Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

Saskea's new beau

Yumi's POV

After me and Saskea went for the little walk and talked about Sasuke, she decided to go to bed early because she didn't have anything to do. So, I went to sleep too. In the morning, I woke up, did my daily morning routine and ate breakfast with Saskea and Sara. Saskea said she needed to go early for an important mission with her team, so she packed the necessities and left. I looked at Sara for awhile and she looked confused.

"What is it Yumi?" She asked.

I sighed. "I don't know... Sasuke didn't believe Saskea at all. He called her an impostor."

"Oh my god. Why?" She looked worried.

"Duh! Because he's a dumb ass!" I looked angry.

"I hope she deals with it okay. Well, off to the training fields!" She stood up and went to the kitchen.

"Bye Sara!" I waved as the door closed. I better go too. As I was walking to the bridge, I started thinking of lots of things; Sasuke, Saskea, Shii that I haven't seen in days! Hmmm, I wonder where she is right now. Not that I care or anything, it's just weird that I haven't seen her since I met her! I reached the bridge, waited for Kakashi with the others as usual until he appeared. Surprisingly, he gave us the day off for some reason. Maybe the chunin exams are really close and it's time to rely on ourselves.

So, I decided to ask the Hokage about Shii. I walked back to the village square and reached the big building. I went inside, knocked on the Hokage's door and entered.

"Good morning Lord Hokage." I bowed politely.

"Good morning Yumi. Why aren't you with your team training?" He asked.

"Kakashi sensei gave us the day off. I figured it means the chunin exams will be starting soon." I replied.

"Yes, this is quite true. He has always been like this."

"Well, you see, I am here to ask about Shii Shikinosu. I just want to know where she is and stuff. Not that I care or anything." I started.

"Oh, Shii. She has been assigned to Squad 4 with Len Satori and Lukashi Izan. But Shii asked my permission to go visit her friend in a village near here." He explained.

Lord Hokage gave me directions to the village where Shii was. I first had to tell Sara so I went to her training field and found her practicing with her squad.

"Sara!" I called out for her. She saw me and they all looked at me.

"Yumi? What are you doing here?" She asked.

"I will be on a solo mission to visit someone. In a village near Konoha. I just wanted you to know so that you don't go ballistic." I answered.

"Okay. You're a grown girl now. When will you be back?" She asked again.

"By tomorrow morning I suppose." I said.

"Take good care of yourself Yumi." She said.

"I will. Bye Sara!" I gave her a teddy hug and waved to the others. Then, I went back home to pack some stuff I needed for this mission. I walked out of the village and into the woods; following the Hokage's directions. As I was walking, I saw scratches on the tree branches and kunai on the ground. 'Hmm. Somebody's been here. I better watch out for any assassins.' I thought. After two hours of walking, I decided to take a rest. I sat under the shade of a tree and looked at the directions the Hokage gave me. I was close but not quite yet.

After an hour of rest, I hit back the road. I started walking again while eating a riceball for a snack. The sun was already setting and I was close this time. After another two hours of walking, I reached the village at night. It was a long day! I went in and started looking for some directions. I started going from person to person describing Shii. Some said they never saw her and some said she stayed in a hotel right next to a restaurant. I walked to the hotel and asked the receptionist about Shii but she said that "The purple haired girl with the attitude left the hotel a few hours ago. She was looking for her friend but she left and lived somewhere else." I was too late. So, I booked a room for one night and took the slot.

After entering the room, I put my stuff on the bed, layed on it for awhile. Then, I opened the window and sat on the edge. The stars were beautiful and shining brightly so I decided to sit outside for awhile. I already found a door which led to the window view. I walked outside and sat on the ground, looking at the stars. A few minutes later, I heard someone call my name. I looked back and saw a figure standing.

"Yumi?" I heard someone call. I came closer to the figure that was calling me. It was Saskea!

"Yumi, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Well, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I was on a mission." She replied.

"Oh, I was here to see a friend but she left and lived somewhere else." I said. It was true. This was Shii's old village. Maybe she was back for a reunion with her friend.

"Oh." She said.

"Well, I'm gonna go watch some TV." I said.

"Ok."

"Bye."

As I started walking to my room door, I saw someone with Saskea. It was Kiba! This is gonna be juicy. I hid behind a tree and watched them. They walked outside infront of the tree and started talking. Yeah yeah, bla bla bla. Suddenly, I saw them kissing! I moved from behind the tree and stood a few feet away from them.

"Saskea and Kiba sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" I sang.

Saskea looked embarrassed and saw me. "YUMI!!! I THOUGHT YOU ALREADY LEFT!!!" She growled.

"Well, ahem, uh, you see... I was walking.... ummm, then I stopped for a while to see what was going on." I hesitated. "Hehe. Funny huh?" This was my cue to run away from these lovebirds. The next minute, they started running after me. Uh oh! Danger! "I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please don't kill me!!!" I said as I was running away from them.

To be continued.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh. Saskea and Kiba sitting in a tree! That was pretty funny. Stay tuned for more!