I Might Just Trust You

The Night I Saw You

"Cut it out!" I yelled at Dan who kept trying to show me his ass. I'd already seen it a lot on tour, I wasn't in the mood to look at it anymore.

"Oh you know you love it!" Dan laughed, sitting back down next to me.

"No, I don't actually." Dan pretended to be hurt by my response, then smiled like a happy child again and went back to the laptop. I swear he's obsessed with that computer.

It has been four months since Katie broke up with me, and four months since I had my little break-down. I've moved on and am having a blast with life. Jepha was surprised on how I've gotten on my own two feet so fast. It had to happen sooner or later; I chose sooner. We had been finished touring for our new album a few months back, and now we were doing a tour called 'The Get A Life Tour'.

"What time is it?" Jepha asked from his bunk.

"Four, I think." I replied, I never knew the actual time, just what I thought it was.

"Dan?" Jepha, knowing he could never rely on the time I give him, asked Dan.

"Twelve thirty." Dan replied; still hooked on whatever it was he was looking at.

"Wow, it's barely noon? What's the next town? I'm getting restless, I need my guitar." With that, I left Dan alone in the back sitting area and went to my bunk to play my guitar. Just as I sat down and was ready to play a few songs the bus stopped, declaring we had reached our next destination.

-◘-

"Land!" Dan screamed, waving his hands in the air while running around the arena parking lot. Jepha fell to the ground laughing when he got out of the bus and saw Dan. When he gained his composer he joined Dan in the crazy-ness of it all.

Bert came stumbling out of the bus still with a tired expression on his face. "Hey it's not as hot here as I expected." I nodded in response and went back in the bus to get a drink.

"We're here Arizona!" I heard Dan yell in the parking lot.

"Quinn we need to do sound check." Jepha said through the Bus window. Forgetting about my thirst, I walked out of the bus and followed Jepha and Dan through the back door of the arena.

"So I'm guessing the other bands got here before us?" I asked as we reached the stage. It was smaller then I had anticipated it to be. It didn't matter though, because I knew our crowds, big or small, it was going to be a great show.

-◘-

My hands glided against the neck of my guitar smoothly. The chords of the song, all engraved in my heart; I truly was savoring every moment of this. The crowd were getting their energy from us, and we were getting our energy from them.

"And we'll savor every moment of this!" Bert screamed into the microphone.

Looking into the crowd I see the girl standing against the barricade that's in front of me jumping up and down screaming her head off; I have to laugh at the sight. She sees me laughing in her direction and stops. I feel like an idiot for embarrassing her and go back to looking at my guitar.

"I want you to repeat after me, it's just one word," Bert stops to stand on top of one of the speakers in front of him, the people up front, immediately start reaching out to him., "ready? Liar! Liar!"

The venue becomes filled with fans screaming the word 'liar' back at Bert. He jumps in the air, which is our cue to start playing 'Liar Liar'. When the first few beats of the song is played, the crowd immediately recognize it and start singing along to the words.

When I look up from my guitar again, I see the girl that is standing in front of me staring up at me. I don't know if she's throwing daggers at me, or just staring at me like all the other girls in front of me are, it was hard to tell from her expression. I smile to see what her reaction would be, she just smiles back and turns to sing along with Bert. For some reason, after that one smile, I want her attention back. So I go and play next to Bert, but she doesn't seem to notice. Failing miserably I go to play next to Jeph, he smiles and starts jumping up and down with his bass then goes back to his microphone. Ending up at my side of the stage again, I see I have gained her attention again.

"Who wants to get up stage?" Bert asks the crowd, of course they all start to jump up and down, wanting his attention. He starts walking back and forth picking people who seemed to really want to get up. The girl, I've been staring at for most of the night doesn't seem like one of them. So I motion her to get up on the stage, she shakes her head no and stays put. As more and more people start to crowd the stage, we begin to play 'Paralyzed'. Through the middle of the song, I try one more time to get her to come up, but she still insists on staying where she is so I decided to leave her alone.

After finishing the song, the people slowly make their way off the stage, some stopping to high five me, or hug me. One person actually threw herself around me, which was pretty scar, but I didn't mind. There are some fans even creepier then that. Finally when they were all off the stage we began playing 'Sick Hearts' a song off our new EP called 'Shallow Believer', which is basically just a bunch of songs that we had recorded but never made it on one of our records. During the song, Bert got the guys from the band Street Drum Corpse to come out on stage and play with us. When that happened I noticed the girl in front of me, start to leave. Knowing there was nothing I could do to stop her, I went back to playing, and tried to put her in the back of my mind. As much as I tried through the rest of the show, I couldn't stop thinking about her.

"Tempe, you guys were amazing! Thank you! We are, The fucking Used!" And with that, we filed off the stage to get cleaned up and go to the signing we had to attend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the lack of updates!!! It's just for the fact that it's summer and I'm just trying to make the best of it.
I promise to update as often as I can. When the school year begins, I'm pretty sure I'll update a lot more.
Thanks for reading and commenting.
I'm working on the next part, which should be up tomorrow or the next day.
:]