Jealous Orchard

29

"You actually studied. Good job, Brendon."

I looked at the test with a 79 circled on the top. I smiled and waved it in front of Adam's face.

"Look at that sucka!"

"Please, I got an eighty nine."

"Well, you should shut up."

Adam laughed shaking his head while going back to his notes.

"So, how are things with Morgan? I heard you worked things out?"

"Yeah, everything is fine now. I fucked up like usual. I'm just wondering when she's not going to forgive me."

"Yeah, man. You've been doing this before you guys dated. Before you were even friends."

I nodded not replying to him. I stared down at the piece of paper that was hidden under my worksheet of notes. Lyrics to the song Ryan and I had written together were on it along with music notes. I still had to rework the bridge.

I sat hunched over the paper, playing the guitar in my head, trying to imagine what would sound the best.

__________________
Morgan leaned forward and kissed me on the cheek, and smiled at me.

In the first week of dating Morgan and I had decided to only celebrate monthly anniversaries on the odd months, because every month to us seemed a bit odd. It seems strange to think that we've only been dating three months, considering all the stupid shit we've went through, but it was the end on November and Morgan was determined to a happy holiday.

"What are you doing tonight?" she asked pulling a blanket off of the back of my couch and wrapping around our legs.

"Umm, I thought maybe we should go out to eat. You know my treat."

"I think I can handle that," she said nodding her head.

She grabbed the remote off of the worn coffee table that has been in my living room since before I was born, and flipped directly to food network. I learned earlier that I shouldn't complain about food network, because to Morgan it's God. She scooted in closer to me and rested her head on my chest as I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

We had been twenty minutes into a Barefoot Contessa show on desserts when my cell phone rang.

I raised my hips off the couch to grab it from my left back pocket. Ryan flashed across my phone screen in big black letters.

"Hey," I said into the phone.

I looked down at Morgan to see she was still absorb in the cookies being made on the screen.

"Holy shit! I'm driving down right now. We need to talk serious business, and kiss your girlfriend for me. Because she's a genius," Ryan shouted into the phone.

I pulled it away from my ear half way through his rant, and he was loud enough to cause Morgan to look up at me with a curious glance.

"What time will you be here?"

"In half an hour," he said breathing heavily into the phone.

"Is that Ryan?! Is he coming home! Oh, I'm so excited!" Morgan said sitting up all the way and staring at me with anticapation.

"I think she'd take that kiss from you," I joked.

"Of course she would. But clear your night, we have planning to do."

And with that he hung up on me. I looked back at Morgan still smiling and me.

"He's coming on a Thursday which means he'll be staying the weekend. Sweeet. Should we all ditch tomorrow?"

Morgan stood up and stretched her arms over her head, causing her shirt to rise over her hip bones.

"I'm so glad our anniversary means so much to you," I said standing up.

She laughed and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Please, Brendon. I know you were going to take me to In-N-Out Burger, and then expect me to make out with you in the parking lot after you ate an Animal."

She smiled sweetly at me before leaning forward and pressing her lips to mine. I could feel her cold monroe against my upper lip, and I smiled as she leaned into more to deepen the kiss while running her fingers through my hair.

She pulled away but rested her head against my shoulder.

"I'm so excited. Now we can just have a gaint sleepover at my house, and then ditch tomorrow."

"But when are we going to fit in this much needed make out session? I mean it we've been together three months, we need to atleast celebrate it with a make out session."

"Well," she started as she turned her head to kiss the crook of my neck. "We have thirty minutes and an empty house to celebrate in."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I tried to get this out sooner, and I had it done two days ago, but I sorta changed it.

Also an "Animal" is a type of order from In-N-Out Burger, for those people who don't know.

Also I clearly skipped ahead alittle in this chapter, because I needed to.

Comment because I realized I could bring in Susan and have her go pyscho and kill Morgan and torture Brendon for the next twenty some chapters. Which would stink.

And now my spell check isn't working so I'm saying sorry now for any mistakes, but I'll fix them tomorrow.