layout. I'm finally actually figuring out how to work this website, and I'm liking it a whole lot more.

Also I didn't update sooner since I lost my phone on the Men in Black Ride. It was really scary, two days with out any connection. AAh... I was being dramatic there.

Okay and also it seems you only comment if I threaten, which is sad, but I'll do it.

If not enough people comment, I'll keep my next chapter to myself longer. =/