Jealous Orchard

31

"Morgan?"

"What's up?" she turned her head to the right and looked at me.

She was upside down in between Ryan and I on her leather living room couch. Her legs stuck up in the air with minnatonka slippers on her feet. Her feet were swishing back and forth to the beat of the dramatic music playing in the horror movie we were watching.

I'll admit that I jump at the shocking parts, when someone jumps out, but Morgan just laid there, staring aimlessly at the television each time the man appeared to cut off someone's limps.

"Are you alright?"

She hardly spoke the rest of the day. She barely laughed at Spencer when he tried to pretend trip into a girl he liked. She just had that blank stare on her face. But you knew she wasn't brain dead. No, I knew a storm was brewing in her mind, and it was just getting worse with the fact she wouldn't let it out, so it kept building up.

"I'm fine," she mumbled pretending to stare intently at the girl running through a slaughter house.

"She's mad at me," Ryan said not taking his eyes off of the screen.

"No I'm not."

She didn't even turn to look at him. She just reached in front of her and plucked a single popcorn kernel and popped it in her mouth.

"I wish you didn't eat upside down," Ryan said now watching her.

I sat there feeling awkward. My hand that rest on Morgan's stomach now felt like dead weight. Like I was pushing down on her organs. So I slide in off and rested it on my thigh. Ryan's full attention was on Morgan, but she was clearly ignoring him. But I kept remembering Morgan upside down on her bed eating peanut butter and being worried about her choking.

I wished that Spencer and Brent hadn't gone to get a change of clothes so I wouldn't have to sit here alone, not knowing what to say. So I sat. No one spoke again, and I pretended like I hadn't witness the fight between them.

His words of worry clearly cutting her deeper than his blunt statements before, and I couldn't figure out who to defend and what to defend them on.

Instead of figuring it out I watched a girl be cut up alive with a ax. Her head shook back and forth and blood poured out of her mouth with each gurgling screech of pain she let out. Her blonde hair turned pink as the blood stained it. Her legs lay next to her upper torso and as her body start to go into shock from the large amounts of blood she lost, the killer swung the ax down right in between her eyes.

No one spoke until Brent and Spencer arrived.
________________________

"This has to be the best brownies ever made," Brent said with his half full.

"They're just from the box," Morgan said sitting on the stool in between me and Ryan.

She leaned her head on my shoulder and sighed. We had all changed into our pajamas, or well the garments we were to sleep in. It was well into the morning but none of us really were that tired, and brownies covered in powdered sugar weren't going to help that.

"What if we just not go to bed, and stay up, forever!" Morgan said lifting up her head from my shoulder and planting her hands on the counter.

Spencer nodded his head as he used a paper towel to wipe chocolate smudges off his face.

"Since," he started, but took a drink of milk." Since we're staying up forever, I think we should see this mystery birthmark."

"Yes!" Brent said standing up.

Spencer followed suit but started for Ryan.

"Wait, wait. Now come on! I don't want to show it!" Ryan said scampering off his seat and toward the door.

Morgan had turned around to stare at him. She had a small smirk on her face as she watched Spencer advance toward him.

"Come on! It's only fair."

"No! Please don't make me show it!"

"Morgan saw it! You can't just show her and not us!"

"I didn't show her it! It was an accident!" he pleaded, staring at Morgan, as if asking for support.

"It was an accident," Morgan said nodding her head.

I watched a small blush form on her cheeks.

"Wait," Spencer paused smiling back and forth between Morgan and Ryan. "Where is this mark?"

"It's no where. Don't worry about it."

"Well I've seen you in your bathingsuit before and I don't remember ever seeing it," Spencer paused before turning to stare at her in awe. "You saw him naked!"

Both Morgan and Ryan were silent, as Morgan turned in her seat and stared down at her knees.

"This is priceless! How did it happen? Was he jerking off? Of gross," Spencer said shivering at he closed his eyes.

"No! Gosh you're such a perv, I just walked in on him changing. It was for a second and then I slammed the door shut," Morgan explained.

I could see her completely avoiding eye contact with me.

"So you saw Ryan naked before Brendon!" Brent yelled.

He clapped his hands together as him and Spencer started chanting it and marching through the kitchen.

"You guys do realize you're making this extremely awkward, and most likely will never be invited over to her house again?" Ryan said with his back to the wall.

Her head was now placed in her hands and then she pushed her hair out of her face.

"It wasn't even a second," she explained looking at me with her green eyes wide.

I laughed. I placed my hand on my stomach as it started to cramp up from the continuing contracting of muscles.

"I could careless if you saw Ryan's dick!"

"Can we please stop talking about my penis? I'd like to change the subject."

"I still want to see it," Spencer muttered sitting down.

"You still want to see his cock?" Brent asked.

Morgan started giggling resting her head on the granite counter.

I continued to clutch my stomach and laugh at the immature thought of Spencer being gay for Ryan.

Soon everyone was laughing even Spencer who was the butt of the joke. After five minutes of losing our breaths everything started to calm down.

"I love you guys," Morgan sided turning her head to rest her cheek on the granite. Her green eyes were wide and blood shot with the lack of sleep. She smiled at me and then squinted her one eye and tried to do a Billy Idol snarl.

"You don't love us all. You hate Ryan," Brent laughed, but was cut short when Spencer smacked him across the back of his head.

"Ow," he groaned glaring at Spencer.

Morgan's snarl was gone, and her eyes were closed.

"I don't hate Ryan," she said rubbing her forehead.

"You don't hate me?" Ryan questioned.

"Of course I don't hate you! You're one of my best friends, Ryan. You just make really rash decisions. I just don't understand why you couldn't wait till summer," she said with her eyes still closed.

He quickly walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

"Don't worry, Morgan. I know I everything is going to work out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, I'm sorry this took so long. It kept on getting deleted and changed. So it's not as good as I liked it.

Also I have no idea if Ryan really has a birthmark, but it would but quite funny.

And it's kind of dull now, but winter always brings the cold out of everything. Which means tricks will come out. =)

Also if you don't comment, I'll write this but keep it to myself. =)))
Have a Happy Holiday!