Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

The tenth question: All or nothing!

Yumi's POV

AAAAAH!

I flinched at the voice in my head.

'Hey Yumi. It's me, Kimura!!! Uh, can you hear me? Maybe not. Say something!' ,said the voice.

I bit my lip. Am I going insane? Kimura's in my head!

'Kimura!?! You and your Sharingan better get outta my head! I'm trying to concentrate here! This is an Exam!' ,I thought.

'Sorry. But it's not my Sharingan's power.HEY!! YOU CAN REPLY!!! You can contact people by thought ,too?! This is sick!! WOW!'

'Uhh. I don't know. It's called Telekinisis.I can tell whats going on in the future and stuff. Reading minds and stuff.'

I heard her gasp.

'Kimura! Kimura, what is it?' I looked at Kimura to see a kunai going her way. Then it landed at the guy next to her. Phew, that was close. For a second there, I thought Kimura and her team were goners. He got caught cheating too. Poor guys, they're the unfortunate ones in life.

"And now, for the tenth question... You can choose whether you want to answer it or not", said Ibiki. Everyone started murmuring.

"But", Ibiki continued. "There are also some rules for it".

Oh great! More rules we need to follow.

"If you choose not to answer it, then you will be disqualified from the Chunin Exams...", he said. The murmuring started again. Most of it was Sure we'll answer it.

"And if you choose to answer the tenth question... and get it wrong, then you will also be dis qualified forever", he said.

"Aw, for pit sake! Now you're just getting ridiculous", I mumbled.

Suddenly, a guy stood up. "I can't do this anymore! I'm sorry guys..." Then more teams started giving up. They were like nine teams who left. Naruto could raise up his hand. Well, if we get it wrong, we could get disqualfied forever. And, I'm not willing to take a chance. Naruto is... well, he is Naruto. There's always next year. But still, maybe he could be lucky enough to get it right! *sigh*

'Kimura. Kimura, can you hear me?' I said.

'Yeah, Yumi. I can. So, are you gonna answer the tenth question?' she said.

'Well, I know I'll do fine. So will Sakura and Sasuke. But Naruto is... somehow he might not stand a chance. There's always next year but I don't want that heroic Naruto then he gets it wrong and we all get eliminated' I said.

'You're right. Even though Hinata could help him. She's smart', she said.

Suddenly, Naruto raised his hand. I could tell everybody dropped their jaws. I did as well. This is it, good choice Naruto.

"Listen up! You cannot threaten me with this stupid rule! I don't care if I lose! I'll still be hokage someday!", he yelled. Everybody gasped.

Well, well. He got some guts.

"Hm", smiled Ibiki. "So, you know the lesson behind the Chunin exam? You need to gather the slightest information around you even if you're threatened. Wrong information is worse than no information at all. And this is just what we're trying to tell you. Ninja should always be careful with their mission. If they get it wrong, this will lead to downfall ". He took off his Leaf headwrap. There were scars and wounds all around his head. "And even if it leads to cheating, it's better to leave it instead of getting it wrong". He put on his headwrap again.

"Hold on, wait a minute! You mean there was no tenth question!?", a blond girl with four pigtails asked.

"Not even one. The others who gave up didn't understand that. However, all of you made the right choice by not giving up and there were two ninja in disguise with you. They knew all the answers", he said. "So now you all pass the first round of the Chunin Exams".

"Alright!", yelled Naruto. I smiled as everyone was glad.

"So, we all proceed to the next round right sensei?", I asked.

"That's right", he said.

"Kee-ya! I did it! About time I appeared in the story!", said the Inner Yumi.

Four Kunai flew by the window and on the chalkboard. A big cloth unfolded and a female ninja jumped in front of it. "Okay maggots! Are you ready for Round 2 of the Chunin Exams!?"

"You're...early...again", said Ibiki. The woman turned blue.

"I am?"

"Yes, you are".

"Hey, the number this year in your class is bigger than last year. You must be getting soft", she said.

"Or maybe a stronger batch of ninja this year", Ibiki said.

"I don't think they'll survive when they're with me", she smirked. Everyone was questioning about her. That woman is somehow lame and somehow dumb. She looks somehow familiar. As she was looking around, she laid eyes on me and narrowed it a bit.

"Next round is the Forest of Death. I need you all to meet me tomorrow at the spot your senseis will tell you about. See you all tomorrow!", she said. "Hey you!" She pointed at me. Everyone started looking at me. "Come here", she said. Uh oh. Did she hear me? I went over to her.

"Are you Yumi Kyoro?" she asked.

"Um, yes I am", I said. "Wait a minute, Anko?"

"Yup, it's me!"

"Anko! Long time no see!" I smiled.

"You two know eachother?" Ibiki asked.

"Oh yeah, we totally do!" We both said in unison. Of course, neither of us wanted to talk about our sensei, Orochimaru. But atleast I found a childhood friend!

Flashback

I was seven. I was at Orochimaru's lair; my sensei. I made friends with all his students. I was somehow close with Anko. She was abit older than us. I recalled our memories together until I left when I found out Orochimaru killed my parents.

End of Flashback

"It's great to see you again, Anko!" I smiled.

"Likewise Yumi", said Anko.

"Hey, does that mean you'll go easy on us?" I asked.

"Nope. Still rough round. You'll survive, if you're strong enough to handle it".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kabuto's POV

"So are we going to meet them tomorrow, Lord Orochimaru?" I asked.

"Yes, your information helps me alot, Kabuto. Did you collect information on them?" asked Lord Orochimaru.

"Yeah. It appears there're new Uchiha survivors. Sasuke's sister; Kimura. And their cousin; Zane. I think it will be a whole lot of ninja", I said.

"Wait. I only want Yumi, Sasuke and Kimura. We'll spare Zane just in case. I want to see some reaction as well", he said.
♠ ♠ ♠
I did the rest of the chapter for Cam. But she's been a great help! Thanks a lot Cam! :D

-JJ_Jayjay