Status: UNDER TEMPORARY RECONSTRUCTION

A Painful Life

The Preliminary Round

Author's POV

"First before I say anything, I would like to congratulate you all for passing this exam", said the Hokage.

They all looked to see how many have passed. "Whoa, 26 have passed? I gotta say, losing 52 from the total 78 is rather a big number", thought Yumi.

"Look, Sasuke's team have passed too", said Ino lovingly.

"Of course they did, after all the trouble we've been through for them", thought Shikamaru. "So there's still a big number? This sucks!"

Yumi and Kimura both glared at Shii then Yumi looked around to see if Gaara has passed and he did. She was really pleased.

She looked at the sensei and found Orochimaru glamoured as a sensei for the Sound ninja. "Everyone must be pretty dumb not to notice unless he's put some sort of Genjutsu and I'm the only one who can see it. What about Kimura… can she see it too?" The hokage's voice snapped Yumi back to reality.

"26 of you have passed and mainly they're all rookies", said the hokage.

"I can't say that I'm getting a good feeling", said Sasuke. Yumi looked at him suspiciously. "He's obviously still in pain but he just can't admit it!"

"Now the true reason for this third part of the exam, but before I tell you, there's something you need to know", said the Hokage. "Why do we have all the allied countries take the exam together?"

"This exam is to promote friendship among countries to raise the level of shinobi. I don't want you to be confused about the true meaning, a replacement for war among allied countries who fought each other over who would rule. If you go back in time, those allied countries were enemies", said the hokage.

"What do you mean?", said Tenten.

"Isn't this for deciding who would become Chunin? Why the hell do we have to deal with that crap?" said Naruto.

"That is the origins of the Chunin Exam selection, in order to prevent wasteful fighting, the stage that these countries chose for battle, where each country's shinobi risk their own life protecting their village's prestige. On the other hand, this also helps determine which shinobi is worthy of becoming a Chunin. Watching this exam will be leaders, influencial individuals from many countries who make up the clients of the shinobi", said the Hokage. As he continued to talk, the part of the preliminary round alerted everyone until a Chunin popped out; Hayate Gekkou. He was the referee for the preliminary round. He started coughing uncontrollably. "That guy looks sick… it looks like he has Asthma or something", thought Kimura.

"First before we begin this preliminary round, I'd like to say that any of you who would wish to quit this round can raise his hand up…" Said Hayate.

Sakura started whispering to Sasuke that he should quit. Then Kabuto raised his hand and quit. The first battle was between Sasuke and one from Kabuto's team.

Yumi's POV

Oh my gosh, it's Sasuke against that guy… Oh no, what if he loses control… I gotta tell Kimura…

To be continued
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter is really short and I got bored... Hope it's okay.
Stay tuned for more!

-Just Some Girl