Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

The Forest of Death I

Yumi's POV

"This whole place just completely creeps me out", said Sakura.

"It should. They call it The Forest of Death. And soon enough you'll find out why", said Anko

"Oh, come on Sakura. Where's your sense of uh... *sigh* Never mind", I said.

Suddenly Naruto looked ticked and he started dancing like a chicken; shaking his butt and imitating Anko. "They call it the forest of death. And soon enough you'll find out why", he said in a baby voice. Ugh, there goes the great knuckle head ninja!

"Do your worst! You're not gonna scare me away! I can handle anything!" said Naruto.

"Sweet peas, Naruto! Do you always have to look heroic!?" I said.

"So, looks like we got ourselves a tough guy", Anko smiled. Suddenly, her smile turned to a frown. She threw a kunai at Naruto which landed near a weird grass village lady and slit Naruto's cheek. We all backed away to watch. Anko appeared behind Naruto. "You tough enough to handle it? You're not afraid, are you?" She held his right cheek. "Guys like you usually leave their blood all over this place". She put her finger on his left cheek to touch his blood. Oh man, not the blood thirst! She took out another kunai when the weird grass village lady handed out the other kunai to Anko with her tongue.

"I was... just returning your knife", said the grass village lady.

"Why thank you, grass ninja", said Anko. "You know, I really only recommend you stand this close behind me... if you wish to reach a premature end". Anko took her kunai back and the grass lady slurped her tongue back inside her mouth.

"My pardon", said the grass ninja lady, "with the sight of blood on your blade slicing through my um... I'm afraid that I just got a little excited. I meant you no harm", she giggled and walked away.

"Likewise", said Anko. I came up to her.

"What the hell was that all about? You didn't have to be all bloody hells. And that grass ninja, she looked all... tongue wrapping", I said. Then I noticed Naruto sticking out his tongue. "And there's the inspiration!"

"Well, it looks like everyone here is quick tempered. Must be something in the air", she chuckled. "This is gonna be fun".

"Now before we begin this test, I have something to hand out to you all", she took out papers from her jacket. "It's a standard consent form. Before the test, all of you are gonna have to read over this form and then sign it", she explained.

"What for?" asked Naruto.

"Some of you may not be coming back from this test and I have to get your consent to that risk. Otherwise it would be my responsibility", she started laughing for no clear reason. "Now I'll explain what you'll be doing on this test".

She looked at Naruto. "Here, pass these out". Everyone was passing the papers by. Sasuke gave me the rest of the papers as I handed the rest to Shikamaru.

"Now the first thing you need to know about this test is that it will test everyone of your survival skills", she explained. Survival skills? That must mean we're camping in that forest. "First, I'll give you all a description of the terrain on the practice field. The 44th battle training zone will have 44 locked entrance gates. There are rivers and a forest inside. In the center, there's a locked tower located 10 kilometers from each gate. It's in this confined area that you will undergo the survival test. The test consists of... any battles to get your hand on one of these scrolls".

"Both of them?"

"Yes. You'll be fighting to get a heaven scroll and an earth scroll", she continued.
"Altogether, 26 teams are entering this test. Half the teams will be fighting for the heaven scroll while the other will be fighting for the earth scroll".

"So, how do we pass?" asked Kimura.

"The test of survival is about surviving in there. There's also a time limit. You must finish the test within five days".

"You mean camping?" I asked.

"Yeah, only with no tent and you should hunt for your own food", said Kimura.

"Oh, that kind of camping". Everyone started talking about what a challenge this is.

"Well, I suppose it will be fun. Especially what happens after we pass".

"So, let's say we don't wanna pass. Can we quit?" asked Shikamaru.

"Of course not. You're in a middle of a battle, you can't say 'Sorry I quit'".

I laughed. "That would be totally dumb, Shikamaru. But it's so you from the looks of it".

"You tryin to say something Kyoro?" He looked at me.

"Go ahead and make a big deal of it, Nara!" I said.

"Okay okay. Settle down. There are other ways you could be disqualified. The first is very simple. If a team can't make it to the tower with both scrolls", said Anko.

"Duh", I said crossing my arms.

"The second is when a member can't make it or is unable to continue. And most of all, none of you, absolutely none of you should ever open the contents of the scroll", she continued.

"What happens if it flaps open and you read it?" asked Naruto.

"Let me put this way to you, young man. You. Don't. Want. To. Know".

I sighed. "So, it must have stuff that Kakashi reads or something".

"You'll go exchange your consent forms over there for the scroll and you choose the gate you want to enter through". She sighed. "A word of advice, just don't die!!"

Dang, she sure knows how to make rookies feel better alright. *sigh*

I looked at my consent form and started reading it. Me and Kimura were wishing ourselves luck because we'll need it.

"Hello? Yumi! You're not supposed to sympathize with the enemy! Have you forgotten, that's Kiba's squad!" I heard Naruto yell.

I sighed. "Naruto" I said putting my hand on his shoulder, "Kimura's my best friend. I don't have anything to do with you and Sasuke's rivalry against Kiba and Shino", I continued. "Besides, you were talking to Hinata. I didn't go all 'you're not supposed to sympathize with the enemy' on you". Kimura laughed. "It's okay. It will be fun kicking butt. Especially you, Yumi. I really wanna fight you", she said. My eyes widened then I smirked. "Wow Kimura. I was somehow thinking the same thing". We both smirked and shook hands that we will both fight in the Chunin Exams hopefully. But not in this round, because that way we could sabotage our chances of winning this round to be able to fight in the next round.

I looked and saw that they were covering the exchange table with a curtain. Well, of course! They don't want us to know what the other teams have got. Smart, I could use my vision to find out but then I would be caught cheating then get disqualified. *sigh* Ibiki's words did leave a mark alright. What a challenge. As I looked around, Sakura and Ino were fighting. Again. Divas... It's all about Sasuke. Pfft. There's also Sara's team. They look quite a challenge, especially when there's an Uchiha as well. I just hope he's not as melon headed as Sasuke. He looks more mature than him.

"Alright everyone! We're gonna be handing out scrolls!" said the guy from the exchange table. When it was our turn, Naruto gave the man our forms and he gave us the scroll. Anko said it's time. We were set to enter through gate 12. Naruto started his strong and sharp lines as usual.

"Well, if you don't set it back twice as hard, how are we supposed to pass?" I said.

When it was 2:30, Anko yelled "Okay, heads up you maggots! The second part of the test has begun!"
The guy opened the gate for us and we entered. "Alright! Here we go guys!" yelled Naruto.

"Let's do this!" I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so me and Cam were working at the same time (without knowing it) on different stuff. But she will be able to edit this chapter. Sorry Cam, but you will have to do the other chapter yourself... :( I worked on this so hard, I was so glad that I will finally post it. I'm sorta having a writer's block right now.
Unless you give me ideas for chapter 25.

-JJ_Jayjay