Jealous Orchard

32

"So where is your lovely piece of meat?" Adam asked before shoving nachos into his mouth.

"Hey! Don't talk about her like that," Taylor said smacking his arm.

"Well I've seen her less than I've seen you, and that's saying a lot."

"I honestly don't know. I thought she was coming with Taylor."

"She was, but then she said she wanted to go get Ryan and surprise him," Taylor said shrugging her shoulders.

Her short bob had grown out to shoulder length and she had started to braid it in random ways causing her to look like a milk maid.

I stared at her as she sipped on the her large soda and gazing at Adam.

"What? She went to his house?"

"Um, I would assume so. She said that she hasn't seen him since the night he came back, and that they needed to talk."

"She's not suppose to go to his house. No one ever goes into his house. Adam why didn't you stop her?" I nearly yelled.

"I didn't know she was going! What's the big deal?" he asked glaring at me.

"She just can't! I have to go get her. I'll see you two later." I said standing up.

I knocked my knee against the plastic table before pushing my way through the glass doors.

I quickly got into my car as I thought of all the things Ryan's dad could do, when Morgan stood outside his house.

________________________________________________

I pulled up to Ryan's house and saw Morgan's car sitting across the street. But that wasn't what made me sick, it was the fact that Ryan's dad's car was park half on their lawn, half on the driveway.

I quickly walked up the lawn to the screen door, and opened it. I knocked twice but no one answered. I tried to wiggle the door handle and opened it.

I looked around slowly, trying to peer into the small living room to the right, but no one was in it.

"Stop it, Ryan. Let me do this!" I heard Morgan's voice travel down the steep stairwell. I quickly ran up them, skipping a step each time, and briskly walked to Ryan's door.

I stopped just short of opening the door. What did she want to do? I was assuming that Ryan's father was asleep. Or more like passed out from all the achohol he drank.

"Morgan," he paused. Things shifted and the bed creaked. "Dear god," he trailed off.

I could already feel the sweat break out on my forehead. It was worse than I thought. I was scared for Morgan's safety and her she was fooling around with my best friend. I took a step back, causing the oak wood panel behind me to squeak, and everything went quite.

"Is he awake?" I heard Morgan whisper.

"No, you'd hear more."

"God damn it, Ryan. You're still bleeding. I mean, I know he's your dad and you love him, but just come stay with me. Please, Ryan. I'll get on my knees and beg if you want."

I stepped closer to the door, the rustling continued, and then a drawer opened.

I quickly pushed the door open. Both of them froze in their spots with pure fright on their faces. A small suitcase was position in between them on the bed. Morgan had a pile of t-shirts in her hands, and Ryan sat on the swivel chair in front of his computer.

But after a second, Morgan's shoulders slumped as she dropped the shirts in the drawer, and quickly walked over to me.

"God, why didn't I think about calling you, Brendon?" she said wrapping her arms around my neck for a brief moment before she pulled away. She nudged me farther into Ryan's room, and closed the door behind me.

"What's going on?" I asked. Even though I knew.

There was a ziplock bag filled with ice wrapped in paper towels on the desk, and Ryan had a small welt forming on his upper arm. He also had a small cut that went across his left cheek; it glistened slightly in the light.

"God, don't act like you didn't know what was going on hear, Brendon! How come no one hasn't done anything?"

"Because they know I don't want help," Ryan answered for me.

"You don't always get what you want. You need to get out of this house. For me, Ryan. For your friends, and the band. For your health!" she said as she placed the pile of clothes into the suitcase. She pulled the cover down, and zipped it up.

"I can't live in your house, Morgan. What about your parents?"

I stood there. Both of them looking at me for help. To help them disprove the other.

"Shut up, Ryan. My parents won't mind."

She quickly picked up the suitcase, but I saw it weigh her arm door, so I walked over to her, and took it from her hands. She held the door open for Ryan and me.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Ryan said shaking his head.

"You're not. I am," Morgan said quiter once we passed Ryan's dad's door.

"And you! Caring my suitcase. You're just as bad!" Ryan pointed an accusing finger. But when Morgan and I both looked up at him, there was a slight smile on his face. Which made me feel less guilty. I smiled back at him.

"It's all going to work out for the better now."

Morgan nodded her head and held open the door again continued looking up the stairwell.

"He's not coming down," I said kissing her forehead before I pushed open the screen door and walking to the sidewalk not knowing which car to go to. I watched Ryan stand in front of Morgan. He was saying something, but I tried to listen to the cars passing, not wanting to step in on their conversation. He pulled her into a brief hug, before pulling away and quickly walking down the front steps.

________________________________________________

"So, this is your room. You have your own bathroom and there are towels. Don't worry about laundry. As long as you seperate it our cleaning lady will wash it every monday."

I watched Ryan stand there staring at Mrs. Lee pointing out where the towels are. Morgan clung to my arm with a small smile plastered on her face.

"I'm going to start looking for a job today, and once I have one I'll start paying rent," Ryan explained.

Both Morgan and her mother broke out into laughter.

"Please, Ryan! Liked we'd make you pay rent! What kind of people do you think we are?" Morgan questioned.

Ryan chuckled slightly but his cheeks burned a bright red.

"Well, I'll let you get settled. Morgan will show you the kitchen, and welcome to the family Ryan."

Morgan clapped her hands together before letting go of me, and spinning in the guest room.

"Now, we can have sleepovers all the time!"

"Just what I wanted!" Ryan said mocking her excitement.

"You'll see. This is going to be sweet."

"I still feel strange. This is extremely strange to me."

________________________________________________

"So, Ryan lives with you now?" Taylor asked staring at Morgan.

"Yup," Morgan said smiling and nudging Ryan.

"That's strange. First you were picking him up to go bowling, and now he's moving in with you," Adam said.

Adam stared at me with curious eyes, and looked back at him but quickly turned away when I felt Morgan's fingers run through my hair. Her arm was wrapped around my shoulders, and her nails started to run down my scalp. She leaned against my arm, and kiss my cheek.

"So what are we going to do?"
________________________________________________

"What are you talking about?" I asked staring at Adam.

We both again sat in my living room, shirtless, watching comedy central.

My younger sister had to go and break the AC.

"I know Ryan is your best friend, but I mean Morgan is a really good looking girl. And I'm not saying that the only thing Ryan is thinking about is hooking up with Morgan, but I mean what's going to happen late at night when they meet in the kitchen in their pajamas?" Adam said taking a sip of his coke.

I stared at him. And then all of a sudden I imagined Morgan sitting on her kitchen's island. Her legs almost bare, except for the short boy shorts she usually wears to bed, and a sports bra. I could see Ryan walking down the steps into the kitchen. Both half naked in the middle of the night. Everyone dead asleep, no one to catch them.

I shook my head and glared at the coffee table in front of us.

"You're crazy. Ryan wouldn't do that to me. He's like my brother!"

"I know that's what you think, and I'm sure he feels the same way. But is that enough to stop horomones?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay even though hardly anyone commented on the last one, I'm giving you this.

Sorry for the mistakes. I'll have to fix them later tonight or tomorrow.