I Might Just Trust You

Revived

"Fuck it." I said and got off the couch. I had to get over it, I had to get over her.

I walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. Dan was in there looking for something to eat in the cabinets. I went straight to the coffee machine where there was still a lot of it left. Dan could never finish the coffee he made for himself. So I got a big thermostat out of the cabinet above and poured it all in it. Black coffee, my favorite. Then I walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

"Hey you moved!" I heard Dan say from the bottom of the stairs. I still wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone yet, so I gave him a grunt and made my way up the stairs again.

Entering the room that I share with Jepha, I found him asleep on his bed with Zelda next to him. They were the funniest father and daughter set you could ever see. I sat on my bed and started drinking my coffee. Jepha started to move around a little, I knew he was about to wake up. Spending almost everyday with the same person all the time, you start to notice the little things about them. So I got up from my bed and walked to his. I stood there staring down at him waiting for him to wake up.

"Jesus!" He said when he saw me standing over him.

"I'm not Jesus" I said, laughing and sitting down on his bed. Zelda crawled over Jepha and curled up in my lap.

Jepha sat up and rubbed his eyes while yawning. When he was fully awake he looked at me and smiled. "You're alive."

"Yeah, I guess I am."

"I was worried about you."

"I think you were the only one."

"No, Dan and Bert were too."

"Thanks."

"Of course."

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Jepha started talking again. "You know, it really sucked seeing you sitting on the couch day after day, like you were life-less. When you walked in the door that day, all soaked from the rain, the look you had," he paused to chuckle, "I thought she just told you she was pregnant. Then, she called the next day and asked how you were doing. Obviously I still didn't know what was going on, you were just on the couch watching t.v. like you always do. But she told me why and I wanted to yell at her or something. She has no idea how lucky she was to be with you Quinn. I'm so sorry. Don't worry, you'll get through it like you always do." He got up and started to walk out of the room.

"Jepha?" He turned around to look at me. "Did she say why?"

He looked down at his feet for a second before he looked up at me, "no."

"I don't understand. Why does this always happen to me? I mean, I don't do anything wrong. Am I just not suppose to be with any one longer then a few months? Do they just use me or what?" By then Jepha was sitting next to me, his arm around me.

"I honestly can't answer those questions." He said, letting me go and getting back up to walk out again. He stopped before he was fully out the door, "Quinn, you'll find someone. Someone that will stay with you. Don't worry, that special person will come. Maybe not now, but it will happen." And with that, he walked out of the room to leave me to think about everything he said.

Maybe he is right, for once. Maybe I just haven't found the right person yet. Maybe...
♠ ♠ ♠
It's short, I know.
More next time.
Comments? :]