I Might Just Trust You

The Couch

"Get up Quinn, it's been six days." Jepha said to me in a motherly tone; standing over me with his hands on his hips. It took all my strength not to laugh or smile at that matter.

I was still miserable and didn't want to move from the couch yet. After a few seconds of me not responding to him, Jepha sighed giving up again for what had to be the eighteenth time that day. He walked out of the room and I went back to watching the tube, not fully comprehending what was going on though. I tried to listen to what Jepha was saying to the guys.

"...still seems down." I heard Jepha say.

I had to turn down the volume a little to hear the response from Dan, "Dude give him a break. Let's just leave him alone until he wants to talk to us."

"I guess you're right." Jepha says after a long pause. After his response I drain out the rest of their conversation and go back to watching the television.

My phone starts to ring and falls off the arm rest, hits the wooden floor, and stops ringing. At first I think it broke and get up to inspect it, when I see that who ever was calling just hung up. Curiosity gets the better of me and I pick my phone up from the floor to see who it was. When I see the caller I throw the phone across the room and it hits the wall, hard. Footsteps start making their way to the living room where I've been sitting for the past six days.

"What happened?" Dan questions running into the room with Jepha hot on his heels. They look around the area where they heard the noise and find my phone. Dan picks it up and looks at it in shock.

"Dude you broke it." Jepha said inspecting it when Dan lost interest and walked out of the room and went back to where ever it is he came from.

"She called." My first words in days, Jepha looks at me in surprise and sits down next to me.

I didn't know if he expected me to say more or if he was trying to find something to say, I just sat there staring at the television again. I realize that the t.v. was low so I grab the remote that was on the coffee table in front of us and turn it up. Now my ears start to ring from the unexpected change of sound. I don't know how much time passed when Jepha finally got up from the couch and walked off. I felt a little guilty for treating him the way I was, he didn't deserve it. After all, all he wanted to do was help me get through the break up. Yes, that's the reason why I've been on this couch for the past six days...

-◘-

"Where are we going?" I asked, a smile plastered on my face. Not even the rain that we were running through could wipe it away.

She was still dragging me down the street, water splashing us whenever a car drove by. She looked back at me and gave a weak smile and kept walking. People would move to the side, noticing that we were in a hurry to go some where. Where? I had no clue, yet.

The park. She dragged me to the park. I hadn't been here since I was sixteen. She was still dragging me by the arm and sat me down on one of the swing-sets.

"Why are we here?" I asking, finally pulling my hood over my head so the rain couldn't get me anymore.

She sat down on the swing next to me and started swinging herself, as if I wasn't there. I watched her kick herself off the ground, mud covering her converse now, she didn't seem to mind. After a few more seconds, she stopped her self and kept looking down at the ground, the rain starting to calm a little now.

"Katie, talk to me." I asked, beginning to feel something was wrong.

She was still looking at the ground when she got off the swing and stood in front of me. Tears rolled down her face, instantly I stood up and placed my hands on her face.

"Katie what's wrong?" I asked concerned now, knowing something was defiantly wrong. She shook me away and stood in front of me, her arms folded around her. I tried walking toward her, she backed away.

"Quinn..." she stopped to wipe away some more tears, I just wanted to hold her and make everything bad go away. Then, like a punch in the gut, "I can't do this anymore."

She stood in front of me a little longer, waiting for me to process what she was saying. "I'm sorry." She left me, in the middle of the park, in the middle of the rain. Alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, what do you think?
Should I continue this? :]