Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

The Scrolls Message

Naruto and Sakura held the scroll.Yumi and Sasuke stood behind them and watched tentatively.Their hands trembled as they gripped onto it tightly.

"Um,not to be rude or anything , you guys, but we don't have enough time for dramatic effect.We might bored the readers.We have to get this over with.Come on! Keep it moving! Open it!" Yumi said impatiently.

Sakura flinched and glared at her."O.K. already! Gosh."

She opened the heaven scroll while Naruto opened his.All their faces were full of shock.

"AGH! This is a summoning type jutsu!" Yumi screamed as she ran back with Sasuke to keep a good distant.

"NARUTO! SAKURA! Let them go!" Sasuke yelled.

They stared and watched the scrolls produce a large puff of smoke.Naruto pointed his finger at its direction."Hey!You're...".

The man with a scar over his nose looked up and smiled."Heh.Long time no see,Naruto."

Naruto grinned but his face was all blank and puzzled.He looked so clueless like the dunce he is.Sakura must still be in shock 'cause she looked startled......and angry.

"Huh? Why is Master Iruka summoned?" Naruto asked.

"At the end of the second exam it is set up so we Chunins meet up with the exam takers. Luckily I was allowed to be the person to greet you.Phew,and I made it just in time too. Anyways,congratulations.You have passed the second part of the Chunin Exams.I'd like to celebrate by buying you all ramen but...."

Naruto pounced on Iruka."WE DID IT!" he shouted happily."We did it ,we did it,we did it! I'm SO HAPPY!"

Iruka smiled kindly.Sakura and Sasuke slid onto the floor and sighed in relief.Yumi kneeled on the floor.They were all relieved the second part was over.What more has there to come?

"Seems you haven't changed a bit,Naruto.With your inability to relax."

"If we opened the scrolls during the test,what would happen?"Yumi questioned almost randomly.

"Ah,sharp you are,Kyoro.If you had opened it during the test,I would have put you in a state of unconsciousness throughout the whole remaining period.Those were my orders."

"Oh.Good thing these idiots over here were stopped," Sasuke snorted.

Sakura looked taken aback.She bowed her head and whimpered.Why does Sasuke-kun have to be so cold? she thought.

Naruto clasped his hands together and looked up at the ceiling as if he was praying."Kabuto-san,thank you so much.You saved Sakura's and I's butt."

"So,what do the words on the wall say? Some words are missing.We can't figure it out."

"WHO CARES!" Everyone stared at Naruto annoyingly.Sakura clenched her fist to stop herself from punching him.Dang,why does she want to hurt him so badly?

"That's the reason I am summoned here.It isn't a trick question actually.Just think about it. If you lack Heaven,seek wisdom.Naruto,for example,is stupid.He must prepare himself for future missions."

Sakura giggled quietly as they listened.

"If you lack Earth,like Sakura,It means you don't have much ability to fight. Therefore,she must run into a open field and find an advantage.Am I right? Instead of following around the guy she likes."

Yumi snorted."Heh heh.Stalker."

Iruka adjusted his headband and smiled at each of them sincerely.Yumi watched Sasuke closely.Sakura noticed and glared at the back of her head. Sasuke must still be in pain somehow. His hand absent-mindly slid over the curse mark on his neck. The voice of Iruka sensei brought her back.

"Well.That is all I am allowed to tell you.Ganbatte ne.I'll be seeing you all soon.You know where to go.But don't push yourselves too hard.Especially you,Naruto."

"Don't worry,sensei.Didn't I tell you? From now on,when I have this headband on,I'm no kid. I'm a ninja! And count on it! I will protect everyone and someday be Hokage.Believe it!"

"Heh.Gomen,Naruto.I'll be seeing you all later.Until then." Iruka disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Naruto jumped up and stared around wildly."Oh no! I forgot!"

"Way to go,genius. No need to worry since we actually have brains unlike you."

"Naruto growled and held up a fist."Don't call me that,pretty boy."

"What the hell did you just call me?"
They came up at each other,hot steam coming out of their nose and ears. Sakura sighed. Yumi quickly got up and smacked the back of their heads.She looked angry. She grabbed their ears viciously."Bakas! Just what the hell are both your problems. Save the fighting for later. We have somewhere to go unless you want to fail."

"Whatever,"they grumbled.

She let them go.Naruto rubbed his now red ear.

Kimura's POV

We stood along with everyone else,side-by-side before the hokage and teachers.There weren't many people here yet. Probably about three squads.I wonder how Yumi and her team is doing? They have to hurry or It'll be too late! I looked around.Shii's team made it. They only reason I noticed her was because Len Satori beside her.Pfft. Not that I like him or anything. Shii looked at me with dislike. Maybe more dislike than she puts toward Yumi. Is it because I'm her 'boyfriend's' sister? What did I do wrong? Then,she did something that really ticked me off and she knew it would. She rested her head on Len's shoulder 'lovingly' and ran her fingers through his hair. I acted calm like it was no big deal. As If it didn't affect me even though blood was boiling inside my head. Len looked extremely uncomfortable. Like he didn't want to be here. Or he didn't want to be around her. He smiled weakly at me. I looked away. A hand touched my shoulder. I turned my head slowly. Yumi and her team stood beside me. She grinned.

"Kimura? Hello? Earth to you.Are you okay?" she said.

"Huh? Oh.Um.Yeah.Fine," I replied reassuringly.

She looked where I had and took in a breath."Oh my gosh! Shii----Len? They're----What?!"

I shrugged."She thinks she can piss me off."

"So you like Len,don't you?," Yumi asked smugly.

"Eh? No I don't," I objected.

She waggled her eyebrows."Yes,you do!"

"Congratulations on succeeding the second part of the test." Anko shouted.Heh heh.Among all of the seventy-eight participants,I'm surprised twenty-one got this far.she thought

Kakashi's POV

"Your team is pretty good,Kakashi.But when my team's around,it's impossible for them to go any further.It might just be luck.Youth times can be sour and sweet,eh?"

"I'm sorry.Did you say something?" I asked confusingly.

"Stop acting so cool,Kakashi.You are my rival!"

I sighed,completely embarrassed to be around a person like him.

Author's POV

"'ALRIGHT! LISTEN UP,MAGGOTS,"Anko yelled through her microphone."The hokage has something to say! He will now explain the third test so listen carefully! Hokage-sama......".

"Yes," he answered calmly."But before I explain,there is something I need to tell you all. It concerns the true reason of the exam."
♠ ♠ ♠
Heh.Sorry.I had to type this again.Yep.Very tiring.But it was pretty fun.lol.I can't wait for more!
PS-Ganbatte ne= Good Luck
Gomen=Sorry

-Cam