Jealous Orchard

7

"I'm not every good with meeting parents," I said walking back with Morgan.

It was really only twelve o'clock, and even though I had a large Slurpin' Grape. I was starving.

"Come on, I met and sat with your mother alone. I think you can meet mine."

"Alright, but only because you bought me a drink."

"It was a buck," Morgan said slinging her arm over my shoulder.

I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"Yeah, but that was a buck I could have paid."

"Oh hush," she said.

All of a sudden I felt her fingers running though the back of my hair and she started to twirl my short pieces of hair in between her fingers. I looked over at her and she didn't look like she was worried I wouldn't let her, she was just looking ahead.

"You know I never knew you were Mormon. You don't give off the I'm Mormon vibe."

"God, did my mom tell you my whole life story?"

"Basically. But I didn't think it would be such a bad thing," she said tugging at the pieces of hair.

I almost let out a groan.

"I'm not really Mormon. My family is, but I don't consider myself Mormon. My parents are kind of in denial about this situation."

She nodded her head and turned onto her street.

"How's the hop scotch?"

"Pretty intense," she said with a complete serious face.

"Have you done it yet?"

"No, I was working on it in the morning before you came over."

"How far are you?"

"one twenty four."

"Wow, how far have you gone before?"

"How do you know I've done this before?" she asked smiling looking at me.

"Well, I don't know everyone knew."

"Stalker, but it's cute." She looked at me and turned onto her pathway.

"Ready for hell?" she asked.

"What?" Getting slightly nervous.

"I'm kidding. She's nice."

__________________

I could tell where Morgan got her looks from.

Literally, her mother could pass off as her older sister. But not in a bad way , just she looks young for her age.

The one thing that got me was that Morgan only calls her mommy.

"So Brendon, how come I haven't met you yet?"

"Umm, we didn't really start talking until the summer," I said sitting on one of their kitchen chairs.

"Geez Morgan, I'm not going to lie, you know how to wait," she said looking directly at Morgan.

I sat slightly confused not knowing what she was talking about.

"Mommy, Brendon's in a band," Morgan said hand me a plate with a sandwich.

"Oh, now that's fun. What's the name?"

Morgan and I laughed slightly.

"What? Did Morgan already force one of her own names on you?"

"No, but I was introduced to Slurpin' Grape," I said as I watched Morgan twirl her long blonde hair.

"Ah, what happened today?" she asked looking at Morgan.

"Nothing, Brendon just hasn't had one," she said shrugging her shoulders.

I could already tell they were more on the lines of best friends then mother and daughter.

"Well that's good. Oh, when are you going back up to the lake house?" her mom asked turning around from the sink.

"Umm, when do you want me to go up?"

"Well there's this dinner with my boss Friday and I was hoping you'd be there."

"Yeah, Taylor and I will just leave early Saturday or maybe late Friday," Morgan said grabbing my empty plate and putting it in the dish washer.

"Okay mommy, we're gonna go. I love you."

"Love ya too, sweetie. And it was very nice meeting you. Don't be shy and come by again."

----------------------

"Do you need to go home?" she asked me from the hammock we sat on together.

"Why would I need to go home? Oh is this your way of saying you want me to leave?"

"No, I'm surprised Susan let you hang out with me. That's all," she said shrugging.

"She's sick," I said before I could even think about it.

"Ah, so your girlfriend doesn't know," she laughed and leaned back farther.

"I don't want it to seem like you're my second choice, but I mean she's sick," I said also leaning back and looking at her.

"I didn't really think about it that way. Well until now," she laughed.

"Well, now I feel stupid."

"Don't. I know what you meant."

I couldn't help but watch her chest move up and down with every breath she took.

"What are you doing this weekend?"

"What do you want me to be doing this weekend?"

She rolled onto her side and smiled at me.

"Come to the lake house with Taylor and I. Adam is come too."

"Aren't you guys staying for two weeks? I can't with my job," I said trailing off.

"I know that's why Adam is driving up his car, and I'm driving up mine, so you and Adam can leave on Monday or something."

"I'm not going to lie, Susan would be livid if I went with you," I said as all I really wanted to do was say yes.

"You don't have to go. I don't want to make you feel like you have to go," she said while running her fingers through her hair.

She was so pretty at that moment, she was practically asking me to spend the whole weekend with her.

"Well, Susan doesn't control who I'm friends with, or what I do," I said as I watched her smile grow wider.

"So we don't have to have a sneaky friendship?"

"If Susan has a problem, then she'll have to deal with it."

"I'm so excited now!" She said sitting up causing the hammock to swing back and forth.

"When do you want me to come over?"

"I'll pick you up Friday night at like ten. It's only a two hour drive. We should be there probably around twelve. "

"You've had this planned out haven't you?"

"Well, I've been planning it in my head for the past ten minutes, but I wasn't sure if you'd say yes."

"Why wouldn't I say yes to my new BFF?"

"Because usually a girlfriend over rules a friend that's a girl."

"Well, not in this case." My phone went off in my back pocket. It was Adam.

"Are you going to answer it?"

"Nah, it's just Adam."

"Oh, Morgan you're still here good. I need your help with an outfit for tonight." Morgan's mom walked out on the porch.

Morgan looked at me with a sorry face.

"I should probably get going. I didn't tell my mom where I was."

"Okay, bye Bren. See ya Friday."

"Later, Morgan. Bye Mrs. Lee. It was nice meeting you."

"You too sweetie." She waved and Morgan walked through the door she held open.

"What's going on Friday?" I could hear her mom ask.

The whole time I walked home I had the biggest smile on my face, and I didn't care what Susan was going to think.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one is kind of short, but I figured the ones after it will make up for it. ;)

Okay umm yeah comments are nice. Just a fyi