I Might Just Trust You

Ashley

Ashley Carton, was twenty three years old; she had recently just moved in with Quinn, to her, things where working out just as she hoped. Quinn was totally committed to her and meeting her needs.

She was in the kitchen making dinner thinking about how crazy everything was. Ashley couldn’t believe that she had been able to become Quinn Allmans girlfriend. Who wouldn’t feel like they were in a dream? Ashley was thinking about the first time she laid her liquid blue eyes on him. She was walking down the street with her dog Rocket, when Rocket got loose from his leash Ashley had to chase Rocket through the busy streets before someone cornered him for her. This someone just happened to be Quinn, she saw him and time seemed to stand still, as also to Quinn. They talked, and soon enough they were falling for each other. They went on a few dates but then it was time for Quinn to go back on tour. Ashley and Quinn tried sticking together while he was away, but she just couldn’t handle a long distance relationship, in other words, she found a new guy. One night when Quinn called her after a show, she broke the news to him and that was the end of her and his relationship. Or so you’d think.

It’d been posted all over the internet about Quinns break-up with his recent girlfriend Katie, which Ashley decided to go back to him. It had been about a year since she broke it off, but figured he would take her back. One day she decided it was time to rekindle the fire with Quinn and went to his apartment…

Walking up those familiar steps brought a soft smile to her lips. She lightly tapped on the front door and heard some shuffling. The door slowly opened, and there, with his messy blond hair and cute sleepy eyes stood Quinn.

They stood there, for who knows for how long. Quinn couldn’t process the fact that Ashley was standing at his doorstep. “Hey” He finally uttered, she smiled.

“I’m sorry.” And with that, it was as if they were never apart.


Just as Ashley began to drain some spaghetti noodles she heard the front door open and close. Footsteps approached the kitchen, instantly Ashley knew who it was of course.

“Hey baby, how was the studio?” She asked walking over to him, giving him a tender kiss on the cheek.

“It was great. The guys and I are hitting new ground!” He wrapped his arms around her waist to steal an innocent kiss. She grinned and kissed him back.

“I’m glad, I can’t wait to hear what you’re recording.”

“Ditto. Right now we’re just recording some drum melodies. It’s going to be a couple weeks before we even get to guitar rhythms.”

Before Ashley could continue the conversation further, a light knock on the door interrupted her.

“Sweetie, could you get that?” Ashley asked, in the process of making her special spaghetti sauce.

Quinn walked over to the door thinking it was probably Jeph wanting some company. He’d just recently broke off a serious relationship that was going nowhere for the both of them.

“Jeph, you know you don’t have to knoc-“ Quinn stopped mid-sentence seeing who was at the door. “What are you doing here?”

“Sorry, is this a bad time? I just wanted to see you. I haven’t talked to you since, well you know.” Chris was standing on his porch looking as beautiful as ever.

“Quinn, who is it?” Ashley called from the kitchen, pots and pans suddenly falling all over the kitchen. “F-“

“Uh, yeah it’s just Dan; I’ll be back in a few minutes okay?” Quinn called back.

“Okay, dinners almost ready. So hurry back.” And with that Quinn closed the front door behind him and escorted Chris off his property, somewhere Ashley wouldn’t see them talking; the street corner where other pedestrians were walking by.

“Sorry, I really didn’t mean to just drop by like this. I just wanted to see you.” Chris started.

“Yeah, I know. It’s just, after that night, I came back,” Quinn paused, closing his eyes so tight he felt they would explode from the force of his eyelids. “I just don’t know. I feel so stupid for saying all those things to you. I meant them, of course, it’s just like I said I’m not good at break ups. Ashley wants to be with me, she came back.” Quinn tried frantically to explain to Chris, searching her eyes for a response. All he could see was the hurt in her eyes.

Chris nodded, forcing herself not to break down in front of him. “You better get back; don’t want your dinner to get cold.” She turned and never looked back, leaving Quinn on the street corner to his thoughts.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been ages since I've posted. Please let me know if the direction of this story is going smoothly.
-Thanks