Monsters

Monsters

Walking a road alone was the dumbest thing I have EVER done.

Okay, maybe not, but it was in the top 5.

The streets were silent, calm, and empty, unlike most nights. I was cold, pissed that I didn't grab a jacket at home like any other person with common sense would. I tripped a little on a broken glass, a little irritated that the wind seemed to be laughing at me. I could go for some noise right now. But then again, I was blasting music in my head, I could be losing it.

This was freaking California. Where was everyone?

My spine crawled, but I shook it off and kept walking. It wasn't until a branch snapped that I jerked my headphones off.

I was being paranoid. It's a cemetery shortcut for Christ's sakes.

We are we are the shaken. We are the monsters underneath your bed....

Pull yourself together, Lily, I scolded myself. This kind of crap only happens in the movies and Anne Rice books.

At least, that's what I said before I stumbled into an open grave with no way out.

"Fuck," I gritted my teeth, wincing as I stood up. There was no way I was getting out of this; I'm a five foot two girl in a six foot grave.

"HELP ME!" I heard, making me jump in shock. I heard running around the grave, and I quickly burrowed myself in a corner. A blonde girl around my age fell at the opening of the grave looking at me with wide eyes. I just stared.

What the hell was she running from?

"There you are, pet," a triumphant voice sneered. Soon she was yanked backwards, and all I had to rely on was my sense of hearing. A lot of good it did my nerves, all I heard was whimpering.

Footsteps echoed above me, and I curled my head to see nothing. It was a couple of inches off. Thank goodness no one saw me but her.

"What did I say if you escaped again?" I heard before a pop disturbed the air. No fucking way. Please tell me I wasn't about to witness what I thought I was about to witness.

My hand brushed my pocket. The sound of my iPod became blaringly loud, almost deafening me and attracting the men. It sounded like more than two, if their question of “What was that?” was anything to go on.

I bit my lip and held my iPod so it turned off. I breathed-hopefully they wouldn't think to look in this stupid grave.

As I was forcefully lifted in the air, I started screaming. As a hand clamped down on my mouth, I realized something.

Wishes don't help at all.

I struggled and angrily mumbled, but was yanked back furiously by my captor. "Shut up," he growled. "Before what is about to happens happens."

I immediately snapped my attention to the girl, who was struggling with a really huge guy with a knife in his hands and really sharp teeth. If I had any function of my arms, I would smack myself silly. Vampires, please, don’t make me laugh.

"Believe it doll," her assailant looked up at me. I noticed three others giving me gleaming grins, their fangs showing. This could not end well.

I was proven right; the girl lost the strength to fight after a while. Before I could scream, her throat was cut and her blood was staining a fresh tombstone. Too bad it wasn't hers.

"We're going to have fun tonight," the muscular man crowed before kicking her into the grave. "Bring her to me, Syn."

What does he mean her? Who the hell was he talking about?

I know he wasn't talking about me.

As soon as I was plopped in front of his hungry eyes, I started screaming as loud as I could. I received cold hands on my hand to silence me.

Okay, it was cold but not that cold.

"Vampires," breathed the man behind me. I turned around to see a smirking vampire with a fedora on, flanked by a short and tall man. I heard a growl and turned to my right, only to see a snarling vampire with snakebites.

"Shit," I breathed, stepping backwards. I felt something push me forward and pretty soon five sets of fangs were pierced into my flesh.

I didn't scream, like any normal idiot would. Oh no, I just had to moan. I felt a smile as the murderer said," Aw she likes it."

I tried kicking the short one off of my thigh, but snakebites and fedora held me down. I gasped as the flow of blood left me into the lapping mouths, the patient cool tongues of my attackers. I coughed, trying to move my arms, my neck, anything but my eyes that were currently rolling to the back of my head. I felt something surge in me, but before I could reach the top of the high, almost all of them had gotten off of me.

Forget fighting, I was theirs.

"Shadows," the tall one hissed, "Stop it."

I felt teeth graze my neck, and I stopped breathing, knowing my heartbeat would speed up.

"She's so delicate, like a flower," he murmured in my ear, involuntarily causing me to shiver. "I just want," his tongue flicked out against my earlobe, “more."

"No. That's enough."

"Just a taste," he whispered. I nodded, totally lost in the euphoria he was giving me. "Just one...”

I felt on fire within seconds after his fangs dug into my neck. I screeched in pain and pleasure, reaching up to grab his hair and force his lips, his tongue, and his teeth deeper into my wound.

"MATT!" roared the tall one and the fedora, looking pissed.

I felt the hard ground underneath me, reminding me I wasn't really on a cloud.

"MATT! STOP IT!"

I bit my lip, groaning. I was almost there.

Just when I was about to achieve the biggest high, Shadow's fangs was ripped from me. I whimpered in annoyance, but unable to move, I could only stare at the moon beaming down on me and the trickle of blood dripping along my legs, my wrists, and my neck.

"Do you realize what you've done?!" one of them screeched.

"I don't care! I'll take care of her!"

"You have to kill her," a harsh voice ordered.

"No."

"For fuck's sakes, I'll do it." I heard a shove and was soon yanked off the ground by the one with the fedora. I felt strong hands grip me by the waist and I cried out. "Shut up you stupid bitch." He quickly bit me, but this wasn't pleasurable. It was downright venomous. My skin felt like it was going to be on fire.

I started crying, but was greeted by a slap. It knocked out everything I had left.

"Hush," he tried to comfort me. I wanted Matt back, I tried choking out. But the only thing that could come out was gasps for air.

"Let me do it Jimmy! Please!"

"Shh, princess," I heard, lulling me to sleep. I was ready to close my eyes when a scuffle broke out. I would've investigated, but I couldn't bear to keep my eyes opened.

A cold hand pressed against my lip, wet with something. I hoped it was water; my throat was dry. I let the droplets drop into my mouth, not caring that it was salty and sharp. Pretty soon I could reach up and take a hold of the hand and bit down, trying to strain more into my mouth.

"That's it," Shadows cooed as I kept swallowing. "Keep on going, Lily."

Pretty soon flashes off his smile and his laughter played between my eyes. Before I could get comfortable, a sharp pain jabbed my sides so hard I screamed. The hand was jerked away, and I started convulsing. It hurt, like a thousand trucks ran me over. I arched my back, coughing up a little blood, not ceasing my shrieks and screams.

"What the fuck's happening, Zacky?" the short one whispered as I groaned, gasping.

"She's dying," spat Zacky. "It’s all because Matt couldn't leave her the hell alone."

"Shh," the next two said. Matt just tried to soothe me by putting his hands on my head and hand, but all it did was welcome the cold. After gasping and being stuck in the gasp, I fell to the ground, succumbing to darkness.

It seemed like ages, but when my eyes fluttered open, I didn't feel any pain. I just saw him.

His hazel eyes bore into my blue ones as he stroked my hand.

"Hi," he whispered, showing his fangs and his dimples.

I grinned, showing my new fangs. "Hi."