Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

Walking through the doors of the Chunin Exams

Yumi's POV

And so the story continues... I am still confused that there are missing parts from our lives that I only remember, nobody knows about it. Or should I say nobody remembers anything about it. I am now informed that my best friend's name has changed from Saskea to Kimura. Sasuke has finally come to his senses to the fact his sister is Kimura with the help of Zane and I am in the middle of this whole thing. I have no idea what is going on, except the fact that there is something going on... Could it be Orochimaru messing with my life? Could he possibly be thinking of doing that to distract me during the Chunin Exams? If he is, he so owes me big time; for messing with me and killing my family. Just I believe that Kimura is actually lucky to have 2 members of her family, not just one. I, on the other hand, am struggling to find out if there are any other survivors from the Kyoro clan. There is something which is bothering me, the Chunin Exams include people from other villages. Will there be any squads from the sound village? Like, what if Orochimaru disguises himself with his team just to get to me? Why is it me he wants? What about Sara? She is part of the family as well. I know that she knows about it! But, we won't give up til we defeat that Slytherin scum.

"Yumi! Yumi, snap out of it!", a voice said cutting my thoughts. I looked and saw Kimura and Sara looking at me.

"Yeah, what is it?", I said looking at them.

"You were lost in your thoughts as usual", Sara said.

"Umm, sorry for being so thoughtful. You should take my brain out if you don't like me lost in my thoughts", I said.

"Very funny. Now hurry up and eat or you'll be late for the Chunin Exams. Saskea has already finished her food", she said.

"Uh, Sara. Her name's Kimura now", I said.

"I beg your pardon", she questioned.

"Yes, it's a long story. My name is now Kimura not Saskea. That's what my mother wanted", said Kimura.

"Oh, alright. Now I better get going, I should be meeting up with my team any minute now", Sara said.

We both waved to Sara as she left to the door. Kimura and I kept staring at each other.

"Why are we looking at eachother like that?" , I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe because I wanted to tell you that I want to eat that riceball", she pointed at my plate.

"Here you can have it. Now, let's get going", I said.

"Right."

We both walked through the door all packed with weapons and our application forms. As we were walking to the academy, I looked at Kimura with confusion.

"Kimura, you really don't remember anything about Kiba? Not even a little hint?" , I asked.

"Nope", she said.

"Hmm, I am kinda worried about the Chunin Exams. It will be fun kicking butt but is it gonna be as hard as everyone is saying?", I asked.

"We'll just have to go and find out", she said.

Suddenly, a foam of mist filled the air and I couldn't see a thing. I could feel Kimura disappeared next to me. Then out of nowhere, I saw her standing a few feet away from me.

"Hey, Yumi. I wanted to tell you that I think you're really weak and dumb. And you don't stand a chance in the Chunin exams", she said.

"Excuse me?"

"Yeah, you heard me", she said.

I looked at her as I noticed something weird. Her headband, it was the rain village not the leaf. I realized this wasn't Kimura, just an imposter.

"Oh yeah? Imposter", I did hand signs and exposed the jutsu. It was a fat masked ninja from the Rain village. I kicked him in his stomach as he flew away and poofed. "That was close."

Kimura's POV

I felt a slight breeze as a foam of mist appeared and a masked ninja was standing. I looked at him as he threw kunai knives at me but I dodged them and my Sharingan appeared. I started doing some hand signs and blew fire from my mouth. As the fire was over, he poofed. Wow, that was totally close.

The mist disappeared and I looked around to see Yumi as well.

"Yumi!" I shouted.

"Kimura!" We both hugged. "You won't believe what I saw!"

"A totally weird ninja attacked me!" We both said in unison.

"He was fat and masked", Yumi said.

"Yeah, I saw him too", I said.

We both walked until we reached the academy as we saw squads lined up.

"It's time!", Yumi said.

"I just wanted to tell you good luck Yumi! You're gonna do great!", I said.

"Thanks Kimura! Right back at ya!", she smiled as she waved to me and walked to her team.

Yumi's POV

"Hey guys!", I said to everyone.

"Hey Yumi!", Naruto and Sakura said. Sasuke was silent as usual.

"Ready for the Chunin Exams?", I asked.

"Yeah! Believe it!", yelled Naruto as usual.

"Good, let's get going then!", I smiled as we all entered the academy.

Meanwhile, Orochimaru's POV

"Are we still stuck to our plan, Lord Orochimaru?", Kabuto said.

"Yes, soon enough during the Chunin Exams. Sasuke and Yumi will be mine!", I said licking my lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 19! I know the title is crappy but I didn't have a choice! Stay tuned for chapter 20.
Me and Cam will take turns in the chapters so she is going to write chapter 20 and I will write 21 and so on.

-Just Jayjay